E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > FS: E92 335i Rear subframe with large pumpkin bolted diff, half shafts and brakes

08-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

FS: E92 335i Rear subframe with large pumpkin bolted diff, half shafts and brakes

Hey guys

I finally had my M3 driveline installed @ Advan, I had a buyer pull out for my oem setup so she's back up for sale!

The car has just over 80000 kays (6-7k kays have been tuned putting out 260-270 rwkw) and I’m the type of guy who has never chucked a burnout or drives the car hard, I prefer to give it a squirt from a roll on to provide the driveline, clutch and tyres as much mechanical sympathy as possible.

Fortunately my car has the bolted large pumpkin diff, so what this means is to slot in a LSD it’s a lot cheaper, and the large pumpkin diffs are much stronger then the small pumpkin diffs found in 08+ cars (BMW apparently designed a welded ring gear to cut costs v’s the bolted diff) so I was intending to offer the rear subframe and diff for sale as a complete unit.

This setup would be perfect for a DCT owner or late model MT owner who has the small pumpkin welded diff setup.

This will benefit an interested party as they can have the subframe bushes upgraded and the diff upgraded so there is no downtime then when the install is to be conducted you can just drop the subframe and diff and swap it over.
When the time comes to sell the car, you can simply drop the rear subframe & swap the oem setup back in and sell the upgraded large pumpkin diff, subframe bushes as a complete unit rather than having to find an interested party and then co-ordinating time to swap their oem diff over to the lsd setup.

Since my car is a MT, it also has beefier rear half shafts which are supposedly stronger then AT half shafts.

Price $1500

Appreciate 0