E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > People who treat your car like s***

10-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #45
code600
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

I had an ex girlfriend who would always put her feet on da dash with her dirty sneakers, always left dirt on dash. Told her not to do it cause it pisses me off. Well let's just say I got the speech about how you love your car more and my favorite "it's just a car". Ended up leaving da disrespectful b*t@$
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #46
SubzeroVR4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/F85 X5M

I don't let anyone ride in the BMW. My DD is an FX35 and I'm still skeptical about letting passengers in. But as someone said, people know I'm a car guy and extremely OCD about my vehicles. So I usually don't get anyone disrespecting my property in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
I have never liked to valet my car, but a few months ago I was at a restaurant that forces you to use their valet service. When we came out to get my car, I watched the valet driver rev the car, peel out, and narrowly miss the bumper of the car parked next to me (literally missed it by less than 2 inches). He then proceeded to come to a screeching halt in front of the valet waiting spot, jump out of the car and kick my door guard straight across the parking lot (the plastic strip thing flew under the car, and the clips went everywhere). He didn't even apologize. Just picked up the strip and handed it to me, and said, "Oops."

Needless to say, I held up traffic for the better part of 30 minutes while the valet company's manager drove out to the lot from several blocks away. They initially tried to have me take the car to "a guy they know" to fix it, but that was not going to happen. They got a nice, hefty bill from BMW collision, and I hope the douchebag driver got fired.

I would've snapped his neck right then and there.
'21 Civic Type R

Last edited by SubzeroVR4; 10-09-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #47
hussla101
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i SEDAN E90 LCI

Yeah.. I hear you bro !! I felt the same multiple times...Its harder if you have kids around...for them its just a ..."wuteva"
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #48
hussla101
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i SEDAN E90 LCI

wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubzeroVR4 View Post
I don't let anyone ride in the BMW. My DD is an FX35 and I'm still skeptical about letting passengers in. But as someone said, people know I'm a car guy and extremely OCD about my vehicles. So I usually don't get anyone disrespecting my property in the first place.

Sorry to hear about such retarded people...usually valet parking people expect high end luxury cars and are really careful about handling them but this felt so wierd ..anyways...they got served ...and yes as a bonus...if I was you I may have busted his jaw open LOL !! good luck man
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #49
KidSupreme
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 335i m sport

dude, tell me about it. I was going out with some friends the other night and i normally let me friends drink in the car... but one of them kept spilling and i told him to be carefull an he said 'Its your fault your car is so low and bumpy' so i got his cup and threw it out the window haha
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #50
ndog14
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubzeroVR4 View Post
Immediately after seeing that I would wait for him to come back and beat his ass.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #51
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSupreme View Post
dude, tell me about it. I was going out with some friends the other night and i normally let me friends drink in the car... but one of them kept spilling and i told him to be carefull an he said 'Its your fault your car is so low and bumpy' so i got his cup and threw it out the window haha
HAHAHAHAH
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #52
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSupreme
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #53
SyK0
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuba View Post
How about my roommate, I parked at an end spot in a parking garage against a cement wall. I tell everyone watch your door when you open it. He opens it much further than necessary and hits it against the wall. I was so mad at this point, chipped paint on the door now. Then he tops it off by saying "it's just a car".

Similar thing happened to me within 3 days of ownership that goes along the lines of, "it's only a car" theme. I was parked on the side of the street in my car, and I saw this woman with a stroller about 50 feet down slowly walking towards my car with a dog on the leash. I guess she thought I was going to move my car for her; I wasn't. Anyways, she decides to walk about 3 feet away from my drivers side door, practically pushing the dog to jump on my car, which he did. She casually pulled him off, and I jumped out of the car to look at the damage (luckily nothing permanent). I never said a word the entire time, and all she said was (in a really unapologetic tone), "Wow, it's only a beamer." That set me off; I was FUMING at this point. This bitch has no clue how hard I've worked to finally get this car and how much money I've saved. But, being Good Guy Ryan, I only replied in a calm tone, "Next time, please be more careful," and got back in my car.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #54
Taaaaaam
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i coupe

In my e92, I hate/dislike a few things:
-slamming of my doors or trunk or glove
-back passengers exiting by putting their weight on the window as they do
-I fear my front passenger's knees going up too high and snapping the extended cup holder
-people not using the handle on top of the seat to move it forward for rear passenger entry
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #55
jaadoogar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi M-Sport, 6MT

Agree with no food / drink policy.

Agree with setting the expectations early. This can be done nicely.

