E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Airbag / SOS / Audio System Malfunction

06-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Airbag / SOS / Audio System Malfunction

Happened completely out of the blue, just like the Comfort Access / Remote Lock / Unlock failure last time. It seems like another fuse is blown some where in the electrical system....... I have not touched any part of the vehicle's electrical since it was fixed last time.

The sequence of events go like this:

I was about to go to lunch with some friends on the coast of ME. I drove up to meet them at around 8am. The drive up to ME was perfect, all the electrical system is working in sync and in harmony. About 2-3 hours later, as I was about to start driving. I notice the key was a little erratic. The CA system failed to work for a couple of minutes, but then it started right back up. I didn't think much about it. Next thing I knew, I got a warning light concerning the SOS system "SOS Call Malfunction". I called BMWAssist and everything is working fine. At this point, I noticed that my Bluetooth and Audio systems are not working. After that, the airbag warning light came on...... "Passenger Side Restraint System Malfunction". So, I canceled lunch, drove back down to MA.

Here I am, sitting at the dealer's service lounge again waiting for them to tell me what is wrong with the car. Just like last time, this is very, very bizzare, and I cannot think of anything that could have caused this problem.

Any ideas? I'm just sitting at the dealership waiting.....
      06-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
They say that there's problem with the digital tuner. I don't know what the heck it is. Can someone fill me in on what it is?