E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > bmw 335xi 2009 trouble driving in snow

01-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #45
bluefly
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i + NB miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 View Post
Hmm when I hit the DTC button it's says Dynamic Traction Control Activated, Dynamic Stability Control Limited. ?? Lol
Yeah I mangled that one pretty badly... Since I use DTC so often I should no better lol.

You are absolutely right DTC is turned on with the button press (just like iDrive message confirms). Makes sense as it is a submode of DSC and allows much more wheelspin and yaw angles before intervention.

"DTC is the good guy, one of us!"
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #46
psre08
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 & 330Ci E46

I just use cheap Chinese Nankangs on both my E90 330i and my E46 330Ci for the winter... they work like a charm, never had any traction problems with them. As long as when it's slippery you disengage DTC (ASC for the E46), it's all good.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #47
hfxbimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

sorry correction to my post earlier...I bought General Altimax. They are amazing in the snow...we got hit hard here a few times this year and it's been great driving with an xi and those tires. Pretty good price on them too!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #48
bmwcoupeftw
Private
Rep
Drives: 730d, X5 30d

I havent read all the posts in this thread.
But i have do say, am impressed by the little knowledge Americans have with Tires.
All season tires are just a shit load of crap. I would defently recommend Continental winer tires, and nokian tires. Both of them are superb, the continentals are a little soft tho, so when driving at high speeds, it does feel like ur really sailing :P
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #49
cb4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwcoupeftw View Post
But i have do say, am impressed by the little knowledge Americans have with Tires.
All season tires are just a shit load of crap. I would defently recommend Continental winer tires, and nokian tires. Both of them are superb, the continentals are a little soft tho, so when driving at high speeds, it does feel like ur really sailing :P
Many Americans do not have to deal with the winter season. But I do agree there is a surprising amount of ignorance from those of us who do live in winter climates in this country.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #50
larelol
Finland
Rep
Drives: 335xi E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwcoupeftw View Post
+1 was just about to write the same. The discussion in this thread and others similar is comparable to little children here in Scandinavia. No personal offense meant.

You should check out some winter 4-wheel drift videos from Youtube which give an idea of normal driving in Finland, where I come from, during winter times

Some winter feeling from central Stockholm. And goes without saying that whole city works normal and roads are plowed etc. Just parking gets more difficult, but that's why you have the x-Drive
Appreciate 0