E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2010 Quebec & Ontario HPDE events

02-05-2010, 06:36 AM   #67
jgrigoros
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Cool... We never went to an event together. Make sure you get out of my way when I am fast approaching.
Ok Tony i will let you pass me
      02-05-2010, 06:54 AM   #68
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Cool... We never went to an event together. Make sure you get out of my way when I am fast approaching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrigoros View Post
Ok Tony i will let you pass me
Kids!

This is my point by, he he
      02-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #69
jgrigoros
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Kids!

This is my point by, he he
now now Keneth behave!!!!!!!
CRUSH tony first with that
      02-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #70
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

How not to instruct. Driver was at his first ever track day.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #71
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:

damn... that instructor is awful...

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #72
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Hard to believe the guy's first ever track day! Video could have been dubbed!
      02-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #73
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:

I dont get it. The guy actually drove pretty well. Perhaps it was the instructors first day.
      02-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #74
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Tony,

cheques sent for

Viper (May 14 Tremblant and Aug 6 Calabogie)

Remove me for Viper ICARS, Viper tremblant (Jul 2) and ASE (calabogie Jul 14)
      02-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #75
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Watkins Glen in June is fast approaching. We need to figure out who might be coming. As of now tentatives are Joel, Niqui and I. Any others? We will need to figure out lodging also.

This is from the Patroon BMW site.

Registration Opens: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:00A (Eastern time)

Come out and join the BMWCCA NY & Patroon Chapters at Watkins Glen International for 2 great days on the famous grand prix circuit June 14 & 15th, 2010!

We will be having our traditional student run groups & continue with our open track type format with a few changes to improve it. Instruction will be provided.
The Open Track type group provides--MAX Track time for Advanced Solo, Instructor Candidates and open Track Particpants. Up to 3-4 hrs of track time each day!
** References needed if you are not a regular Patroon or NY Particpant**

BMWCCA Entry Fee $395
Open Track Add $55

See you at the track!

As for references (for Niqui and I) I guess Henry at BMW Club Quebec... or Dieter and/or Chris at BMW Ottawa Club could give us a hand...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #76
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Watkins Glen in June is fast approaching. We need to figure out who might be coming. As of now tentatives are Joel, Niqui and I. Any others? We will need to figure out lodging also.

Come out and join the BMWCCA NY & Patroon Chapters at Watkins Glen International for 2 great days on the famous grand prix circuit June 14 & 15th, 2010!

We will be having our traditional student run groups & continue with our open track type format with a few changes to improve it. Instruction will be provided.
The Open Track type group provides--MAX Track time for Advanced Solo, Instructor Candidates and open Track Particpants. Up to 3-4 hrs of track time each day!

BMWCCA Entry Fee $395
Open Track Add $55

See you at the track!

As for references (for Niqui and I) I guess Henry at BMW Club Quebec... or Dieter and/or Chris at BMW Ottawa Club could give us a hand...
This is so tempting (cheap) but oh! 6 hours away arrrrrrgh!
      02-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #77
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
This is so tempting (cheap) but oh! 6 hours away arrrrrrgh!
You gotta do it!
      02-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #78
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:

BMWCCA Entry Fee $395
Open Track Add $55

See you at the track!

Cher Antonio, care to contact Henry? I would like to confirm for the 14 and 15th. The price + open track time will hit the spot.
      02-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #79
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
You gotta do it!
I know, maybe next year
      02-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #80
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:

BMWCCA Entry Fee $395
Open Track Add $55

See you at the track!

urgh.. june 14 and 15 is a monday and tuesday! gotta take days off again!

and whats with this reference business ? you need references to attend driving school?

i am interested but they sound pretty anal. so we get two track days ? how many hours of track time ? if i do this event, i prob wont go to the tremblant or calabogie event anymore. only want to do one event that requires over night stays. otherwise the costs add up quickly.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #81
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post

and whats with this reference business ? you need references to attend driving school?

i am interested but they sound pretty anal. so we get two track days ? how many hours of track time ? if i do this event, i prob wont go to the tremblant or calabogie event anymore. only want to do one event that requires over night stays. otherwise the costs add up quickly.
Viperclub/Bimmershop also needs references... so they are not the exception... I think to have a good event that has open lapping included, at a major venue, you don't want to find yourself with a bunch of hooligans that are dangerous and not respectful of others.

The post clearly states "up to 3-4 hours track time per day"... but I will contact them to clarify what the typical schedule should look like.

