E90Post

MaxcySpeed & Company

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Alpina B3 Flash DIY with Winkfp

02-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #155
TitaniumTurbo

Drives: 2011 335i x-drive sedan

Coding

I am interested in having someone help me do this remotely. Is there a link to someone selling a reliable cable and where I can download the software needed? I would like to have someone help do some of the coding tricks I have seen elsewhere on the site if anyone is interested. Feel free to PM me.
TitaniumTurbo is offline   United_States
      02-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #156
joepcrepairs
Banned

Drives: 09 e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTurbo View Post
I am interested in having someone help me do this remotely. Is there a link to someone selling a reliable cable and where I can download the software needed? I would like to have someone help do some of the coding tricks I have seen elsewhere on the site if anyone is interested. Feel free to PM me.
i can help you
joepcrepairs is offline   United_States
      02-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #157
joepcrepairs
Banned

Drives: 09 e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk08e92 View Post
so where do i download winkpf and the actual flash. I have a working setup on xp with ncsexpert. Id love to do this flash but NO ONE seems to be posting a link to the actual software and flash needed to make this happen. Please, feel free to PM me any info you have about making this possible.
pm me ill help you
joepcrepairs is offline   United_States
      03-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #158
Javy
e92javy

Drives: Alpine White E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javy View Post
Yes. INPA is working fine. I was just pulling a code I had. I was also reading analog values from block six with no problems.

I went to NCS expert to fix the paddles after and I am getting the error. I don't get it. INPA is working and NCS was working a week ago. I am going to empty the MAN file and see what happens.
Guys I just got it working. NCS Expert would not work for me unless I had INPA closed.

Must INPA be closed for NCS to work for anyone else ?

Paddles are now working !!
Instagram- javy_e92 ---09 335i coupe / M package / Alpine White / Dinan Stage 2 / Alpina B3 Flash / Alufelgen SF71 / ST coils / Lux H8 / 6700k mtech HID / Performance trunk spoiler / Gloss black roof / CF interior wrap / PE Muffler Mod / ETS Charge pipe / Tial BOV / Cyba Quad Diffuser / Cyba Quad Black Chrome tips / Gloss black grills / AW reflectors / LED turn signals / Remote Key +---
Javy is offline   United_States
      03-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #159
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: The Coding Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javy View Post
Guys I just got it working. NCS Expert would not work for me unless I had INPA closed.

Must INPA be closed for NCS to work for anyone else ?

Paddles are now working !!
Yes you can't have two instances using the same ediabas!
cn555ic is offline   United_States
      03-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #160
Javy
e92javy

Drives: Alpine White E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Yes you can't have two instances using the same ediabas!
I was breaking my damn head for nothing ! I thought I messed something up on my INPA settings or something and all I had to do was close INPA before NCS Expert.

Anyways, thank you sir for putting this together.
Instagram- javy_e92 ---09 335i coupe / M package / Alpine White / Dinan Stage 2 / Alpina B3 Flash / Alufelgen SF71 / ST coils / Lux H8 / 6700k mtech HID / Performance trunk spoiler / Gloss black roof / CF interior wrap / PE Muffler Mod / ETS Charge pipe / Tial BOV / Cyba Quad Diffuser / Cyba Quad Black Chrome tips / Gloss black grills / AW reflectors / LED turn signals / Remote Key +---
Javy is offline   United_States
      03-09-2014, 02:33 AM   #161
SINasTER
Private First Class

Drives: 335xi 2008 E90

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Had mine done last summer but now I think that the tranny is starting to slip in "D" mode aka "grandpa is driving mode"... Gives me the impression that the clutch is slipping in gear 1 and 2.

In "S" or "M" seems to be ok but cant really push it too much since its winter.

Logic dictates to dump her, move on, find another trophy for the passenger seat 'cause finding another perfect car is near impossible !!
SINasTER is offline   Canada
      03-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #162
AlpineSwift
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Been digging through the search and trying to go through as much info as I can but I feel like nothing I'm doing is making any difference.

I have the full suite of standard tools 2.12 and spdaten 49.3 but after following all the install guides and advice out there I still can't get Winkfp past update zusb for the car and it pops up with error 106.

I have the same cable that was recommended for this flash so I don't think its the hardware. Knowing me, somewhere along the line I jacked up the software install.

Please help. lol
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP V2, ar design DP's, BMW PE w/Race Cats, VRSF CP w/Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS DCI, BMS Cowl, Alpina TCU Flash, Turner Boost Gauge, Fully Coded, Lots of White LED's with White AE's (FBO just 2 months after Purchasing). *Ask me about coding for Denver South Area*
Tanya: The Build Thread
My Automotive Blog
AlpineSwift is offline   United_States
      03-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #163
joepcrepairs2
Private First Class

Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSwift View Post
Been digging through the search and trying to go through as much info as I can but I feel like nothing I'm doing is making any difference.

