E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > e90 335i 07 - Mod Help/Opinions

05-14-2016, 02:33 AM   #1
samuelmccarthy13
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e90 2007 Sedan

Lightbulb e90 335i 07 - Mod Help/Opinions

Hi Guys,

Just starting out in the mod world and looking from some advice, i'm located in Sydney which makes ordering any decent parts from the US a complete hassle with postage/exchange rate.

I just ordered the JB4 and the Dual Cone Intake from BurgerTuning and am waiting for that to come in, but im looking at my next tune(s) and wondering what I should do. I've been tossing up a few options, catless DPs, FMIC, Catback Exhaust and cant decide.

Which do you think is the best catless DP's? Only decent ones i've managed to find are either the VRSF 3" catless DP's shown here -->

http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-3-stain...-bmw-135i.html

other options included the the BMR AutoWerkes 3" which are convenient because they are located here in Sydney but haven't been able to find any reviews on them. Little more expensive but once you take into account exchange rate/postage from the US (which is $108USD from VRSF) they are much more similar -->

http://www.bmraw.com/bmr-3-n54-catle...npipes-ltd-ed/

In regards to the FMIC, again the only options I really weighed up was the VRSF 7" because I could send it with the Catless DP's and had read good reviews. -->

http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-7-front...2-e90-e92.html

Other option for the FMIC was a brand called GodSpeed, haven't heard a whole lot about them but can get it from a mate for a hell of a lot cheaper, (like $100). Is it really worth paying all that extra for a FMIC? Will I notice a difference?

And last was the exhaust, decided I want a catback exhaust but just really indecisive on which to go with. I really want a quad tip set up but havent been able to find one. Anyone have any idea where to look/buy?

Thanks in advance,
Sam
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 03:36 AM   #2
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92 6spd man

Vrsf is the cheapest reputable part supplier.
Buy the vrsf downpipes for sure.

If you can get Godspeed for 100 chuck it on, for now.

Save your cash the stock exhaust I good for 600+hp.

Perfect starter mod list
Vrsf dp
Vrsf intercooler
Low pressure fuel pump (Steve az or boost concepts)
Smart to get any chargepipe might as well get vrsf.
Get some oem side inlets RB.

That will get you high 400hp and break coils spark plugs and tyres
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 03:37 AM   #3
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92 6spd man

Im not sure why people are still buying jb4

Last edited by Brule; 05-14-2016 at 04:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2016, 03:46 AM   #4
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

I would've said don't worry about the JB4 until you're either running PI or meth. MHD flash-only is great until the point of needing one of those things. Even with a JB4, MHD back end flash is a must. Start with the free BMS MHD back end flash to get you started.

I like Wagner Tuning downpipes. They fit great, have flex sections and they're 2.75", which I think is the perfect size. 3" is unnecessarily big.

After lots of research, I went with the AMS FMIC. They have the best end tanks for smooth flow into and out of the core, and the size is just right (6" thick. Not too thin, not too thick.).

Exhaust won't gain you performance over a decatted stock system, but if you're after a different sound, I'd highly recommend looking at single 3.5" options. They generally sound excellent.

In terms of charge pipe, you can either run a 15-ish psi tune and see how the stock one goes (Mine is going strong after 2 years touch wood). I don't like ANY aftermarket N54 charge pipes as-is. I plan to get a CP-E/BMS one and weld a mounting tab onto it with a rubber mount to the factory charge pipe mounting thread. I like stock diverter valves best but there's plenty of debate out there about that LOL.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 03:55 AM   #5
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelmccarthy13 View Post
i'm located in Sydney which makes ordering any decent parts from the US a complete hassle with postage/exchange rate.
Hmmm. I'm in Hobart and I've bought everything on my car from overseas quickly, cheaply and hassle-free. Shipping times and costs are worse here than in Sydney. Hats off to those that support local though! Hopefully down the track when I'm a bit more financially set up, I'll be able to go local every time if they have what I need!
Appreciate 0