E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Professional Detailers in Sydney area

03-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #23
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merli View Post
For those in the know, there's "White Gloves" in Rushcutters Bay...

You generally need a personal referral though, and I think prices start from around $300-400 and go up from there.

The result is akin to taking delivery of a new car though
Andrew, do you know what products they use? Do they use the good stuff like P21s or is it Meguires etc?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #24
JameB
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Yep, I'm interested but I either wanted to find somewhere close to where I live or someone who can come out.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #25
JameB
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Also I don't think we're going to get 10-20 people interested are we?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #26
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
I am asking people from other forum as well

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #27
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
i am scared of those high pressure hoses getting into the gaps between my windows (moo moo i am sure having a vert you know what i am talking about), or under teh back of the roof, cos it has happened before... but hey, i can deal with that...

i soooo need my car polished/waxed... i have those retarded swirl marks from when i trusted bmw to wash my car (never again!)

but i would also be worried about my leather... it stains very easy if you use the wrong stuff on it, and takes forever to get the stains out

so what do they use to clean the interior? cos it COULD do with a good cleaning

isn't anyone else interested??
Go SCW (Baulkam hills), they do top job

Nelson
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 02:31 AM   #28
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
so are many people interested?
      03-29-2007, 12:12 AM   #29
9c1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameB View Post
Does anyone know of any good professional detailers in the Sydney area?

I don't mind spending around the $100 mark but I want someone who can do a good job inside and out (waxing etc.) to restore the car a bit.

I don't want to do it all myself (before anyone suggests this) as I don't want to buy the products or spend hours doing it.

I've used the "cafe" car washes in the past and although they do a good job I'm after someone who I can use every 6 months to keep the paint and interior looking top notch. I've got a LeMans (darkish) blue ex-demo 130i which I got 2nd hand and after being washed daily by the dealer it has lots of micro scratches on it and the paint looks a bit lacklustre...
My routine is that I get the car washed weekly at the local coffee/hand car wash, but every six months I take the E90 to my detailer at Lansvale to get rid of the small scratches that start to appear (especially on Sapphire Black paint).

He mainly does work for the local car dealers but his attention to detail for "retail" customers is very impressive. He does a fantastic job on my car and uses Meguires products and is very reasonably priced. My only problem is that Lansvale is so far away from where I live so I only get him to do mine every six months.

I took this week off to get the car serviced and detailed again. The funny thing is that after I dropped off the car I hired a rental car for a day from Liverpool which is cheaper than the cab fare to and from Lansvale and it kept me mobile !

I took some shots of his work on my car this morning (you'll have to excuse the poor quality of my camera as it's raining and I didn't want to get the car rained on just yet, so I took these in the garage).

If anyone's interested his name is Carl from Stingray Detailing - Unit 24/38-62 Hume Hwy Lansvale NSW and his mobile is 0405 640 945.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 06:21 AM   #30
skyskie
Casually Over-Enthusiastic Driver
Australia
Rep
Drives: 325i e90

are those the clear tali lights on yous car? how much were they??
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #31
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
welcome to the clear tail lights club

Nelson
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #32
9c1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Better Pics

The taillights are Blacklines bought from the dealer (don't ask the cost...) but at least I got them straight away. I think they suit the darker paint colours myself.

Here are some better pics I took this morning in the sun which show the glossy finish on the Sapphire Black paintwork.

Like I said - I'd recommend Carl's work.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #33
eml
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe, F48 X1 xDr25i

i'm interested ... but, if possible, only the interior as I wouldn't forgive myself if a end up seeing a swirl mark or a scratch after letting somebody else touch the exterior. actually also need the odyssey's beige leather scrubbed clean!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 08:34 AM   #34
Merli
Sunburnt Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Andrew, do you know what products they use? Do they use the good stuff like P21s or is it Meguires etc?
To be honest, I can't remember what he used, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't generic stuff like Meguiars. I have a tub of S100 (same as P21s apparently, but you can get it at Harley Davidson dealers much more readily in Australia) and it's definitely great stuff! Easy to apply and fantastic results

Martin (owner operator) is extremely.......... eccentric He is anal beyond belief about detailing cars. He does it in his own garage and literally lives and breathes detailing. When I dropped my car off there, he had about 8 cars in his garage, including a red Ferrari 360 (this was a few years ago) that he moved out to get my car in ... there was this 60's Rolls Royce with its ENTIRE leather interior wrapped in glad wrap and some kind of product "feeding" the leather for 2 weeks to moisturize the hide.... He has all the different kinds of lighting to bring out the different types of paint defects...

