E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > I drove a Mazdaspeed3 yesterday.

03-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

I drove a Mazdaspeed3 yesterday.

I drove a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 and I retracted my previous statement regarding the clutch and garbage ergos... however though I feel it has good power I am not a fan of the powerband at all. In 2nd for example it would pull until about 6,000 RPM and then straight up DIE off and come back in third. Almost 2,000 RPMS of garbage power in an important gear turned me off big time. I was impressed with the traction however, in stock form at least. 2nd gear pull in the wet I expected to be all over but only a smidge of spin and then back to grabby. Overall a good car for some, just nothing I would buy.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Was there torque steer? I absolutely cant stand that! I drove a MINI S without traction/LSD and it was scary to punch it, ESPECIALLY while turning.

Last edited by BForbes; 03-12-2009 at 12:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

BForbes, since you've driven a mini S, how is the overall driving experience anyways???
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
BForbes, since you've driven a mini S, how is the overall driving experience anyways???
I've driven plenty of FWD cars and its the best feeling/handling I've come across for street use. The car feels so damn solid, especially one the highway. Yea, the interior styling tries to be over stylish but you get over it. That turbo motor pulls so nicely. I'd swear its faster than my s2000 at times. Whats bitchin is the mpg man. I dogged the hell out of that car the whole week I had it and still got 27-28mpg. Getting the 34mpg highway out of the car shouldnt be hard at all. I nicely equipped Cooper can be had for about 25-26k new. I would never pay 30k for one though.
      03-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Nice write up, where did you drive two completely different cars in a day?

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

It's easy, two sep dealerships and a desire to fill gaps in what I have driven. The ms3 didn't have a ton of torque steer but the powerband was spotty and inconsistant. I'd trade predictable with torque steer over the dive in power anyday. The best fwd car in regards to power and power delivery I have driven til this day remains the srt-4. 2400rpm til redline it pulled like a pissed off clydesdale ok strike at budweiser
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 02:07 AM   #7
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

are you serious? why would you waste the sales person's time? Especially in this economy where any real potential sale is important. You could have lost that sales person money because you wanted to play.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

No actually I just saved my self money because I confirmed it was not something I would buy present or future. He faces me the keys and said have fun, I got back and handed me his card said let me know. Don't come on my thread bla blaing about the economy
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
My friend is a track junkie and loves his MS3. His previous car was an S2000 (before he crashed it) and he had an FD RX-7 before that.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
No actually I just saved my self money because I confirmed it was not something I would buy present or future. He faces me the keys and said have fun, I got back and handed me his card said let me know. Don't come on my thread bla blaing about the economy
it sounds like you've done it with many cars before. And from the multiple threads you have started lately, you've been to a couple of dealerships this week. Sounds like you wasted a lot of people's time. You had no intentions of buying, yet you still wanted to test drive. You joy rided, not test drove.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
it sounds like you've done it with many cars before. And from the multiple threads you have started lately, you've been to a couple of dealerships this week. Sounds like you wasted a lot of people's time. You had no intentions of buying, yet you still wanted to test drive. You joy rided, not test drove.
You bitch more than a jersey shore girl on the rag and you think you can read minds too. Just stay off my threads, you've wasted enough of my time.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You bitch more than a jersey shore girl on the rag and you think you can read minds too. Just stay off my threads, you've wasted enough of my time.
And you haven't wasted sales people's time? What, is your time more important then anyone else's? You start all these threads about test driving cars that you can't afford. Heck, a couple of weeks ago you started a thread about wanting a car for under $2,000, and you go out and test drive a C63 AMG? Some guy could have walked into the dealership while you were wasting that sales person's time and he could have sold that guy a $100k car. But no, he had to let some dude test drive a car he had absolutely no intentions of buying.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
Bimmer007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
And you haven't wasted sales people's time? What, is your time more important then anyone else's? You start all these threads about test driving cars that you can't afford. Heck, a couple of weeks ago you started a thread about wanting a car for under $2,000, and you go out and test drive a C63 AMG? Some guy could have walked into the dealership while you were wasting that sales person's time and he could have sold that guy a $100k car. But no, he had to let some dude test drive a car he had absolutely no intentions of buying.
agreed
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #14
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I don't need to explain my self to you. But I will. Just because I am not in the market for a car at the moment, doesn't mean I will be. Assumptions by you put the ASS in bold when it comes from you. You don't know anything about my life, or my situation... you SURE as hell don't know enough to justify your claims. For all you know I could have a freaking trust fund larger in value then your entire net worth that I am waiting on, but because I did not advertise my entire life story it's ok for you to assume I am wasting peoples time? Because it is written down some where that you are not supposed to test drive a car to see if you like it or not until you are 100% ready to buy?

