E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Bad Experience With Bimmian

08-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Thumbs down Bad Experience With Bimmian

I am not the type to go and blast a vendor until I have given them ample opportunity to make it right. In this case I have done that but my patience has run out. I will distill the whole thing down:

- ordered painted M3 lip spoiler, DEPO LED blackline taillights, and 335i black badging.
- paint job on the spoiler was in a word, awful. they subsequently argued with me about this(?)) return process is a PIA...has to go to Canada (customs, etc) and it is on YOUR DIME. good luck recouping that.
-they will only give me site credit and do not want to refund my return shipping costs as I don't want a replacement
-LED tails looked like they had been returned once and upon installation wrought electrical havoc on my vehicle which cost me two trips to the dealer with the stock tails put back in. their fault? maybe...if they had in fact already been returned...
-I then purchased the OEM blacklines and wanted the DEPO refund put towards the purchase of the OEM tails. they didn't do this and issued me site credit!!! So i have like 600 dollars in freakin' site credit!

while they are set up nicely with contacting one CSR, they definitely have fought me the whole way and seem to be trying to make me the bad guy here when they should be bending over backwards to make this right.

My advice? Steer clear.

-
      08-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
e90328i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

damn that sucks, i cant say the same though i ordered a grille, emblems, and amber gones and they were all perfect..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
335iSSA
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i

Sorry to hear that.

I had issues with the color match on my painted reflectors and I never got ones that look proper.

I do have to say that they did try to make it right...but sending crap back to canada isn't worth the effort.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iSSA View Post
Sorry to hear that.

I had issues with the color match on my painted reflectors and I never got ones that look proper.

I do have to say that they did try to make it right...but sending crap back to canada isn't worth the effort.
Yeah I was really trying to be patient. You know, stuff happens, I get it. But I feel like they weren't listening to me. The CSR was involved every step of the way, so I appreciated that, but the whole issue with returns and credits is where it feel through for me.
      08-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
so the update is that my taillights arrived in the great white north, apparently broken even though there is no damage to the outside of the box. so now they will not issue me a complete refund as they are "unsellable," only site credit. you see, to return ship to them you have to send it to canada and since it is a PO Box it can only be done through the flunkies at USPS. what a nightmare.

WHICH BY THE WAY, HOW ARE THESE TAILLIGHTS SELLABLE ANYWAYS? They caused major electrical faults in my car????!!!!
      08-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Sorry to hear that!

Sounds like a bunch of crooks to me, I'd personally never buy from them. . . Lots of vendors are less expensive and I know even ordering from the states if I were to need something from my suppliers I could order at lunch and have it next day before 11am.

I've only ever bought from 4 different companies and 3 have been better than my high expectations.
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
toxsuey
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

I had a horrible transaction on ebay with bimmian. I went back to look at them and it seems as if they have had 20+ negative feedbacks in the last few weeks just on ebay.

Seems like these guys are falling apart
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxsuey View Post
I had a horrible transaction on ebay with bimmian. I went back to look at them and it seems as if they have had 20+ negative feedbacks in the last few weeks just on ebay.

Seems like these guys are falling apart
yeah and it's really unnecessary. all i wanted was to get my money back for defective products, plain and simple. but they have made this such a hassle and me the bad guy. there are just too many other competent vendors out there...
      08-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
yet another update is that they will not credit me for the shipping to return these defective products. I have half a mind to dispute some of the amounts on my CC. I see no other recourse!
      08-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
1bad335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I/ 2012 335I sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iSSA View Post
Sorry to hear that.

I had the same deal with the key hole cover. BSM was about 10 shades off and actually looked grey. I will never buy anything from them again.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #11
kudos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Just call up your CC company and do a chargeback. In the end you'll keep your items(even if they are garbage) and also get your money back.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #12
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
Just call up your CC company and do a chargeback. In the end you'll keep your items(even if they are garbage) and also get your money back.
yeah, I think this is what I'll do. I already sent the items back, but now bimmian is just ignoring my emails for shipping refund, so I'm left with no choice. thanks for the advice.
      08-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
Steve@Bimmian
Sales Manager
Rep
Drives: 1-866-423-3799 - ext. 15

Hey Sickem,

Thanks for the feedback. First and foremost, I just want to apologize for the troubles that you experienced with your order, but thanks for the positive comments about our CSR.

In regards to the spoiler, again, I'm very sorry that there was a problem with the paint and appreciate you sending it back to us. I will make sure that the spoiler amount gets refunded to you. I will also add an extra $25 in the refund to compensate for shipping.

Just to clarify, all products that are returned go through a thorough inspection before they are placed back in stock. If it is deemed that the product shows signs of use or is damaged, the customer is contacted and notified of such, and the product is NOT put back into inventory.

As for the tail lights, I understand that you purchased the set of OEM Blacklines to replace the DEPO ones and it was going to be cross shipped (and you were to be refunded for the returned product). In our return instructions we clearly state that the product must be received back in pristine condition in order for a refund to be issued. Unfortunately, the product arrived back at our warehouse damaged. Since you state that the product wasn't damaged when you packaged it up and it was damaged upon receipt, it's clear that it had to be done in transit. In this case, if I were you, I would definitely file a claim with the shipping company that you used to try to recover the funds from them. I think the CSR was more than fair in issuing you a 100% site credit that you can use towards your next order considering the product is not resellable (I just want to note that the CSR took steps that went outside our company policy to attempt to make this right for you).

I hope this sounds fair to you. I will ensure the refund is issued shortly for you and if you have any other problems or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks.
      08-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #14
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Steve,

I appreciate your response. Things started off positively with the price-matching on the blacklines, etc. The $25 shipping refund is much appreciated. Scott did try his best to be helpful, but I'm sure you can imagine my frustration at the headache these products have caused me.

I guess I got sort of a bum deal with the taillights as they were defective prior to any shipping damage (why I was sending them back in the first place). I will submit a claim to USPS for the damage, but I think I'm only covered for about $75. Given that the product was defective prior to shipping, would you kindly also refund me the $35 it cost me to ship them back to you?

Again, thank you for your response on this. It's unfortunate that it took flaming you guys on here to get this (hopefully) resolved.

Sickem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Bimmian View Post
Hey Sickem,

Thanks for the feedback. First and foremost, I just want to apologize for the troubles that you experienced with your order, but thanks for the positive comments about our CSR.

In regards to the spoiler, again, I'm very sorry that there was a problem with the paint and appreciate you sending it back to us. I will make sure that the spoiler amount gets refunded to you. I will also add an extra $25 in the refund to compensate for shipping.

Just to clarify, all products that are returned go through a thorough inspection before they are placed back in stock. If it is deemed that the product shows signs of use or is damaged, the customer is contacted and notified of such, and the product is NOT put back into inventory.

As for the tail lights, I understand that you purchased the set of OEM Blacklines to replace the DEPO ones and it was going to be cross shipped (and you were to be refunded for the returned product). In our return instructions we clearly state that the product must be received back in pristine condition in order for a refund to be issued. Unfortunately, the product arrived back at our warehouse damaged. Since you state that the product wasn't damaged when you packaged it up and it was damaged upon receipt, it's clear that it had to be done in transit. In this case, if I were you, I would definitely file a claim with the shipping company that you used to try to recover the funds from them. I think the CSR was more than fair in issuing you a 100% site credit that you can use towards your next order considering the product is not resellable (I just want to note that the CSR took steps that went outside our company policy to attempt to make this right for you).

I hope this sounds fair to you. I will ensure the refund is issued shortly for you and if you have any other problems or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks.
      08-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #15
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Steve? Anyone? Bueller?
      08-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #16
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0