E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Just had my heart ripped out...

03-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #111
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cayman S / Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Lol nah, I'll call my friend and see if she wants to go up to her bar tomorrow night. It's been a rough two weeks.
      03-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #112
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Sorry, I must have missed this when it was first posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
Ooooooooh! All of a sudden this makes sense. Who am I to be arguing relationships and dating with a 20 yr old? Haha, sorry bro. I may have thought different a couple years into college too, but now that I'm in my mid twenties my perception on things have definitely changed. The dating game is brutal, and I'm sure you'll find that out in the next 5 years.

I'm not understanding what my age has to do with whether or not I think it's right or wrong to date more than one person at a time. Obviously the responses are very opinionated and I'm just trying to explain the reasoning behind my preference.

So she should have said she was dating other people if the guy asked directly. But if he said something like "Are you single?" and she said "yes" then she never lied. Also many folks won't think of their ex's as someone they're 'dating'. Sure, maybe they see their ex from time to time, but they figure it's nothing serious and they'd drop the ex at any time if they started a relationship since they're always "so over" the ex. Lying is not cool but things are how they are. Again, people misunderstanding and people lying are two different things, which is why you need to be very clear and have a conversation about being exclusive, otherwise you're not.

And how would it throw up red flags when you're on a date and find out they're dating others. It's just the way life is, and when you get into your mid-older twenties you'll understand the hot girls are ALWAYS dating someone, you're just trying to be the one guy who catches her.

Yes, if the guy asks if she's single and says yes, she never lied.

Be a little more specific with "seeing an ex from time to time" If you mean like going out for coffee to catch up after a few months, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But if that person is going to see their ex for a little booty, I think that's wrong. An ex should be nothing more than that, an ex.

About people misunderstanding and people lying, they are two very different thing. That's why communication is huge in any friendship, relationship, etc.

As you age, your perceptions change and you've already gone through enough dating (while at your age) to understand and recognize little things that will become problems later. You won't find those little things on the 1st or 2nd date, people are good at covering them up. You find those on the 4th or 5th date when they start to really loosen up and be themselves. When you get older, you don't want to spend 6 months dating someone you have no long-term chance with. You take longer to set up a relationship so that IF you find someone worth being exclusive for it will be worth it.

If I were to jump into a relationship with any girl I had a good time with the first two dates, I'd have a girlfriend pretty much always. I remain single for a couple reasons: 1) I don't want to have to break up a relationship when I find out in two months that she annoys me. 2) If I'm exclusive after a 2nd date, what if I find someone amazing a couple weeks later. Then I physically CAN'T take her out because I'm exclusive with the annoying girl

This is simply an age difference thing.

I'm not saying to jump into a relationship with someone after 1 or 2 dates. All I was simply trying to say is date one girl at a time. It takes a long time to get to know if you want to commit to a certain person. Take your time and get to know them. After a number of dates you should be able to tell if you want to be in a relationship or not.
Age could be a factor here but I seem to have a different view than some of the other people on here.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #113
Mighty M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Bang the shit out of her. Make her crawl back for more. Its a combination of both making her feel great about her self while reaping all the benefits of a shy girl who now has the confidence to get wild. You need to culture and grow their inner freak. Its an art.
Dear god someone else has figured this out.