Now for the last fucking time. Stay the fuck off my threads, or did you want a MEDAL for your OPINION?!

Don't answer that, you are now on IGNORE. If you see I have posted the thread, do not click it. While everyone else is having a discussion on the CAR, because this is a CAR thread you decide you want to collect tiny pieces of information and glue together an extremely inaccurate statement about how someone wasted some ones time? Don't reply to this, I won't be able to see it. So go kick rocks.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't need to explain my self to you. But I will. Just because I am not in the market for a car at the moment, doesn't mean I will be. Assumptions by you put the ASS in bold when it comes from you. You don't know anything about my life, or my situation... you SURE as hell don't know enough to justify your claims. For all you know I could have a freaking trust fund larger in value then your entire net worth that I am waiting on, but because I did not advertise my entire life story it's ok for you to assume I am wasting peoples time? Because it is written down some where that you are not supposed to test drive a car to see if you like it or not until you are 100% ready to buy?

Now for the last fucking time. Stay the fuck off my threads, or did you want a MEDAL for your OPINION?!

Don't answer that, you are now on IGNORE. If you see I have posted the thread, do not click it. While everyone else is having a discussion on the CAR, because this is a CAR thread you decide you want to collect tiny pieces of information and glue together an extremely inaccurate statement about how someone wasted some ones time? Don't reply to this, I won't be able to see it. So go kick rocks.
ok, then everyone else can read what I am about to write.

You HAVE put so much information about yourself on this website, so don't give me that BS about my claims being unfounded. I remember you started a thread about wanting to go home for the holidays, but you did not have any money or transportation to do so. You then start all of these threads asking about what jobs are easy but still pay a lot. Let's not even get started about the threads about what majors will help you get a job that pays a lot but are easy. Finally, as I stated before, you start a thread about wanting to get a car for under $2k. That is a far cry from the almost $90k worth of cars that you test drove recently. So to say that you don't advertise yourself on here is a flat out lie.

I used to work at a BMW dealership. I have taken so many jerkoffs on test drives who just wanted to play. I had more important things that had to be done, real work, but I was stuck in a car with a person who wanted to know what an M3 or a 335 was like to drive because they thought it would be fun. Absolutely no consideration for my time or any other person's time who worked at the dealership. If you ask any sales person about people who come in and just want to drive the cars, they will say that they hate when people do it. Sales people are commissioned workers, so the time that they have at work needs to be as productive as possible. What you did took away from his productivity and could have potentially cost him a good commission. I'm not even going to respond to your elementary school level response of "it's not against the law". You are more mature then that, or at least pretend.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer007 View Post
agreed
you know, I bet this guy has to go to dealerships that aren't within a 50 mile radius because they already know he is a stroke.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #17
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Quote:
are you serious? why would you waste the sales person's time? Especially in this economy where any real potential sale is important. You could have lost that sales person money because you wanted to play.
lol i hope you're joking
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #18
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post
lol i hope you're joking
He has a point. I hate wasting peoples time like that. Especially in an industry where lay-offs are on the rise.
      03-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #19
Bimmer007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars

Appreciate 0