E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I blew the whistle on a service advisor via after-service evaluation

12-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #23
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Maybe I used the wrong vocabulary. It's not that he was having a bad day as in a depressive mood. It's just he had that smirk on his face the moment I walked up like, yeah I don't give a shit, don't bother me, kind of arrogant facial expression(smirk).

Everything was a one liner response from him and a smirk to go with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #24
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
OP, be glad he didn't harass you and then block your email from the survey system. Cause that'd be really effed up

See thread here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776230
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #25
theblackmamba
Banned
Rep
Drives: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
Yes, they bill for it, fine. But how was it checked out?

Did they just look at it and say oh yeah it's maybe the rails?

He didn't even offer to fix it. He didn't even push me to repair it or e even seem concerned at all. I came in with a problem and I'd like a minor diagnosis as to what's wrong?!

I was seriously hoping he would come back to me and say 'hey our tech looked at it and it does seem problematic. However in order for us to go forward and really disassemble the pieces, then we'd have to charge you $50 or $75, which of course could go towards the repair .'

However I didn't even get that kind of service!!! All he said was ' yeah, we looked at it, maybe it seems like the rail. PERIOD. End of conversation.

There was no comment about:

Do you want to fix it?
Do you want us to proceed to break it down and fix it?

I was prepared for an ass raping $$ repair which was fine. I got money.

But ,my seat still rocks. You offered no solution. Problem not solved..

Atleast tell me something like "Yeah you know what?! Your seat is bad! It's going to cost $1700 to replace it!" Okay I can accept that comment.

I'm insulted by your comment. The service adviser's attitude that day was just he wanted to leave work or something and not give a rats ass about customer's issues.

Which is why I told the service director , why hire a guy who is not helping the dealership reap in some big $$$??? A seat for $1700 is a nice margin to be had....
So why didnt you just buy a new seat? I mean you have money so that isnt the issue here.

Instead of costing him his job in his first interaction with you I would have been a man and pulled him aside and made an attempt to rectify the situation after the fact. Not go home and hide behind my email.

You aren't bmw's only customer. Just because you drive a bmw doesnt automatically give you the holy grail of customer service.

I agree it was bad customer service but if you had spoken with the guy about his error and a 2nd time came around and the same issue arose then I would side with you.

This is a public forum, I've been here for years and I voiced my opinion, don't like it? There are other forums around.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #26
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-9-D View Post
I think you did the right thing by complaining. However, I don't think you should expect them to necessarily kiss your a** when you roll up. I want service with a clear focus on the job being done and complete attention to detail. No-nonsense in my opinion. I hate service that is overly chatty, social or up in my biz. For some reason this happens to me at the dentist. I want ultimate efficiency and I hate getting caught up in mindless conversation. I'm paying them to fix my car as expeditiously as possible and with the highest level of quality. I am not paying them to be my friend etc.
+1

I want the job done! Nothing more and certainly nothing less!

I understand OP! I work in the gastronomy sector... You have bad day could mean: Loosing your Michelin Star, loosing your Job or having to face Tripadvisor&Co...
      12-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #27
GChase
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i

Wait why'd you go to the stealership and pay for an oil change in the first place?

That was your first mistake...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMWeh View Post
I speak to people to find out - we all have bad days and while it shouldn't be taken to work, we are human. Perhaps a better way of dealing with it would have been to speak with him directly at the time.

I had a similar experience with someone - attitude and acted as if I did something wrong. I simply asked 'Did I do something to make you upset?' and she responded with a 'No', but still appeared upset.. so I followed up with 'Are you certain? Your demeanor towards me seems to tell me otherwise..' after which she said that she had another customer who was an ass, assured me that it wasn't me and then proceeded to apologize and she was like a new person.

We all have bad days.. and you can be guaranteed that some BMW owners who come in for service are jackasses who think they are better than others.
Good post.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #29
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
Yes, they bill for it, fine. But how was it checked out?

Did they just look at it and say oh yeah it's maybe the rails?

He didn't even offer to fix it. He didn't even push me to repair it or e even seem concerned at all. I came in with a problem and I'd like a minor diagnosis as to what's wrong?!

I was seriously hoping he would come back to me and say 'hey our tech looked at it and it does seem problematic. However in order for us to go forward and really disassemble the pieces, then we'd have to charge you $50 or $75, which of course could go towards the repair .'

However I didn't even get that kind of service!!! All he said was ' yeah, we looked at it, maybe it seems like the rail. PERIOD. End of conversation.

There was no comment about:

Do you want to fix it?
Do you want us to proceed to break it down and fix it?

I was prepared for an ass raping $$ repair which was fine. I got money.

But ,my seat still rocks. You offered no solution. Problem not solved..

Atleast tell me something like "Yeah you know what?! Your seat is bad! It's going to cost $1700 to replace it!" Okay I can accept that comment.

I'm insulted by your comment. The service adviser's attitude that day was just he wanted to leave work or something and not give a rats ass about customer's issues.

Which is why I told the service director , why hire a guy who is not helping the dealership reap in some big $$$??? A seat for $1700 is a nice margin to be had....
A bit cowardly I would say. Dude was having a bad day. Have YOU ever had a bad day? Try to get along.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #30
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

GOOD, i'm glad you did what you did. young? new? if that were true he should be trying HARDER at his NEW job, i know whenever i start a new job i try the hardest to prove myself to my superiors. If this guy is new he definitely came into the job with way too arrogant of an attitude
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #31
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
GOOD, i'm glad you did what you did. young? new? if that were true he should be trying HARDER at his NEW job, i know whenever i start a new job i try the hardest to prove myself to my superiors. If this guy is new he definitely came into the job with way too arrogant of an attitude

Were you there?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #32
BMWSOZE
Smooth Operator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZhengHellaFlush View Post
everyone has there good and bad days. You should of went and got someone else who looked like they got laid last night. poor guy probably didnt get it in.
That's why i'm always happy everyday
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #33
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
Wait why'd you go to the stealership and pay for an oil change in the first place?

That was your first mistake...
The oil change was a special, $79.99 including 7 quarts, filter, o-rings, and labor. It beats tisherBMW's price of $76.00.

My total came out to $84 with tax so I paid $8 more for labor and not having to clean up the car.

I generally do all my oil changes, but these coupons are too hard to pass up.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #34
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
I don't think you were wrong in letting the service director know about your experience..that's the purpose of those surveys and most BMW dealerships take those surveys seriously.

I recently completed a survey and it asked me if I got a free complementary car wash. I didn't think much of the question and answered it honestly in saying, "No." I usually like to limit car washing to myself so this didn't bother me. Within a day, my SA emailed me apologizing about the car wash and asking me to come in anytime for a free detail. I declined his offer since it wasn't a big deal, but it obviously was to them and it does reflect their rating to BMW USA.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #35
Taxvictim
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i, Titanium Silver 6MT

Did you ever hear back from the dealer? I got an email from BMW asking me to evaluate a service visit. I gave the SA and the dealership good marks. At the end of the survey, it asked me if I had any other comments or suggestions for BMW engineers about the car itself. In that section, I wrote that the self-dimming mirror is way too slow to get dim, and that the garage door opener built into the mirror is also really weak because I have to be really close to my garage for it to open.

Next day I got an email from the service manager asking me to elaborate about my bad service visit, and I got an email from the SA himself apologizing for the bad service and telling me to bring the car in to get the mirror checked. Then I had to write emails to both explaining that I had no beef with the dealership or my last service call, I was just making a general complaint about the car. I felt bad that the final comments in my survey were taken as a complaint against the SA.
Appreciate 0