The list goes on... Blew me away!

I had my Midnight Purple GTR done before an SAU Show 'n Shine and it went in *covered* in swirl marks, acid rain etchings, etc etc... It came out flawless. I really mean flawless. The paint looked brand new, and I was left speechless. It took him 2 days and cost me about $400-ish? He even organised a paintless dent removal guy to fix a small dent he found. He is a perfectionist to the true sense of the word.

Not something you want done all the time, but once a year would definitely be worth a full day treatment if you have a dark coloured car like your carbon black...

PM me if you want his details. You can give him a call to find out what products he uses.

P.S. Sorry for not calling you, but I have decided to order a Sapphire Black on Coral Red 335i, so I don't need to see the Montego... I'm a glutton for punishment, but it's about time I did another black car Problem is, that the M-Sport option won't be available until September (guesstimate from BMW Sydney), but I'm going in next week to make sure I'm first on the list )
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #35
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

To 9c1 : great result. well worth the money. I see you have the dreaded rusty rotor problem too. I'm going to be painting mine up over the Easter weekend. Nothing worst than having a perfectly clean expensive car and so much rust visable. Personally, I think these should be replaced under warrenty. I think the manfacture of the disks are to blame and I'm sure BMW must have compensation from the supplier and only replacing for those that scream loudest.

I've never had rusty disks on any of my BMW's before nor any other make. Everyone used to associate rust with Alfa Romeo and I can tell you in 5 years of ownership that car never had a rusty rotor even when It was laid up for 4 months while I was overseas. Shame BMW .... Shame !!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #36
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merli View Post
To be honest, I can't remember what he used, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't generic stuff like Meguiars. I have a tub of S100 (same as P21s apparently, but you can get it at Harley Davidson dealers much more readily in Australia) and it's definitely great stuff! Easy to apply and fantastic results

Martin (owner operator) is extremely.......... eccentric He is anal beyond belief about detailing cars. He does it in his own garage and literally lives and breathes detailing. When I dropped my car off there, he had about 8 cars in his garage, including a red Ferrari 360 (this was a few years ago) that he moved out to get my car in ... there was this 60's Rolls Royce with its ENTIRE leather interior wrapped in glad wrap and some kind of product "feeding" the leather for 2 weeks to moisturize the hide.... He has all the different kinds of lighting to bring out the different types of paint defects...

The list goes on... Blew me away!

I had my Midnight Purple GTR done before an SAU Show 'n Shine and it went in *covered* in swirl marks, acid rain etchings, etc etc... It came out flawless. I really mean flawless. The paint looked brand new, and I was left speechless. It took him 2 days and cost me about $400-ish? He even organised a paintless dent removal guy to fix a small dent he found. He is a perfectionist to the true sense of the word.

Not something you want done all the time, but once a year would definitely be worth a full day treatment if you have a dark coloured car like your carbon black...

PM me if you want his details. You can give him a call to find out what products he uses.

P.S. Sorry for not calling you, but I have decided to order a Sapphire Black on Coral Red 335i, so I don't need to see the Montego... I'm a glutton for punishment, but it's about time I did another black car Problem is, that the M-Sport option won't be available until September (guesstimate from BMW Sydney), but I'm going in next week to make sure I'm first on the list )
Thanks, he sounds like the way to go I might use him as the GTR needs a going over.

You could always just order the car and get the M sport pack when it comes out, although how long is delievery anyway?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 04:08 AM   #37
9c1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
To 9c1 : great result. well worth the money. I see you have the dreaded rusty rotor problem too. I'm going to be painting mine up over the Easter weekend. Nothing worst than having a perfectly clean expensive car and so much rust visable. Personally, I think these should be replaced under warrenty. I think the manfacture of the disks are to blame and I'm sure BMW must have compensation from the supplier and only replacing for those that scream loudest.

