E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > my sub bass solution

01-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #45
Lee Rambler
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335 6mt, 04 e53 x5 4.4

and your code changes are going to stick when anything else gets changed on the car? ie a sunroof module, a window module, blutooth - anything? that's my concern with autologic after talking to my dealer. and they were definitely not trying to talk me into it - I spoke with the bmw master certified tech, and it sounded like it was going to be a pain for him to do. He said they have done the tpms VO change before, though not on e9x. I searched on autologic's website, and it looks like there is one dealer for all of eastern pa. and by the area code it's a hour and a half drive. I'd hate to have to do that every time something on the vehicel needs replaced/recoded....that's my concern.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #46
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Rambler View Post
and your code changes are going to stick when anything else gets changed on the car? ie a sunroof module, a window module, blutooth - anything? that's my concern with autologic after talking to my dealer. and they were definitely not trying to talk me into it - I spoke with the bmw master certified tech, and it sounded like it was going to be a pain for him to do. He said they have done the tpms VO change before, though not on e9x. I searched on autologic's website, and it looks like there is one dealer for all of eastern pa. and by the area code it's a hour and a half drive. I'd hate to have to do that every time something on the vehicel needs replaced/recoded....that's my concern.
The issue with the VO (list of all the options with P/N) and doing anything that is not stated in that VO is that any time you hook up ISTA/P to your car it will know that you did something not listed in that VO, and it will abort whatever was supposed to be coded until that discrepancy/error is resolved/cleared.

My solution is to keep my old iDrive parts handy so when I go to the dealer I put them back and my car is back to VO stock, then any programming will be done without any issues.

In your case, I don't see any issue as you are not changing the VO or any actual part/module. You are changing the outputs of a P/N that it is already in that VO. So as long as that VO keeps "thinking" that you have Top HiFi and the P/N checks out then your programming will not abort. Now, if part of that programming is updating your OEM HU software then most probably the update will override the custom HiFi outputs configuration as the VO is saying that it is Top HiFi.

That's the reason I suspect that your dealer does not know what actually they are capable of doing, because AFAIK ISTA/P does not have the capability to code modules by selecting them individually, as in "go only to the OEM HU and do this without checking for other modules" kind of thing. It will program individual modules after checking all other modules for updates, but it cannot code a particular module with custom settings.

That's the main difference from Autologic... this tool behaves exactly like ISTA/P if you want it to. But if you decide to do custom coding then you select an "Override" option and there you go to any specific module and do your thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #47
Lee Rambler
Captain
United_States
Rep

thanks for the info technic, I think I'll avoid the dealer trying it. I have an inquiry to the regional autologic rep to try to find a local shop with the programmer. pretty please overall after adjusting polarity on some drivers (and putting 2 sets of the mb quart rua213's in) with the overall sound, but if I can find someone local to change the programming, why not take what oem eq is there (see my rta post on the outputs, crossover is 120ish and there isn't TOO much eq - also not volume dependent) out...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #48
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

So did this get sorted?

BTW, my BBY doesn't have that connector and it's not in their system, so i ordered 6 of them...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 06:17 AM   #49
Lee Rambler
Captain
United_States
Rep

the local autologic dealer thinks they can do it now, after I forwarded the message Andrew from Autologic posted in another thread. I just got back from Vermont skiing, so I haven't been able to get the car in to them yet. I hope to this week. I fairly confident they can now that they have the update and know where to go in the software. Pretty pleased with the sound already even without the recoded, put a bitone in and alot of the issues I had were involved in the line level adaptors that I had been using. I still think there will be improvement though. I'll post my thoughts once I get it done.
Appreciate 0