I have the full suite of standard tools 2.12 and spdaten 49.3 but after following all the install guides and advice out there I still can't get Winkfp past update zusb for the car and it pops up with error 106.

I have the same cable that was recommended for this flash so I don't think its the hardware. Knowing me, somewhere along the line I jacked up the software install.

Please help. lol
I can remotely help you achieve this. pm me if you need my help
      03-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #164
AlpineSwift
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Fixed everything after doing some reading and testing. Was working on doing the alpina flash on my dads car and got all the way to the programming part. I hit program and after one load of 100% it stopped with error 211. Car still works fine and no issues with the trans but I'm drawing blanks as to what could cause this error.
Verified INPA is communicating. The only thing I've been able to find regarding error 211 so far is the fast baudrate enabled being an issue.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP V2, ar design DP's, BMW PE w/Race Cats, VRSF CP w/Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS DCI, BMS Cowl, Alpina TCU Flash, Turner Boost Gauge, Fully Coded, Lots of White LED's with White AE's (FBO just 2 months after Purchasing). *Ask me about coding for Denver South Area*
Tanya: The Build Thread
My Automotive Blog
AlpineSwift is offline   United_States
      03-25-2014, 04:15 PM   #165
joepcrepairs2
Private First Class

Drives: e92

Quote:
Fixed everything after doing some reading and testing. Was working on doing the alpina flash on my dads car and got all the way to the programming part. I hit program and after one load of 100% it stopped with error 211. Car still works fine and no issues with the trans but I'm drawing blanks as to what could cause this error.
Verified INPA is communicating. The only thing I've been able to find regarding error 211 so far is the fast baudrate enabled being an issue.
it shouldnt give you any erros if doing it right ,and potting the correct vin #and choosing the right numbers.
      03-26-2014, 07:11 AM   #166
cn555ic

Quote:
You might have to set the latency setting to 1. Please also make sure if you have a tune like Procede or JB4 to set it to valet map 0
      03-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #167
mzdial

Drives: 2011 335xi ///M-sport Coupe

Thanks everyone for the helpful posts! I successfully flashed my transmission over to the Alpina software. Everything is working great, but I can't get my paddle shifters to work!

I've tried the DIY steps, which show successful, but with no effect. I'm using NCS Expertool 4.0.1 with EDIABAS 7.3. I am using the 50.2 Datens, patched over with the Alpina Daten extract. When I go through the steps to reset, my FSW_PSW.TRC populates with:

EL_INTERLOCK
nicht_aktiv
NIC
nicht_aktiv
PADDLES
wert_00
SEAT
wert_00
OBD_PFC
wert_00

I've read elsewhere that this is correct from the EGS and that it is not active on models with existing paddles?

If I'm understanding correctly, I'm essentially trying to reset the EGS in the part 2 steps on the DIY. Correct? I tried to reset the EGS using Rheingold ISTA. It did not change my situation.

I believe I have all of my software configured and working properly, just looking for ideas.

Thanks!
      03-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #168
cryptomit
Private

Drives: owned 330i

you will do it using NCS Expert with Expertmode, you need to read EGS and the recode it.
      03-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #169
mzdial

I'm using the FSW PSW MAN profile that I built off the NCS Dummy Profile (revtor for NCS Expert 4)

I know when I had a version of NCS Expert 3 on, it had an expertmode. I don't have that now. I was under the impression that this PFL I setup (FSW PSW MAN) would behave properly reading/writing. I've been able to code from CAS with it.

Thanks!
      03-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #170
mzdial

Success! Paddles are working again!

I got an idea and tried using the NCS Expert 3 version, copied the Datens and other files over, used the Expertmode in there.. Followed the steps outlined by cn555ic, and all is well.

I guess I don't know enough at this point to understand what the difference between the Expertmode profile on version 3, and the one that I setup on 4. I know I couldn't just copy the Expertmode PFL over as it was a version mismatch and wouldn't open.

Anyways, thanks for the help on setting this up! Can't wait to really try it on the road over the next week or two!
      03-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #171
cn555ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzdial View Post
Success! Paddles are working again!

I got an idea and tried using the NCS Expert 3 version, copied the Datens and other files over, used the Expertmode in there.. Followed the steps outlined by cn555ic, and all is well.

I guess I don't know enough at this point to understand what the difference between the Expertmode profile on version 3, and the one that I setup on 4. I know I couldn't just copy the Expertmode PFL over as it was a version mismatch and wouldn't open.

Anyways, thanks for the help on setting this up! Can't wait to really try it on the road over the next week or two!