Kudos to those of you who take care of your possessions.
2011 BMW E90 335xi | Black Sapphire | Black Dakota | M-Sport | 6MT | European Delivery 5.24.11 E9x Picture Game: 29 points (Grandfather Clock, Natural Disaster, Anti Environment, Minivan Taxi, NFL Stadium Opening Day, Six Banana M, Campaign Sign, Steam Locomotive... EV Charging Station, Extreme Car Sizes, Birthday, Bridal Shop, Boardwalk, Car Insurance, Adjacent Handicap, Gloves, Fast Expensive)
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #56
xPETEZx
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Golf R

I must be lucky.
Not one person I have ever had in my car, has ever done anything like what you guys describe.
Only a couple of my friends are into cars, yet everyone respects each others property.
Never have problems with friends in my car, or see people treating other friends cars badly.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 05:01 AM   #57
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

I must be pretty blessed with my group of friends because besides minor accidents the only thing that irks me is how they would slam my doors. Yes, sometimes all 3 simultaneously (minus my own). Oh, now that I remember, I've already had someone snap the fragile "drop-down" part of the cup holder..

Last edited by jvsxn; 10-10-2012 at 05:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #58
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Munkey
I must be pretty blessed with my group of friends because besides minor accidents the only thing that irks me is how they would slam my doors. Yes, sometimes all 3 simultaneously (minus my own). Oh, now that I remember, I've already had someone snap the fragile "drop-down" part of the cup holder..
A lot of people slam my doors, too. It does bother me a bit but I'm sure they are not doing it on purpose. Rather, I think it's habit, as most cars have lighter doors than ours and most need to be closed with some force. On my husband's car (new Challenger) you have to close the doors HARD if you want them to catch the latch. Not everyone has the luxury of being used to our German engineering LOL

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #59
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazylegs View Post
2 step procedure

step 1: sac up

step 2: tell em to respect your property or they can find another way to get around.
This, if they want to ride in your car they treat it to your standards. If they dont, they drive. End of story.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #60
frowningdeity
nubbing it up
Monaco
Rep
Drives: coupe

i hate it, HATE it when people close the doors by pushing on the window glass instead of the door itself in my e92. i can just see the frameless window glass buckling and falling apart under the pressure.

it's only happened a couple of times, but man it's infuriating. use the handle, that's what it's for!
      10-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #61
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

If you guys think your stories are bad
I had to DD for my fraternity, and let me tell you, not a single shit was given by anyone that night

It started with either a lot of compliments or absolute hating on my car, girls loved it, guys talked trash about it to my face telling me there mustang is better bang for the buck and how their camaros look so much better...?

Then when it came to them getting in and out of the car, people climbing over seats, trying to light cigs in my car, leaning on my car and the doors or even holding on the glass getting in or out bending it to what seemed like would have snapped under pressure at any given second, spilling in my car, mud everywhere, broke the cup holders and the under glove department area, and someone even threw up a bit. Luckily everything that happened was reversible (new mats and detail)

Oh and heres the best part, after dropping a couple people off to get some food, we come back to see someone has clearly pissed on my door

So
I had the pleasure of driving the fat bitches home from the party that nobody invited and of course they stayed the latest because they like to drain the kegs all night and it feels like theres a competition to see how much more they can drink than the guys... anyways they demanded rides home as soon as they finished suckling the last drop of booze and as they walked up to my car

"like OMG y is ur car sooooo smallllll, ZOMG I cant fit in durrrr kjahsjdfasd!!!!!"

Why are you bitches so fat
      10-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #62
dav_e92
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i BSM

Easy solution if you don't want to confront somebody for closing the door by pushing on the windows? Roll down the windows whenever somebody needs to get off :P
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #63
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Eamon: you failed your Alpha male test. Do a real man takes shit like this?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #64
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
If you guys think your stories are bad
I had to DD for my fraternity, and let me tell you, not a single shit was given by anyone that night

It started with either a lot of compliments or absolute hating on my car, girls loved it, guys talked trash about it to my face telling me there mustang is better bang for the buck and how their camaros look so much better...?

Then when it came to them getting in and out of the car, people climbing over seats, trying to light cigs in my car, leaning on my car and the doors or even holding on the glass getting in or out bending it to what seemed like would have snapped under pressure at any given second, spilling in my car, mud everywhere, broke the cup holders and the under glove department area, and someone even threw up a bit. Luckily everything that happened was reversible (new mats and detail)

Oh and heres the best part, after dropping a couple people off to get some food, we come back to see someone has clearly pissed on my door

So
I had the pleasure of driving the fat bitches home from the party that nobody invited and of course they stayed the latest because they like to drain the kegs all night and it feels like theres a competition to see how much more they can drink than the guys... anyways they demanded rides home as soon as they finished suckling the last drop of booze and as they walked up to my car

"like OMG y is ur car sooooo smallllll, ZOMG I cant fit in durrrr kjahsjdfasd!!!!!"

Why are you bitches so fat
sounds like your "fraternity" didnt give a shit about YOU. lol

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #65
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
I dislike it when kids lean on my car acting like it's theirs. lol.
      10-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #66
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
Eamon: you failed your Alpha male test. Do a real man takes shit like this?
I'd rather my car get a little trashed than have people die that night, but I told them straight up the next day that I will never DD for them again.
I am alpha male

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
sounds like your "fraternity" didnt give a shit about YOU. lol
Pledging sucks bra