E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

12-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #705
bigbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: many

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
I think you'll find that most people on here have been trying to hint that the way you are going about things is not working. All we ask is you, or someone at Big, come on here, be big enough to accept that there have been problems, address them individually (or as best as possible), with a view to building some confidence in your company.

At present you're just coming over as ignorant, bullying and illiterate. Let me ask you, would you chose to do business with someone with these mannerisms???

edit 1 - well done on proving the Z4M's are there though. BUT, you must understand having read this thread why people on here are angry about what's happened to others in our 'community', don't get pissed off at us for having digs at you, if you're going to be the spokesman from now on, then unfortunately you have to take it on the chin. Just imagine though, if, and I highlight IF, you do win confidence back how many more cars you could sell. Listen to what your prospective customers expect from you (i.e. us) and try your best to deliver. Everyone's a winner. Oh, think Viv might want some cash off you soon for your advertising .

edit 2 - the reason this thread has been going on for so long is because there have been so many 'alleged' wrong doings, or bad treatment, by your company, not necessarily because we've got nothing to do; more fresh people come on here to tell their tale...
We have come on here and asked any one for a meeting to come to our site from this forum as a group to show us what we are doing wrong all we have had is childish coments ref: Party's, If people are real and have a complaint why don't they come down in a group, the people on your forum have said they were going to do this many time's so please lets sit round a table and if you think you can help we will always listen, as you have got it wrong ref: Z4 we are not saying we have always got things right but we do try and correct any procedures that we do get wrong, to make we do get things right but we only market cars that we have, yes one did slip thru the net but then we are only human to look at the size of our site I gave the forum my personal e mail address so any one can e mail me with any problems, but 90 percent of people trying to give it to us have NEVER BEEN TO US OR BOUGHT A CAR FROM US, and if any people come on here saying good things about us you crusify them. This is my last post anyone can e mail us once again here is our personal e mail: peter@bigmotoringworld.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #706
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
And as pointed out much earlier in the thread, this thread would have died a death, never to appear on anyone's radar, never mind the search engines, if one of your people hadn't joined the forum to sing your praises in this thread.
The thread was started on 10th June, 2008 and the last comment - only the ninth reply, was made on 21st November 2008. The thread lay dormant sinking into the depths of the database un-noticed and un-read by anyone until 22nd June 2009 - SEVEN MONTHS later, when a Big Motoring World employee signed on as bmm3csl to sing your praises to the high heavens.

It was so badly done, that it was instantly recognised for what it was so really, YOU guys started this entire debacle. If it hadn't been for your interventions, this thread would have been obliterated from everyone's memory OVER TWO YEARS ago.

Talk about giving someone enough rope...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #707
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Well, I'm liking the punctuation, took me half the time to read your post .

If everyone is honest, a meeting isn't going to happen is it for two reasons -: 1) few people live near enough to make the effort and 2) even fewer people can probably be arsed and have better things to do. Your open invitation to visit your site or e-mail is a good start though.

Personally I'd have directly approached and addressed those people who have had problems openly on the forum in a friendly and professional manner and we'd all see you as honest and trying your best to make amends. However, this isn't quite whats happened is it - I am trying to help here.

Take Anneka at Sytner for example. She came on here amongst a wave of complaints about them and has turned things round nicely and even become a sponser. I'd say she's quickly become a good contact for most people and is surely easily making money from us now. Yes, they don't get everything right, but at least we beleive they have our best interests at heart (hopefully ).
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe

Last edited by rogerxp; 12-09-2010 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #708
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport x-drive F30

That red E90 on the 4th picture looks cheap:

RK57 VHZ - £8995

Could that be a new motor for MEGA?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #709
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Why would this now be his last post just at the point where he could potentially turn this to his good, he still hasn't responded to any of the issues and the thread has become much more willing to listen to his views.

His grammar also has improved, me thinks he is not on his own typing the last few comments and Daddy has subsequently very wisely removed his internet connection.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #710
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff123 View Post
That red E90 on the 4th picture looks cheap:

RK57 VHZ - £8995

Could that be a new motor for MEGA?
Not sure I'd downgrade from an M sport to an SE even if it did net me £4k in the process

I'm holding firm for Sept - 25th bday. And then buying a proper car...
      12-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #711
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Why would this now be his last post just at the point where he could potentially turn this to his good, he still hasn't responded to any of the issues and the thread has become much more willing to listen to his views.

His grammar also has improved, me thinks he is not on his own typing the last few comments and Daddy has subsequently very wisely removed his internet connection.
I'd agree Davy it would be a shame if Bigsy stopped posting as he seems to be doing quite well.
He'd do even better if, as you suggest, that he went through the thread and approached all the members who have a genuine gripe with his business and see if he could do anything to rectify past mistakes.

The spelling and grammar has come on in leaps and bounds though, impressive for just a few nights at adult education

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post

I'm holding firm for Sept - 25th bday. And then buying a proper car..
I never had you down as a tourer kind of guy Dave, even less so the SE variant
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #712
fitzgeme
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 335i

Boasting that this thread makes them 1 on the google ranking....like boasting that you name appears first on google on a sex offenders register.

