E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M3 Brace installed and My .02cents

07-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Chefcg1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

M3 Brace installed and My .02cents

Today I took the time to install my M3 front strut brace that has been gracing my dinning room table for the past two weeks much to my wifes disappointment. It is important to say that I recently installed the M3 tension links and wishbones and have been very happy with the improvements.

The install was pretty straight forward and I want to thank wrh3 for his DIY, it was very helpful. I did find that when installing the main brace part at the wipers that if you slide the brace in first than the plastic cover followed by the rubber boots that I was easily able to fit it without removing the washer fluid line clips. I would also say it was easier since I had my intake off the car already.

How does it feel? it feels much better! I'm actually surprised. I purposely did the install after the M3 front stuff to get a real feel as to what the improvements would be..if any. The front is much stiffer and more stable in the twisties and also improved over rough pavement. I'm very happy that I took the plunge and did the install. I want to thank all those of you out there that have helped with advice and information. Thanks to Tisher for a great price!
2008 335i coupe AW 6AT, RB Turbos, PROcede 2.5 V5, Alpina Flash, Injen Intake, VK MW DP . Helix IC, Vishnu PnP Meth(M10 nozzel), M3 sides, OEM Aero Lip, VMR V710 Midnight Blue, LUX H8, HID Fogs, M3 front bits, D2 Coilovers, Whiteline Rear Bushing inserts, Custom M3 Steering Wheel, Cyba scoops, M2 Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Thanks for your short review. I can second that the improvement is very noticable. I did this mod last, quite some time after having the Bilstein suspension and the M3 bits installed.

In fact it was more one of these "why not" mods on my list. But it definitely should be a "must have"
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0