E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > The not so fun parts of the N54

05-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #177
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Yeah, but in that one log you maxed fuel trims and ran way lean (on stock boost/timing).
Hmm I just emailed Terry so we'll see what he thinks. If it's my LPFP time for the Walbro
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #178
fdawg4l
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Hahaha i'm already ahead of you got back from apple 2 hours ago. Noticed that last night and went to the Genius Bar today. I'm now on my 3rd iphone 5 and both the first two were replaced for the dust issue.

Anyways thanks everyone for your help so far. Here's a quick update:

After the suggestion to check the pins I pulled all the connections a part and checked them then blew to get rid of any dust. Terry also suggested putting the small black connector back to stock so I did that and it ran no better. I did some logs for Terry and just sent them to him including one log while the car misfired. 3rd gear pull and started shaking then SES light. More fun codes. I think i'm at one set of misfire codes a day right now

What program did you use to read the codes? INPA?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #179
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdawg4l View Post
What program did you use to read the codes? INPA?
That's the JB4 software.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #180
1nityrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4MC

Can you tell me your symptoms before your car misfires? I am starting to have misfiring problems. My car is bone stock. I took it to the dealer and they read intake vanos, and low fuel pressure sensor.

They changed the sensor
I change the intake vanos
I have changed all 6 plugs
New coil on 6

It happen again and dealer codes said misfiring on 1,3 and 5
The history of the car shows that, HPFP and all 6 injectors were done at 45k and 30k respectively.
What I don' t know is if intake valve cleaning was every done. I am seating on 66k miles. I am having my friend; a certified mechanic do it this Monday.

In the case of my car, when I am in high gear mostly from 4-6 and low rpm and I give it gas, the car starts to hesitates. If I back off it goes away. But if I continue it goes into limp mode. Is this similar to what you're having?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #181
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nityrider View Post
Can you tell me your symptoms before your car misfires? I am starting to have misfiring problems. My car is bone stock. I took it to the dealer and they read intake vanos, and low fuel pressure sensor.

They changed the sensor
I change the intake vanos
I have changed all 6 plugs
New coil on 6

It happen again and dealer codes said misfiring on 1,3 and 5
The history of the car shows that, HPFP and all 6 injectors were done at 45k and 30k respectively.
What I don' t know is if intake valve cleaning was every done. I am seating on 66k miles. I am having my friend; a certified mechanic do it this Monday.

In the case of my car, when I am in high gear mostly from 4-6 and low rpm and I give it gas, the car starts to hesitates. If I back off it goes away. But if I continue it goes into limp mode. Is this similar to what you're having?
Yes that sounds similar to the conditions that trigger a misfire for me
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #182
1nityrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes that sounds similar to the conditions that trigger a misfire for me
Not good. Did you figure out what the problem is? Did you change your injectors yet? How about intake valve cleaning, did you do it? There's no records of when it was done to my car so I am having a friend do it to start the troubleshooting process.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #183
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not good. Did you figure out what the problem is? Did you change your injectors yet? How about intake valve cleaning, did you do it? There's no records of when it was done to my car so I am having a friend do it to start the troubleshooting process.
Yes intake valve cleaning no injectors yet. This weekend i'm doing the rear o2's and having the Vanos cleaned. Terry suggested rear o2's and another member on here suggested trying to clean the vanos. If that doesn't do it i'm probably just gonna do all 3 injectors in bank 2
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #184
1nityrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes intake valve cleaning no injectors yet. This weekend i'm doing the rear o2's and having the Vanos cleaned. Terry suggested rear o2's and another member on here suggested trying to clean the vanos. If that doesn't do it i'm probably just gonna do all 3 injectors in bank 2
Ok let me know how that goes. I am doing valve cleaning Monday. But if it's the o2's isn't it going to throw codes?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #185
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok let me know how that goes. I am doing valve cleaning Monday. But if it's the o2's isn't it going to throw codes?
I've gotten a post cat bank 2 trimm control and system check for the o2 a few times
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #186
1nityrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've gotten a post cat bank 2 trimm control and system check for the o2 a few times
Update: So I clean my intakes still no good. Car sounds good and idles great though. The intakes were really dirty too.
Up next the car is going to the dealership for them to look at it. I suspect my problem is fuel related as no o2 codes have being read and it only happens on slow acceleration between gears 4 to 6.

Any news about yours?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #187
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Update: So I clean my intakes still no good. Car sounds good and idles great though. The intakes were really dirty too.
Up next the car is going to the dealership for them to look at it. I suspect my problem is fuel related as no o2 codes have being read and it only happens on slow acceleration between gears 4 to 6.