Bank account zeros'........9 cars sold.......translation too much stock and cash flow issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #713
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
My old man spotted a M5 touring for sale on their website earlier and asked me if I had heard of these guys?!
      12-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #714
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

In the Xmas spirit, I reckon we need to start a new thread based on fact, with genuine punters who have called them, bought from them, just test driven, or used them, feedback good or bad, with genuine replies from Big Motoring World allowed.

If BMW dealers are allowing and responding to genuine customers feedback on their website, than why not give these guys the chance.

The old thread can continue as a source of eternal mirth and merriment
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #715
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbmw View Post
Here are our two Pictures of our z4 Ms at our site in the snow by our sign with a back and front view. Even the greatest of men make mistakes. But we don`t write forums about it for two and a half years.
Fair play to you bigsy - heres my tea.....

You're even got (I presume) the 50k one at £1k less, so we can't even speculate that one might be CatD.

As far as I can see, the main complaint from punters on here was that you would tempt people to come and see cars you didn't actually have.

By proving you do actually have both Z4Ms, that post has done more good for your reputation than any of your fake posters over the last 2 years. People on here will start accusing me of working at BMWorld....

You do seem to care about your reputation, and you do appear to have a lot of stock. All I would say - in an attempt to be constructive - is that you are less likely to p*ss customers off if you don't pretend to have cars you don't have.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #716
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
We have come on here and asked any one for a meeting to come to our site from this forum as a group to show us what we are doing wrong all we have had is childish coments ref: Party's, If people are real and have a complaint why don't they come down in a group, the people on your forum have said they were going to do this many time's so please lets sit round a table and if you think you can help we will always listen, as you have got it wrong ref: Z4 we are not saying we have always got things right but we do try and correct any procedures that we do get wrong, to make we do get things right but we only market cars that we have, yes one did slip thru the net but then we are only human to look at the size of our site I gave the forum my personal e mail address so any one can e mail me with any problems, but 90 percent of people trying to give it to us have NEVER BEEN TO US OR BOUGHT A CAR FROM US, and if any people come on here saying good things about us you crusify them. This is my last post anyone can e mail us once again here is our personal e mail: peter@bigmotoringworld.co.uk
I think that the complaints listed on this thread provide excellent feedback from your customers about the things you are doing wrong. I've not seen anything in your posts that suggests that you intend to investigate these complaints or try to resolve them in any way.

In addition representatives from Big Motoring World (including you) have instead registered for this forum to deliberately pose as 'satisfied customers' to try to redress the balance of comments. You only revealed that you were an employee of Big Motoring World when you were caught out, as was the case with your colleagues.

This sort of dishonesty, in the face of very clear and damning complaints from potential customers, does not present your business in a favourable light. If you are prepared to lie in this thread, why should customers trust you with their money?

Last edited by NFS; 12-09-2010 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #717
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Just for the record I want to repost this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=572

BigBMW, if you genuinely care about customer service and want to portray your busines as honest and professional, why did you start off by pretending that you were not associated with Big Motoring World.

That is clearly a deliberate attempt to mislead people. Why would an honest man do something like that?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #718
Snooky
Major
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback Carbon Blac

Well said Simon, Bigsy has been downright dishonest on this thread - behaviour very much in keeping with the king of business portrayed by those posters with complaints about Big Motoring World....
      12-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #719
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
Peter! Now that's more like it!

Now Pete, you know I said that little thing about NOT USING THIS FORUM TO TRY & PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS, WITHOUT BEING A SPONSOR, well, it looks very much to me like you weren't paying any attention at all, were you?

So, being the fair sort of person that I am, and taking into account everything we've said over the last few pages, how about we come to some sort of compromise? Something like this:

a- You collate (put together) a list of everyone on this forum who has clearly made a complaint (something they don't like) about Big Motoring World, you state clearly your company's position (what you think) regarding each & every complaint & you state clearly what you intend doing about those issues & a time scale (when you're going to do something) for doing so, AND
b- You ask someone able to post in clear English, to post on your behalf, AND
c- You start taking this party a lot more seriously, showing some sort of interest in the food, the drink, the music, the rest of the entertainment for the evening & sorting out a list of people that you'll be inviting from Big Motoring World- I'll do the same for E90Post, ok.

If you agree to the above & actually carry it out, then I won't ban you, ok.

Even if you ask the likes of Calvin (squeezebm), who thinks I've had it in for him from the start, he'll tell you that you just won't get any fairer than that.

Now, Petey, regarding the music at the party, would you rather listen to a bit of 'Madness', or are you more of a Shakespeares Sister's 'I don't care' fan?

I've taken the liberty of getting a few quotes from a number of professional catering companies to organise the food for the party. Gordon Ramsay's boys & girls just aren't hitting the mark these days & Heston Blumenthal seems to have got an orange stuck in his Christmas pudding, so it looks like Tony's going to be the best bet as the party's caterer & chef. He'll get the quote sorted soon & I'll have him send it over to your accounts department, so they can cry over the price, but also have their mouths water over the menu selection, ironically.

