E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > Dodgy panel beaters

09-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Bmwe90sg
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Dodgy panel beaters

hi guys. i got rear ended very slightly but needed a new rear bumper, boot, spoiler, tail lights etc. now the Fu%^ing panel shop didn't put any covers on my seat while at the panel shop and put the car parts (diffuser, spoiler etc) in the rear seat. now I've just noticed a big graze about 20 cm long on the side of the passenger seat. now i am a detailer and take care of my car like crazy. i just did a leatherique treatment on them and then this.

What do i do about this?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Surely you ask them to replace the leather.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Bmwe90sg
Banned
Rep

replace? or repair? do i go through them or through allianz?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwe90sg View Post
replace? or repair? do i go through them or through allianz?
call and speak to the owner of the shop first advise what's happened. if you get no where then speak to Allianz... thing is though, once its out of the shop they might try the old 'nah no way it left like that'. be firm, good luck
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Bmwe90sg
Banned
Rep

I have photos before it went to the shop. Like 2 days before. It's perfect. I've had the car back for 1.5 week and realized now cause I'm single an never sit in the back. I dropped by at the panel shop while it was being fixed and they had no covers on the seats and crap.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

damn that sucks, I cant stand negligence and poor workmanship!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

demand a new car!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

I would talk to the insurance company about this. Dodgy panel beaters will probably just give you the run around and could damage your car even more.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
Bmwe90sg
Banned
Rep

i spoke to the insurance company. The guy asked for some photos of the damage. he said they will probably deny itt but coincidentally i had taken photos before it went to the panel beaters. I got quoted 300-400 to fix !!!!!!! OMG i can't afford to pay that for a damn scratch that could've been avoided with aa FREAKING plastic bag. what do i tell them? do i take to fair trading?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
i spoke to the insurance company. The guy asked for some photos of the damage. he said they will probably deny itt but coincidentally i had taken photos before it went to the panel beaters. I got quoted 300-400 to fix !!!!!!! OMG i can't afford to pay that for a damn scratch that could've been avoided with aa FREAKING plastic bag. what do i tell them? do i take to fair trading?
have you spoken to the owner of the business yet? if so what did they say?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Panza
Metal Head
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Seconded.
Less freaking out, more talking to the correct people.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
Bmwe90sg
Banned
Rep

hey guys. so heres some more news. After speaking to the insurance company a few times, the accessor decided to come to my house and check the car out. 2 Allianz guys came and examined the leather which was grazed and more problems we had seen over a 4 week period ( four straight dents in roof, grazed leather, clear coat peeling on quarter panel , clear coat running on trunk, sink back on trunk, clear coat peeling on top of shadow trim, etc etc etc plus they saw things i didn't even see or notice.

long story short company policy is to give the repairer the right to rectify, but this time the insurance is on his back to do the best job. if not will take to bmw repairer.

They will repaint the whole trunk again, repaint both quarter panels and the skinny thing on top of the glass, replace the rear seat or fix with a trimmer but depends on how bad.
etc etc

I'm very happy with the results.

Thing to learn is CHOOSE A GOOD INSURANCE COMPANY----ALLIANZ
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
hey guys. so heres some more news. After speaking to the insurance company a few times, the accessor decided to come to my house and check the car out. 2 Allianz guys came and examined the leather which was grazed and more problems we had seen over a 4 week period ( four straight dents in roof, grazed leather, clear coat peeling on quarter panel , clear coat running on trunk, sink back on trunk, clear coat peeling on top of shadow trim, etc etc etc plus they saw things i didn't even see or notice.

long story short company policy is to give the repairer the right to rectify, but this time the insurance is on his back to do the best job. if not will take to bmw repairer.

They will repaint the whole trunk again, repaint both quarter panels and the skinny thing on top of the glass, replace the rear seat or fix with a trimmer but depends on how bad.
etc etc

I'm very happy with the results.

Thing to learn is CHOOSE A GOOD INSURANCE COMPANY----ALLIANZ
Interested to see if they come through with their promises to a result that is satisfactory

Glad to see they have supported you so far!
Appreciate 0