E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

06-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #353
Steve748
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Corvette & Jeep Commander

If you Google Big Motoring World this is the first non Big Motoring World thread about Big Motoring World that comes up and there is another forum asking about Big Motoring World the Z4-forum and there are some more horror stories about Big Motoring World and the rude Big Motoring World salesman who don't seem to offer the service you would expect of a BMW showroom.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 04:54 AM   #354
Oil Burner
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 330d SE Auto

haha good to see this thread still going strong, am back out in the heat of the middle east again, and as always reading this thread still makes me roll around with laughter.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #355
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Just found this Big Motoring World review thread by mistake, but I'll certainly never buy from Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #356
M-sport-Piper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320D Sport

these people are a bunch off twats!!!!!!!!, ive been there before and had the same thing of having to sort out a deal and making a 500 deposit before having a test drive of the vehicle, all there cars look like they've been damaged and i counted 13 E46's with no drivers airbags in them so that must say it all?????. with a reply to one of the first coupe of posts that was on this thread about how good they are and them having a site in teynham,sittingbourne,kent the reason for them not being there anymore is because they got done for clocking cars and the owner was put in prison for it, so that shows you how good they really are. i would never buy a car from them!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #357
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

lol i just noticed the thread tags.. still need to have a meet down there for the giggles
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #358
Big Motoring World
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

Big Motoring World

This will be my 1st post on this website, and my only post. After writing this I shall be deleting my registration as I see no need to spend my time on here. My name is James mackie and I am the sales manager at Big Motoring World. I have been with the company just coming up to 9 years, and feel that I owe my following message to the company, and every single customer we have served in this period.

On the 14th July 2010, Big Motoring World was voted the "BEST INDEPENDANT CAR DEALERSHIP" in the country. This commendation was awarded by the "Motor Trader industry", a well known multi million pound company that produces awards for companies that are exceeding above all others. These awards are voted for by the ENTIRE motor trade and sponsored by the likes of the "AUTOTRADER", "CASTROL", "HPI", "NIG" and many many more.

I would like to personally thank each of the 200 customers that purchase vehicles from Big motoring World every month and hope that as a company we can strive to offer you the best service we can and will continue to do so. For the people that have nothing better in life than to sit on this forum and write bad things about a company that is clearly recognised for its excelllence, I would like to show you this award, and can only hope that one day, in your sorry, sad lifes, you will understand that your silly attempts to degrade our company clearly do not work. For someone to sit and write things from a biased perspective is very simple to do and if there is nothing else in life that inspires you more than doing this, I truly feel sorry for you. There is a big wide world out there, but you choose to hide away behind your curtains and tap slurs into a computer. I would invite anyone that has had any bad experience with my company to come in and talk to me personally as I would love the opportunity to meet and try my very best to show you that we are not the horrible people that you portray us to be. If you choose to continue in slating Big Motoring World on this website, I will presume that you are no more than a pathetic excuse for a person. Either that or possibly a competitor that is too ashamed to admit that we are outdoing them in every aspect of the business. We have not been affected by this forum as we have sold close to 2000 vehicle's within the last year. And for the small minority that have a chip on their shoulder because they believe Big Motoring World set out to rob and steal from people their hard earned money.....................this award is for you. It is now 100% official that Big Motoring World is "The Best Independant Car Dealership" within the country and I hope that anyone that may read your posts will come to the conclusion that you are nothing but hermits.

I truly hope that anyone that is thinking of buying a used BMW will come to us and form their own opinion of us, and I will do everything in my power to make sure your experience with us as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #359
ahmurray
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i

Just a quick note to let you all know that thanks to this forum I saved myself a wasted visit to Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4.

I'd called them up and was planning to go and take a look, but spotted this post just in time. Took my £29k budget to a main dealer instead and am very glad I did.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #360
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmurray View Post
Just a quick note to let you all know that thanks to this forum I saved myself a wasted visit to Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4.

I'd called them up and was planning to go and take a look, but spotted this post just in time. Took my £29k budget to a main dealer instead and am very glad I did.