As for your top ranking on Google, that's when you search for 'Big Motoring World complaints', Pete. When you click on that top link, you'll end up here! We've helped you get there & we'll do whatever we can to help you stay there. That's a promise!
If you can think of any other ways in which we can get you even higher than the first hit on Google, please let me know- I can't wait to hear your ideas.

Oh, one last thing. When you said 'got more zeros in the bank through 20 years of hard graft than you so cant be that dumb can i????', did you mean there were any other digits in front of all those zeroes, or was there just another '0' at the front of all of them? I told my accountant what you said & she told me to just ignore you, especially where your maths & English is concerned. She also told me that you might not be very good at reading either, but she couldn't really be sure about that, although she would be prepared to bet on it.

Best wishes.

Viv
Please stop. I nearly spilled wine on my keyboard due to my hysterical laughing.

I will not hesitate to sue for the distress and damages that this thread has caused
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 02:20 AM   #720
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Peter, is it ok if I just call you 'bigsy'- it seems more of the members are now accustomed to that?

It seems you have completed part 2 of the 3 tasks which I have mentioned, so well done there.

I'm now going on a Big Relaxing World of a holiday to the Bahamas, so I'll leave you in the very capable hands of Tony & the rest of the UK forum members, all of whom are actually trying to help you. Please try to remember that, ok.

As for the party, how about if we wait until the thread hits 100,000 hits? We can then invite members from some of the other car forums as well?!

Best wishes.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 05:08 AM   #721
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post

Ian. Valid point and completely justified. I didn't realise the linked pic was a tourer. Not at all interested in a tourer. The next car will have 2 doors

Not that I'm interested in that car even if it was a saloon. As it is poverty spec

Dave.
      12-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #722
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
I'm holding firm for Sept - 25th bday. And then buying a proper car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Quote:
Ian. Valid point and completely justified. I didn't realise the linked pic was a tourer. Not at all interested in a tourer. The next car will have 2 doors

Not that I'm interested in that car even if it was a saloon. As it is poverty spec

Dave.
It was a crap joke admittedly, but I thought you would have got the jist
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #723
bigbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Just for the record I want to repost this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=572

BigBMW, if you genuinely care about customer service and want to portray your busines as honest and professional, why did you start off by pretending that you were not associated with Big Motoring World.

That is clearly a deliberate attempt to mislead people. Why would an honest man do something like that?
when i came on a couple of days ago i registered as big bmw. how have i deceived anyone about this? please look at my log in name, where has it said in any posting i have made that im not associated with the company. looks like another mistake! i am looking at every post and i will be addressing all of these post with my staff to see what they have to say, and come up with a result if we can, but i have given my e mail address once again so anyone can speak to me about any problems. thanks once again. peter@bigmotoringworld.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #724
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
when i came on a couple of days ago i registered as big bmw. how have i deceived anyone about this? please look at my log in name, where has it said in any posting i have made that im not associated with the company. looks like another mistake!
No mistake on my part.

In your early posts you repeatedly referred to Big Motoring World in the third person:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbmw
they (we?) must get a lot right as they (we?) won BEST car dealer award 2010 or are you just upset that you didnt win it or are you trying to get as big as this (our?) company but cant
Why did you use language that suggested that you were not part of this company?

If your intention was to represent Big Motoring World on this forum why were you not clear about your affiliation with the business from the outset?

The administrators of this site identified you as posting from a Big Motoring World IP address. You were not clear about your identity until after this happened. A number of other posts in this thread were identified as posts from Big Motoring World IP addresses using multiple forum identities.

This is not an honest approach.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #725
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
when i came on a couple of days ago i registered as big bmw. how have i deceived anyone about this? please look at my log in name, where has it said in any posting i have made that im not associated with the company. looks like another mistake! i am looking at every post and i will be addressing all of these post with my staff to see what they have to say, and come up with a result if we can, but i have given my e mail address once again so anyone can speak to me about any problems. thanks once again. peter@bigmotoringworld.co.uk
As per NFS post above, you're just undoing your good work on the double Z4M photo.

If you'll lie about your identity, it makes all the allegations about you saying "yes we have that car" when customers call about a car before visiting - which then turn out to have been "just sold this morning" when they turn up - all the more believable.

Perhaps many of your customers just come to buy any old shiney BMW, and don't care that you don't have the exact one you advertised. I can see why this may work for your business to perhaps a surprising extent.

Personally however, if you think thats an OK tactic I would be very worried about what other practices you thought were "acceptable".
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #726
bigbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
As per NFS post above, you're just undoing your good work on the double Z4M photo.

If you'll lie about your identity, it makes all the allegations about you saying "yes we have that car" when customers call about a car before visiting - which then turn out to have been "just sold this morning" when they turn up - all the more believable.

Perhaps many of your customers just come to buy any old shiney BMW, and don't care that you don't have the exact one you advertised. I can see why this may work for your business to perhaps a surprising extent.

Personally however, if you think thats an OK tactic I would be very worried about what other practices you thought were "acceptable".
we have over 400 bmws please please look at our site on blog look at our website we only advertise 400 bmws we dont need to advertise cars we dont have we are big why do we need to do this now being so big theres many companys that do this not far from me to try and look big please look around thanks
Appreciate 0