E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Tinting in Mississauga

08-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
its.showtime
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Tinting in Mississauga

Planning to tint my 335is and was wondering if you guys know any good places? I heard tint king in Etobicoke is good but looks a bit shady for my comfort. Doesn't exactly have to be in misssisaauga
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Bladerunner
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

I live in Sauga to but made the drive to Autolinks in the east end, worth it! Do a search!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

You want quality job done. Then spend little gas and head over to Auto Links.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
its.showtime
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about that place. What would you guys recommend, ceramic or regular tint. And what's the difference really? Is it worth spending the extra buck
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Nash335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

hit up east end for tints
Nash335 - 2010 335i e92 MSport 19" Style 225 BMW Performance Black Grills H&R Spacers Michelin PSS KW V2 Afe DCI + Scoops AR Design DP Active FMIC Active Custom CP Active BOV BMS OCC Spec Stage 3+ Aquamist HPS4 + Howerton 2 Cobb Custom PTF Tune 500 HP Club!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.showtime View Post
Planning to tint my 335is and was wondering if you guys know any good places? I heard tint king in Etobicoke is good but looks a bit shady for my comfort. Doesn't exactly have to be in misssisaauga
Tint king on queensway is great.
Times have changed.
They actually do all the Benz and BMW sent by dealers to there shop
New management there the old fart is gone
They have tinted over ten of my cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
Po_Boy
Rep
Drives: WTB E92

If you're willing to drive to Thornhill check out Audio Heaven. They did mine and a few of my friends and they do really good work.Their tint is also laser cut. I just received an email from them for a promo for $179.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

^ But that's the 'real' regular price he's been charging for the last few years.

I had mine tinted with Jeff about 4 yrs ago and it was at this price and a friend did one 2 yrs ago and again it's for the same price.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
PHR
phr
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

check out Boost Theory over in mississauga, They are new, but amazing!

http://www.facebook.com/BoostTheoryA...PerformanceInc
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
jonmaceng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

A lot of guys will recommend auto links, which is why I went there, but unfortunately my experience wasn't that good. I live in sauga, so the drive up there is pretty far, anyway I waited 2 weeks for an appointment, went there around 1pm and dropped off my car, guy said it should be around 3.5 hours, luckily my aunt lives around there so I had a place to hang out while the car was being worked on, called around 4 hours later, they told me it still wasn't done, and it should be ready in 30 min. called back an hour later, they said they are still working on it, went back to the shop around 6:30pm, I see my car, they are still putting on the tints, had to wait in their office for another 2 hours. Car wasn't done until about 8:30pm, seems they were working on other cars even though I made an appointment 2 weeks earlier. Kinda ridiculous, but I shrugged it off, they were busy. Owner didn't even offer me a discount for my trouble.

Finally get my car home, then noticed they didn't even put it back together properly, door seals weren't even attached on one side, and then I noticed a bubble in the back windshield tint that still hasn't gone away. Its 45min each way to the place, I don't have time to deal with these guys at this point.

I only went there cause I hear they were the best, but for $400+ I expected more.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
its.showtime
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmaceng
A lot of guys will recommend auto links, which is why I went there, but unfortunately my experience wasn't that good. I live in sauga, so the drive up there is pretty far, anyway I waited 2 weeks for an appointment, went there around 1pm and dropped off my car, guy said it should be around 3.5 hours, luckily my aunt lives around there so I had a place to hang out while the car was being worked on, called around 4 hours later, they told me it still wasn't done, and it should be ready in 30 min. called back an hour later, they said they are still working on it, went back to the shop around 6:30pm, I see my car, they are still putting on the tints, had to wait in their office for another 2 hours. Car wasn't done until about 8:30pm, seems they were working on other cars even though I made an appointment 2 weeks earlier. Kinda ridiculous, but I shrugged it off, they were busy. Owner didn't even offer me a discount for my trouble.

Finally get my car home, then noticed they didn't even put it back together properly, door seals weren't even attached on one side, and then I noticed a bubble in the back windshield tint that still hasn't gone away. Its 45min each way to the place, I don't have time to deal with these guys at this point.

I only went there cause I hear they were the best, but for $400+ I expected more.
Oh wow I have an appointment there tomorrow at 12. This just made me extremely nervous
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #12
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Wow that sux
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
Po_Boy
Rep
Drives: WTB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
^ But that's the 'real' regular price he's been charging for the last few years.

I had mine tinted with Jeff about 4 yrs ago and it was at this price and a friend did one 2 yrs ago and again it's for the same price.
LOL, yeah i got mine done for that price too and i always get the emails for that price. I always figured if you walked in and asked, you'd get that price
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #14
Auto-links
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmaceng View Post

Jonmaceng:

Hello my name is John Ng I am the owner of Auto-Links.

I am sorry that you are unhappy with your recent installation with us.

I would like to address your concerns Please:

- Regarding the wait: I do apologize. Unfortunately, as with any business that involves perfection, we do try to stay on schedule however DUE TO THE NATURE of our business and the attention to detail that we do put into the work we do fall behind schedule at time. My guys ALL HATE ME for this if something is not installed properly or a glass is installed not to our standards we rip it off and re-install. This is done MULTIPLE times on vehicles throughout the day. That is why we have tried to build the reputation that we have : The work we do is meticulous and speed is NOT a factor in our industry.
- The spot on your rear window is not a bubble. The defrost lines on the e92 are very thick I am very experienced with that rear window and are aware that this can be problematic. Since the lines are thicker (raised above the glass) some areas of the line may not want to contact with the film unless pressure is re-applied. That is why we normally recommend on that vehicle to come back after two weeks for a follow up inspection. This can easily be smoothed down in a matter of seconds. I am sure at the time of install me and my colleagues informed you that there is a 2 weeks drying period which is normal for window film and any concerns can and will be repaired or replaced immediately.
-Regarding the door trim: The window seal is removed for the installation of the film so that the tint does go below the seal to avoid any peeling concerns. The tabs that you have illustrated are pressure re-installed and often with the door being open and closed (looks like the driver door) the pressure can easily loosen the seal. It is easily re-installed with pressure on the seal into the door.
-At your convenience, as discussed following the installation, if there are any concerns we are here to stand behind our work. I understand you may be unhappy but please do not allow us to FINISH the job. As with many types of services, follow up visit may be required to complete the job 100% where we can hopefully reach your expectations.

Thank you -

John
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
its.showtime
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
I just got my 335is tinted at auto links and I think they did an amazing job. I will post a few pics of the tint in a few days when it's properly cured. The staff are very friendly and very professional.

I'm making another appointment soon to tint a few other cars and wrapping my chrome shadowline trim.

Highly recommend auto links to everyone in the gta
Appreciate 0