And now you talk of cost??? geez... the best mod for you and your car is education / HPDE. + if you follow in Master Joel footsteps, you just need to keep collecting the soda pop cans and bottles.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #82
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Cher Antonio, care to contact Henry? I would like to confirm for the 14 and 15th. The price + open track time will hit the spot.
I will contact whomever needs contacting... Oh and check your PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #83
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Viperclub/Bimmershop also needs references... so they are not the exception... I think to have a good event that has open lapping included, at a major venue, you don't want to find yourself with a bunch of hooligans that are dangerous and not respectful of others.

The post clearly states "up to 3-4 hours track time per day"... but I will contact them to clarify what the typical schedule should look like.

And now you talk of cost??? geez... the best mod for you and your car is education / HPDE. + if you follow in Master Joel footsteps, you just need to keep collecting the soda pop cans and bottles.
so this is a HPDE with instruction right? hence i dont get why they need references. its a driving school, meaning instructors are with you. with viperclub its a lapping day. so its different because no instructor to control the drivers.

now i am confused. is it a HPDE or a lapping day?

and whats that extra cost for 'open track'? whats that? i guess i am not eligible for that cos i am a beginner?

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #84
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
so this is a HPDE with instruction right? hence i dont get why they need references. its a driving school, meaning instructors are with you. with viperclub its a lapping day. so its different because no instructor to control the drivers.

now i am confused. is it a HPDE or a lapping day?

and whats that extra cost for 'open track'? whats that? i guess i am not eligible for that cos i am a beginner?
Whatever is in blue is there for you to read... I don't have any more info as of now... hopefully more info will arrive. It seems to be a dual purpose event. HPDE only or HPDE with open track... When I get the info, I'll post it up.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #85
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Whatever is in blue is there for you to read... I don't have any more info as of now... hopefully more info will arrive. It seems to be a dual purpose event. HPDE only or HPDE with open track... When I get the info, I'll post it up.
Interesting concept, but I think the open track would be reserved for advanced drivers who have often driven solo (signed off). Unlikely they'll let beginner (or intermediate) drivers loose. This is a BMWCCA event after all. But then I may be wrong.....
      02-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #86
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I like the idea of by reference only. Will increase the likelihood of quality personalities that attend. I've seen some pretty interesting ICAR lapping nights results when they let every Jean, Bruno and Hugo attend.

In all honesty I think Calabogie is the better and more exhilarating track but WG is definitely up there and a must attend track here in the North East. I would forgo Tremblant for WG and CMP.

I normally do single day events at LCMT and CMP. A bit of schlep but no biggie. Did CMP 4 times last year with only one overight stay.

If we get half and half HPDE and lapping I'll be happy. I need some trainer time to get me over the next hump.

I just need a CAR!!!!
      02-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #87
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

More info for June 14th and 15th at Watkins Glen

same format as other BMWCC schools.
4 run-groups : Novice, Intermediate, Experienced and Advanced
4 to 5 sessions of 20-25 minutes per day (2 days)
+ classroom

Now the open-track at 55$ extra will let you drive with the Instructors group (Advanced)

From the email I got:

In addition for a select number of highly advanced students, we have our "open track format" For these highly advanced drivers ( driving at instructor level for the most part), they run with the instructor group and have considerable track time available --(up to 2.5 -3 hrs per day) --HOWEVER these spaces are limited.

So that rules out most of us. References needed for the open-track only. No references needed for the regular school.

Our membership to a canadian club will be accepted so the fees would be 395 US$ for the school. It's a very good price IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #88
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
More info for June 14th and 15th at Watkins Glen

same format as other BMWCC schools.
4 run-groups : Novice, Intermediate, Experienced and Advanced
4 to 5 sessions of 20-25 minutes per day (2 days)
+ classroom

Now the open-track at 55$ extra will let you drive with the Instructors group (Advanced)

From the email I got:

In addition for a select number of highly advanced students, we have our "open track format" For these highly advanced drivers ( driving at instructor level for the most part), they run with the instructor group and have considerable track time available --(up to 2.5 -3 hrs per day) --HOWEVER these spaces are limited.

So that rules out most of us. References needed for the open-track only. No references needed for the regular school.

Our membership to a canadian club will be accepted so the fees would be 395 US$ for the school. It's a very good price IMO.
Price is "ok" relative to track time which would be roughly 1.6 hrs per day. It is the distance that is the killer! So, I just decided I will go there when I become advanced, which would make it more worth it for the trip (for moi).