07-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #361
E92BSM10
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-Sport Highline

ha this thread is still going!!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #362
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

I'm glad it is, if not then people like ahmurray (above) might not have been saved from the perils of Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 12:46 PM   #363
NickP
Detailing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

I'm glad I went to a main dealer and bought an AUC, rather than going to Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #364
philreid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

I hope everyone who likes BMWs and who ever considered Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 visits this thread.

Let's keep it going!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #365
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
lol...glad to see that this thread is still in business!...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #366
4usedbmw
managing director
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleybaker View Post
well i havent been to big motoring world due to some of the post on here so i stayed clear!! but what i can say is i did go to 4front in eltham or 4used bmw which they also call themselves and surley big motoring world cant be as bad as that place??? it as advertised about 150 odd cars so me and the wife went down to choose our new family x5 and to my surprise it was the smallest tin pot garage iv seen!!! it had proberley 30 bmws none of the x5 id see advertised on his website www.4front.co.uk, none of the cars was actually there i was interested in even though id had called them a day before coming down and spoke to them on several occastions, so why advertise them?? the saleman well what a joker he was a total waste of time feeding us both bull, then when asking for the manager some man i think called gary appeared from a porter cabin lol and was unhelpful and looked like a total state! there so called "garage" was more like a car lot less the coloured bunting and balloons so we ended up walking away with nothing all the bmws they did have were expensive and not in that good a nick to be truthful, so maybe this garage should go google number 2, (check them out) cause iv seen the cars and its a total waste of time unless you wanna buy a over expensive shoddy looking bmw outside and inside with high miles then that 4front is the place to go.......TERRIBLE!!!!!! still no X5 where can i go people???

Bradley Baker is trying to tarnish our business. We would welcome his/her comments regarding the post below. We are more than willing to produce the correspondence referring to the trading standards removal of 184 cars from Bradley’s previous employer.

Unscrupulous

Misleaders

Cars offered for sale that don't exist or are so cheap they cant possibly be true?

What you might rightly consider to be false advertising is unfortunately just one of the ways a desperate or unscrupulous motor dealer will attempt to get you to come to their car site or dealership. It’s all about getting the potential customer to the site. The manager or owner of the company may tell his employees to get the potential customer to the site by whatever means possible as once on site you have more chance of selling something (bums on seats, duck on the pond, lamb to the slaughter etc etc). Misleaders or ghost cars are the usual method.

Once on site you could be told “sorry sold it last night” or “my colleague just sold it and its gone out” etc etc “as you are here why don't you take a look around and see if we have another car to interest you and I will see if we can do a special deal, just for you as you have come so far” sound familiar!

The general public on average buys a car every 3 to 4 years so their experience of car sales people and current methods is usually non-existent. The desperate car dealer knows this and just wants the opportunity to get your money. They aren’t really bothered about repeat business and are usually short sighted enough to not be bothered about bad press or upsetting the customer. Probably thinking that, that customer wouldn't have bought a car anyway.

Stereotypical sales people exist throughout the industry and it is usually only when there is a problem with a car purchased and you get no help that you realize you have been ripped off. Some people even expect it and put it down to experience, leaving the dodgy dealer saying how sorry he is whilst rubbing his hands together and smiling down the phone. We recognize these problems within our sector of the motor trade and we are leasing with trading standards on a regular basis to express our dismay and stop the unethical practice of misleading advertising. We recently helped remove 184 misleading used BMW vehicles advertised by a large independent dealer with the help of the trading standards and the advertiser Autotrader. However, this is still an ongoing problem that we are determined to put a stop to.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #367
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Your post would be a lot nicer to read IF YOU STOPPED SHOUTING!!!.

Why all the upper-case?
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #368
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
I was looking for an E60 M5 and Big Motoring World had 3 on their website... I was tempted to go have a look, but having first hand knowledge of their "sales" staff... I decided to not waste my time and went to Tunbridge Wells BMW.

Now very happy with my purchase and hope this thread helps others to avoid being mislead.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #369
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List

08-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #370
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Your post would be a lot nicer to read IF YOU STOPPED SHOUTING!!!.

Why all the upper-case?
Edited
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #371
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post

Now how is that possible ?!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #372
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

compasionate award me thinks
      08-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #373
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Back hander?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 09:09 AM   #374
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Paid a printer to write that shite more like.
Appreciate 0