Any news about yours?
None yet car still at the shop. Picking it up Saturday with new o2's
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #188
1nityrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
None yet car still at the shop. Picking it up Saturday with new o2's
Did the new o2 do the trick? Mine, the dealer said I had a faulty injector. Will hear Monday what the cost will be.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #189
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did the new o2 do the trick? Mine, the dealer said I had a faulty injector. Will hear Monday what the cost will be.
I don't think so... I mean I haven't misfired at all on map 2 93 octane but when I log then do a virtual dyno i'm putting out 320whp. On map 2 FBO I should be well over that... I confirmed that that number is accurate by doing a pull with my friends B6 S4 that puts out right around that and being pretty much even with him. In the past I would put a few lengths on him map 2. Something is definitely wrong. I'm debating what I should try replacing next. Thinking maybe my car doesn't like the NGK's and throwing OEM spark plugs in might be worth a try, 6 new coil packs, or 3 new injectors on bank 2
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #190
1nityrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't think so... I mean I haven't misfired at all on map 2 93 octane but when I log then do a virtual dyno i'm putting out 320whp. On map 2 FBO I should be well over that... I confirmed that that number is accurate by doing a pull with my friends B6 S4 that puts out right around that and being pretty much even with him. In the past I would put a few lengths on him map 2. Something is definitely wrong. I'm debating what I should try replacing next. Thinking maybe my car doesn't like the NGK's and throwing OEM spark plugs in might be worth a try, 6 new coil packs, or 3 new injectors on bank 2
Oh wow that sucks can't tell you anything. But I had a gut feeling mine was fuel related. Hoping the new injectors do the trick. Will update tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #191
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Did they do a compression test like I said they should?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #192
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh wow that sucks can't tell you anything. But I had a gut feeling mine was fuel related. Hoping the new injectors do the trick. Will update tomorrow.
Ok definitely keep me posted. It's weird cause i'm not really misfiring but the car is definitely slow. Feels fine though

Quote:
Did they do a compression test like I said they should?
Haha yes I texted you right after and said all was good
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #193
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ok definitely keep me posted. It's weird cause i'm not really misfiring but the car is definitely slow. Feels fine though

Haha yes I texted you right after and said all was good
I remember now, but what were the numbers? Did he do a dry or wet test?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #194
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I remember now, but what were the numbers? Did he do a dry or wet test?
No idea. Just told me he did it through the spark plug hole and said all were within spec so I didn't ask any questions. Would you like me to find out?

Btw unrelated but I think siren might have gone away... Unsure but I didn't hear it at all today. I'll listen more tomorrow cause it will probably come back. It's starting to seem like once you move downpipes or something like that it goes away
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #195
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
No idea. Just told me he did it through the spark plug hole and said all were within spec so I didn't ask any questions. Would you like me to find out?

Btw unrelated but I think siren might have gone away... Unsure but I didn't hear it at all today. I'll listen more tomorrow cause it will probably come back. It's starting to seem like once you move downpipes or something like that it goes away
Can't hurt at all. Ask what the numbers were and if it was dry or wet test. Same, mine is gone.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #196
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can't hurt at all. Ask what the numbers were and if it was dry or wet test. Same, mine is gone.
alright i'll ask tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #197
1nityrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am a very very happy person today. Injectors did the trick. Car feels and run great! Never being this good maybe couple with the valve cleaning. Best part about the whole thing is BMW NA covered part of the injectors cost!! Yes!! I don't know what my SA did but I told him if he was a girl I give him a hug haha lol. But I only paid for the one bad injector and labor for diagnostics which came up to $547.19. BMW NA paid for the 2 other injectors and the labor and he told all three with labor would have being $1600 He said something about some help program that BMW NA has. My car don't have any certified warranty.

Now if only vishnus guys can hurry with that newer procede unit so I can do an E85 tune.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #198
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am a very very happy person today. Injectors did the trick. Car feels and run great! Never being this good maybe couple with the valve cleaning. Best part about the whole thing is BMW NA covered part of the injectors cost!! Yes!! I don't know what my SA did but I told him if he was a girl I give him a hug haha lol. But I only paid for the one bad injector and labor for diagnostics which came up to $547.19. BMW NA paid for the 2 other injectors and the labor and he told all three with labor would have being $1600 He said something about some help program that BMW NA has. My car don't have any certified warranty.

Now if only vishnus guys can hurry with that newer procede unit so I can do an E85 tune.
Well that's definitely good news. Maybe mine is injector too but idk. On map 2 i'm not misfiring at all, it's just not running very well.
Appreciate 0