I've never had rusty disks on any of my BMW's before nor any other make. Everyone used to associate rust with Alfa Romeo and I can tell you in 5 years of ownership that car never had a rusty rotor even when It was laid up for 4 months while I was overseas. Shame BMW .... Shame !!!
vgr02, I fully agree with you about the rusty rotors. The car looks pretty good except for the rust poking out from the wheels !!.

I did mention this to my service advisor when I took the car in for an oil service this week and you're right - BMW don't consider this to be a warranty issue as it's cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality of the brakes, but they did give them a clean up while they were doing the KDS II wheel alignment for me.

It's better but they still look rusty which is a shame.

It's also interesting that I also can't really recall my E30 or E46 having this problem (but then again it might be my imagination as they had wheels which covered the rotors, unlike the 193 spider spokes on the E90.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 10:44 AM   #38
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

While they gave them a clean, they could have spent another 5 min and sprayed some silver paint. They had the wheels off anyway and all they had to do was a quick mask of the working part of the disk.

I'm going to do mine next weekend but it will take at least 4 hours while taking one wheel off at a time, masking and painting. Just lucky I have another BMW in the garage WITH A JACK !!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #39
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Hi guys. As you may know from other posts, I am a clean car nut as well as a part owner in a car wash chain in Sydney.

The result of any detail comes down to the actual person doing it – not so much the brand of car wash. Also, the key ingredient to a good detail is time. When I was younger (and did not have to help the kids with their homework, etc) I would work on a panel a day. One panel per day! Yes, my wife did think I was mad.

A commercial car wash business however has to balance cost and time. A customer would never wait the time to detail a car to 100% and would also baulk at the associated cost.

If anyone is interested, I will look at offering forum members a discount on wash/polish/café services at my carwash chain. It would be great to meet you as well.

Cheers.

P.S. Your BMW looks brilliant 9c1. Be sure to keep it that way.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #40
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
i just don't trust people to detail my car anymore... especially after what happened to my old car.

i preffer to do it myself now, cos i know the car wash placed have to some what rushed to push through the customers
      04-30-2007, 04:51 AM   #41
JameB
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
Hi guys. As you may know from other posts, I am a clean car nut as well as a part owner in a car wash chain in Sydney.

The result of any detail comes down to the actual person doing it – not so much the brand of car wash. Also, the key ingredient to a good detail is time. When I was younger (and did not have to help the kids with their homework, etc) I would work on a panel a day. One panel per day! Yes, my wife did think I was mad.

A commercial car wash business however has to balance cost and time. A customer would never wait the time to detail a car to 100% and would also baulk at the associated cost.

If anyone is interested, I will look at offering forum members a discount on wash/polish/café services at my carwash chain. It would be great to meet you as well.

Cheers.

P.S. Your BMW looks brilliant 9c1. Be sure to keep it that way.
The main detailing that I'm after now is for someone to give the car a top quality polish. I am happy to maintain the interior, shampoo and wax the exterior, but the polishing is something I want to leave to professionals.

Can you guys just do a polish/wax? where are you based?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 04:54 AM   #42
JameB
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
I don't think your going to get the job done for $100 unfortunantly. Although Damian at Final Inspection detailing in Melbourne would be able to point you onto someone close to his ability in Sydney. Let us know who you go with.
I finally went with VIP car care. The job took 3 hours and included a wash/polish/wax for the exterior, and carpet shampoo, window clean, leather treatment for the interior.

The interior wasn't too grubby anyway but looks like new. The paint definately looks much better and I've bought some Zaino and P21s products and decent microfibre cloths to maintain it until I get it done again in 6-12 months.

All up cost was $189 and they come to your house.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 05:55 AM   #43
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameB View Post
The main detailing that I'm after now is for someone to give the car a top quality polish. I am happy to maintain the interior, shampoo and wax the exterior, but the polishing is something I want to leave to professionals.

Can you guys just do a polish/wax? where are you based?
We do every type of detailing. Our head detailer is very good.

We are based in Bondi Junction, Alexandria, Gladesville and Catle Hill. If you ever decide to pop in, let me know so I can organise a discount for you.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 06:01 AM   #44
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
We do every type of detailing. Our head detailer is very good.

We are based in Bondi Junction, Alexandria, Gladesville and Catle Hill. If you ever decide to pop in, let me know so I can organise a discount for you.

Cheers.
where abouts is teh castle hill one?

is this the one on victoria ave?