E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Need a Heated Place for Spray Painting

11-13-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Need a Heated Place for Spray Painting

I needed to do some quick spray painting on some parts, but the temps outside are below 10 degrees celcius pretty much everyday on the 14-day forecast so that means the paint will look like crap if I do it in my garage.

I was wondering if anybody knows a place or has a place that's above 10 degrees C that I could use for an hour or so to spray paint some small objects. I'm willing to pay a rental fee or provide parts/services in exchange.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

I picked up a 30 000 BTU forced air heater from XS Cargo about 6 years ago for $60. It drinks propane but I work on my car a lot in the winter, it may be -5 outside but my garage is +20

Suggest picking up a heater and having the conveinience of a warm garage in the winter. It's so worth it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
I picked up a 30 000 BTU forced air heater from XS Cargo about 6 years ago for $60. It drinks propane but I work on my car a lot in the winter, it may be -5 outside but my garage is +20

Suggest picking up a heater and having the conveinience of a warm garage in the winter. It's so worth it.
Turbo swap at your place this christmas break then??? LOL

A +20 garage would just lead to me wasting more time in there LOL, I really need to stay out of there and the winter at least helps me with that .
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Haha, I took an extra few days this winter break to pull my front turbo and adjust the WG actuator. Thats enoguh turbo work for me.

Check princess and XS cargo. You wont regret buying one.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
demontwinz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

i have a garage heater that is basically brand new I could sell you. It's still in a box. : )
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
I needed to do some quick spray painting on some parts, but the temps outside are below 10 degrees celcius pretty much everyday on the 14-day forecast so that means the paint will look like crap if I do it in my garage.

I was wondering if anybody knows a place or has a place that's above 10 degrees C that I could use for an hour or so to spray paint some small objects. I'm willing to pay a rental fee or provide parts/services in exchange.
I have a warehouse you can use. You can drive the car inside too if you want.

I don't need money. Just helping a fellow 335'er out.

PM me if your interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Put a lift in there and charge guys to use it! I'd be there in a heartbeat to swap turbos and a clutch.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Put a lift in there and charge guys to use it! I'd be there in a heartbeat to swap turbos and a clutch.
I bought a lift, and it will be here by december. I already have the air compressor, air tools, etc from the warehouse so ya I plan to rent it out come January.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Quote:
+1 for me I want to do my own intercooler install too!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Haha, I took an extra few days this winter break to pull my front turbo and adjust the WG actuator. Thats enoguh turbo work for me.

Check princess and XS cargo. You wont regret buying one.
You pulled your turbos in your garrage?
I wanted to install new turbos, but I don't have the cojones to do the jobs just yet haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
I have a warehouse you can use. You can drive the car inside too if you want.

I don't need money. Just helping a fellow 335'er out.

PM me if your interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
I bought a lift, and it will be here by december. I already have the air compressor, air tools, etc from the warehouse so ya I plan to rent it out come January.
FINALLY! Someone in the community puts up a lift haha. I really wish you were around this past summer, I destroyed a ligament in my right hand and dislocated a couple carpals trying to do everything on my garage floor LOL.

PM incoming

When you get that lift I will give you some ideas of things that can be done to the car with some creativity. I have a lot of wacky ideas haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
+1 for me I want to do my own intercooler install too!
Andy come on! You're an engineer you don't need a lift.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Quote:
I also value my health!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You pulled your turbos in your garrage?
I wanted to install new turbos, but I don't have the cojones to do the jobs just yet haha.

FINALLY! Someone in the community puts up a lift haha. I really wish you were around this past summer, I destroyed a ligament in my right hand and dislocated a couple carpals trying to do everything on my garage floor LOL.

PM incoming

When you get that lift I will give you some ideas of things that can be done to the car with some creativity. I have a lot of wacky ideas haha.

hahaha I know. I'm just as excited to get this beauty all set up once it arrives. I HATE working on the car when its on the ground on jacks, I swear you loose a year of life from how it is on your body when your under the car on the driveway.

Dr. G - PM replied. You have the details, send me a text.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #13
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

lol c'mon guys, working on ramps isnt so bad. I only need a lift for the bigger things, turbos, engine, tranny, subframes, etc so this opportunity will surely be useful at some point.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lol cant believe no one asked what type of services hes willing to provide hahah
Appreciate 0