E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Bully Clutch/MFactory Flywheel Combo

12-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i Lci

Bully Clutch/MFactory Flywheel Combo

Bully Stage 4 clutch
MFactory SM flywheel

So I decided to start this thread basically to share with you the parts I plan on buying and to turn this thread into a review once I have them!

Clutch: Bully Stage 4 http://www.bullyclutch.com/clutch4.html $690

Before I came into the Bimmer world I was on the Subaru forums and I saw quite a few good reviews on these clutches. I decided just seeing Subaru reviews wasn't enough so I did a little search and found Audi, VW, and Honda guys with nothing but excellent reviews. Everyone had something similar to say along the lines of high holding Torque capacity with excellent pedal feel. I drove 335i's with ACT/SPEC clutches and I hated them. It felt like I was driving a dump truck(yes I drive dump trucks ). I need to email Bully for the specific price but either way I'm set on one of their clutches.

Flywheel: MFactory SMFW http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1077622 $499

I have never bought any parts from MFactory but I have messaged them plenty of times about their LSD (which I still have bought yet ) They were very helpful and quick to respond. Plenty of happy MFactory customers so I'm confident with them. I saw the picture of their flywheel and its looks like a quality piece so I'm deciding to go with it!

You may wonder why I need these parts since I'm only FBO currently. I plan on installing a single turbo kit this winter and I want my power levels in the car over 800 as we've seen it done already. Depending on how my motor reacts will truly depend on how hard we push it haha.

Right now I'm waiting for Steve at Fuel-It to release his new fueling products this month. When those are released it will determine what I am buying first ....either my clutch/flywheel or my fueling solutions.

Till then feel free to comment any experience or thoughts on the companies I've posted!

EDIT: just got off the phone with BULLY, and they are recommending a twin disc set up that they offer ..getting prices done up now

Last edited by idratherbesurfing; 12-02-2015 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
Rep

Saved
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #3
stari335
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Dump truck sound is caused by your gearbox bruh but loking forward to your feedback
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #4
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stari335 View Post
Dump truck sound is caused by your gearbox bruh but loking forward to your feedback
Said nothing about "sound". "Pedal feel" ...was likened to a dump truck
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
335NJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i 6MT E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by idratherbesurfing View Post
Said nothing about "sound". "Pedal feel" ...was likened to a dump truck
I've heard of this too, and it's expected with a high performance clutch, but people who've driven much more aggressive cars have said they're a pretty harsh driving clutch. Although everyone is different so I would want to drive one a few hours before writing them off, my opinion though. Thanks for taking the risk and giving this clutch a shot!

Definitely keep us posted, more options are always a good thing.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #6
jellish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M

Quote:
Bully Stage 4 clutch
MFactory SM flywheel

So I decided to start this thread basically to share with you the parts I plan on buying and to turn this thread into a review once I have them!

Clutch: Bully Stage 4 http://www.bullyclutch.com/clutch4.html $690

Before I came into the Bimmer world I was on the Subaru forums and I saw quite a few good reviews on these clutches. I decided just seeing Subaru reviews wasn't enough so I did a little search and found Audi, VW, and Honda guys with nothing but excellent reviews. Everyone had something similar to say along the lines of high holding Torque capacity with excellent pedal feel. I drove 335i's with ACT/SPEC clutches and I hated them. It felt like I was driving a dump truck(yes I drive dump trucks ). I need to email Bully for the specific price but either way I'm set on one of their clutches.

Flywheel: MFactory SMFW http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1077622 $499

I have never bought any parts from MFactory but I have messaged them plenty of times about their LSD (which I still have bought yet ) They were very helpful and quick to respond. Plenty of happy MFactory customers so I'm confident with them. I saw the picture of their flywheel and its looks like a quality piece so I'm deciding to go with it!

You may wonder why I need these parts since I'm only FBO currently. I plan on installing a single turbo kit this winter and I want my power levels in the car over 800 as we've seen it done already. Depending on how my motor reacts will truly depend on how hard we push it haha.

Right now I'm waiting for Steve at Fuel-It to release his new fueling products this month. When those are released it will determine what I am buying first ....either my clutch/flywheel or my fueling solutions.

Till then feel free to comment any experience or thoughts on the companies I've posted!

EDIT: just got off the phone with BULLY, and they are recommending a twin disc set up that they offer ..getting prices done up now
Any idea why they don't list what these clutches will hold? That seems really cheap for something that will hold 800hp. The Spec Stage 3 is listed at 500tq and it's what, $686? We're talking a lot more holding power for even less money?

Edit: looking at it, I see no mention of the pressure plate. Maybe that's why it's so cheap? What are your plans for the PP?
      12-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #7
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroclast View Post
Any idea why they don't list what these clutches will hold? That seems really cheap for something that will hold 800hp. The Spec Stage 3 is listed at 500tq and it's what, $686? We're talking a lot more holding power for even less money?

Edit: looking at it, I see no mention of the pressure plate. Maybe that's why it's so cheap? What are your plans for the PP?
I think they dont list holding power due to it varies with each vehicle..this company has their own technology..and their pricing is what it is. They are by no means a cheap BS brand...its just priced reasonably.

Ill get back to you on pressure plate becuase we are trying to determine what clutch would best suit me. I told them its a street car, 1/4 mile, and 1/2 mile racer. So ill be high power and slamming gears but id like to keep it as bearable as possible with pedal feel. Ill update asap
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:27 PM   #8
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335NJ View Post
I've heard of this too, and it's expected with a high performance clutch, but people who've driven much more aggressive cars have said they're a pretty harsh driving clutch. Although everyone is different so I would want to drive one a few hours before writing them off, my opinion though. Thanks for taking the risk and giving this clutch a shot!

Definitely keep us posted, more options are always a good thing.

Its a known fact the higher power you have the worse your pedal feel will get with upgraded clutch...not a big deal. But what im getting at is that the stage 2 clutches ive driven had pedal feel like they were stage 5 clutches and thats ridiculous. Theyre only made for 450 or 500tq. The 335is clutch holds that and pushes down like butter....
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 05:25 AM   #9
jtswole
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

You can get the spec 3+ and billet flywheel cheaper.
      12-03-2015, 06:28 AM   #10
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswole View Post
You can get the spec 3+ and billet flywheel cheaper.

Are u saying i can get mfactory cheaper. Or spec products...i dont want spec products
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 09:15 PM   #11
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
Rep

Waiting to hear back from Bully. They are thinking i should run a custom twin disc by them rather then a normal street clutch they offer. Due to the fact i will be shifting harshly they think ill be better off with twin disc. I have to call back and get pricing. I was on the phone with them after hours last night and never got a call back. Not a big deal though.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 06:12 AM   #12
crazyyardie
Rep
Drives: 335i n54

Quote:
Waiting to hear back from Bully. They are thinking i should run a custom twin disc by them rather then a normal street clutch they offer. Due to the fact i will be shifting harshly they think ill be better off with twin disc. I have to call back and get pricing. I was on the phone with them after hours last night and never got a call back. Not a big deal though.
Twin disc will feel the best and hold the most power. Twins are winning till they start making noise. Twins are noisey
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 06:28 AM   #13
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyyardie View Post
Twin disc will feel the best and hold the most power. Twins are winning till they start making noise. Twins are noisey
Yea i mean im going to have to deal with it since i want that power. Cant have everything haha.
Appreciate 0