E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need direction on bumper protector

01-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Martin528
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 528

Need direction on bumper protector

Had my bumper replaced a few weeks ago after someone backed into it.
I noticed a scratch that I think my partner did while loading groceries. Want to protect that area now.
Here are some options:
http://www.eurosportdesign.com/p-431...FS-RPAodV0YAhg

that comes in black or clear
or:

http://www.bavauto.com/fland.asp?par...FSOnPAodKQQA3Q

thoughts?
      01-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

Bimmian has it too
http://www.bimmian.com/Rear-Bumper-G...r-E93-3-Series

It's a decent look. I'd go black with your color, but that's just me. I add black accents to everything!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Bumper protection is a tough sell. I mean I have clear bra on my entire hood, my front bumper, my headlights, my mirror caps and my front fenders too.
While it protects against typical road hazards, if somebody actually hit me at a reasonable low-speed I don't think it would do very much to be honest.
As a matter of fact, I have scraped a low driveway with my old coupe with clear bra on it and it made it worse because it chewed through the plastic making an even bigger eyesore.
Then you have those horrendous looking bumper badgers or bumper bullies, which pretty much look like a doormat draped over your bumper.
I mean yeah they protect like a champ, but I just couldn't bring myself to put one of those hideous things on my car.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Just get a full car body wrap Invisishield.

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335
Bumper protection is a tough sell. I mean I have clear bra on my entire hood, my front bumper, my headlights, my mirror caps and my front fenders too.
While it protects against typical road hazards, if somebody actually hit me at a reasonable low-speed I don't think it would do very much to be honest.
As a matter of fact, I have scraped a low driveway with my old coupe with clear bra on it and it made it worse because it chewed through the plastic making an even bigger eyesore.
Then you have those horrendous looking bumper badgers or bumper bullies, which pretty much look like a doormat draped over your bumper.
I mean yeah they protect like a champ, but I just couldn't bring myself to put one of those hideous things on my car.
The one that locks onto your license frame is not bad, I can tolerate that. I'd never drive around with it though, only when I'm parked since I live in the city. I see everyone around here with that stupid bumper bully, it
looks like shit and they don't realize that the dust caught under will scratch the paint. Btw OP, there's a DIY on here that teaches you how to clear bra your car with bulk film which is pretty cheap. Here's the link.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62059
      01-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
inline6ix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deep Green E90 325i

Garage List
The clear bra works wonders on the metal parts of the car, however when removing it from the front bumper (as it was worn out), it left some visible marks. I also have the clear protector on the trunk, and it is definitely worth it for any person that uses their trunk.
      01-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
Denny347
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

I think they are talking about 2 different kinds of rear bumper protector in the responses. I am toying with this idea on the wife's Touareg since we load/unload stuff in the hatch constantly. My BMW however, I dono. If I used the trunk as much as the wife does, maybe. Since it faces up, would a clear protector start to turn yellow from sun exposure?
Appreciate 0