E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Question about the window?

08-17-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
Tommy34
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 AW 335xi w/ jb4

Hi all, I hope this is the right section to post this, but this morning I went out to my car (08 335xi) and tried to start it and found a dead battery...no problem, got it jumped and started on my way to work. Not sure what caused the battery to die, but wasn't worried. As I got on the road I noticed a slight wind noise coming from my driver side window. I tried to roll it up thinking that it might be slightly down. Didn't fix it, noticed that the window didn't suck into the top of the door as it does normally when I close the door. I rolled it all the way down, and back up (auto up didn't work) and then it seemed to be okay. When I got to work and closed my door it didn't suck up again...what is going wrong? And is this what caused my battery to die? Hope this makes sense. Trying to write this while multitasking at work :
      08-20-2015, 01:07 AM   #2
kkasson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i, 08 BMW 528i

If the auto-up function isn't working, the window may need to be re-initialized. The car stores how much power the motors need to open and close the windows, and where the fully opened and fully closed positions are. When the battery dies, the stored data can be lost and the windows won't work correctly. Try this:

Power window regulator motors
Initialize as follows:
- Switch ignition ON and close window completely.
- Release window button, then hold switch in Close direction again for
approx. 1 second.
- Open window completely.
- Release window button, then hold switch in Open direction again for
approx. 1 second.
- Close window completely again.
- Release window button, then hold switch in Close direction again for
approx. 1 second.
- Check to make sure one-touch control, anti-trapping and comfort
functions are activated.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
Tommy34
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 AW 335xi w/ jb4

Thank you! Turns out I had an issue with my battery, causing many electrical error codes due to low voltage. I have since put in a new battery and reset the whole system, and no longer have any issues!