E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Question for all you Floridians

01-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #23
MarvelouzV
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

Yeah, I hate those yearly inspections. I got a rejection sticker because my tint was "too dark". So I took it to the dealership that sold me the car and they passed it no problem. What a waste of time and money.

I've been in Boston for 22 years and I think it's about that time I got the hell out of here. This Tuesday it's suppose to be 14 degrees high and a low of 0 degrees. Maybe I should move tomorrow lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toll-Road View Post
I lived in Mass/NH for 28 years and moved to Destin FL in 2002. I love it more than anything....Still a die hard pats/sox fan

Jobs are popping up but more closer to major cities, IE..Tampa, Tallahassee, etc... No veh inspection too, very mod friendly...

Selling Insurance is huge all over FL.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #24
MarvelouzV
Rep

Oh, and by the way, how did you do it? Did you make the "leap of faith"? Did you have family already there? Did you have a job lined up before u moved? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Quote:
I lived in Mass/NH for 28 years and moved to Destin FL in 2002. I love it more than anything....Still a die hard pats/sox fan

Jobs are popping up but more closer to major cities, IE..Tampa, Tallahassee, etc... No veh inspection too, very mod friendly...

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #25
reelop19
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

There are crazy oil jobs in Texas and North Dakota. Move there, make oil money, become a rugged real man in the process, retire to Boca and harass cuties in thongs on the beach till you die………END OF THREAD
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #26
Toll-Road
Rep
Drives: looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelouzV
Oh, and by the way, how did you do it? Did you make the "leap of faith"? Did you have family already there? Did you have a job lined up before u moved? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Quote:

I moved with a job lined up and it fell through as soon as I arrived in FL.
I'm in NWFL. ( the gulf coast central time zone) many health career / service industry jobs. I have friends that own lawn care and or pool companies that make 7 k a month and work 4 days a week.
I switched careers when I moved.
      01-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #27
isdith08
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15-f02/07 e63-m6/08 e60-535i

south fl

I Live in Palm Beach County Boca Raton,
I Love it and hate it sometimes Im from the NE.
I own a Medium size Architectural Firm
Try Scripps research center they are located in northern palm beach county
10 min north of west palm /. there is also agricultural research centers as well.
Good luck .
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #28
Rickology
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Garage List
i'm a voice engineer, IT jobs here are pretty good. Just need experience
GARAGE: http://e90post.com/forums/bpgarage.php?do=view&id=12018
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #29
RD335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Saloon

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
Try Key West!

http://www.amazon.com/Quit-Your-Job-.../dp/0978992199
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #30
MarvelouzV
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdith08 View Post
I Live in Palm Beach County Boca Raton,
I Love it and hate it sometimes Im from the NE.
I own a Medium size Architectural Firm
Try Scripps research center they are located in northern palm beach county
10 min north of west palm /. there is also agricultural research centers as well.
Good luck .

Get me a job at your firm lol

Update: I have applied to about 30 jobs and I have not heard a single beep out of anyone. Hmmm :/ I might just have to take the leap of faith. I know I'll definitely be getting a pay cut moving down there and I'm completely fine with that!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #31
MarvelouzV
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD335 View Post

i was at key west last year! and it was beautiful! I learned that a city down there is name "Plantation, FL" lol how racist. I saw Plantation Elementary school, Plantation Auto Repair, Plantation Bank etc etc. and not a single black person in sight oh boy

lol
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #32
Greatdane84
Leeeroy Jankins
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
St Pete / Tampa has a ton of young people. I really like Ft Lauderdale as well.
If your from Boston I'd say stick to SW Florida...

Depending on your age and hobbies I think that should factor in to where you search. If you like amusement parks and tourism go to ORLANDO and get lost at Universal or Disney . If you like a younger crowd with unlimited nightlife choices, more modded cars and traffic, larger waves and Hurricanes then go to East Coast. If you want a WIDE range of age groups, fishing, smaller waves, Old people driving, less traffic and hurricanes West coast.

I've lived on both coasts and prefer to be able to just strike up a conversation with someone without them thinking there is a catch to it or completely ignoring you.

Rule of Thumb:
Midwesterners = SW Florida
NJ/NY = SE Florida

I'd also venture to say that there are a ton more illegitimate jobs/companies on the east coast than SW Florida. Yes, the jobs probably triple if not quadruple what's on the West coast but AVOID Craigslist for the Fort Laudy-Miami area.

Overall you can't go wrong and there are so many different styles of people and living throughout this state. After the winters that people experienced this past year up north there is going to be a huge move of people down to Florida over the next year so the sooner you get here the better.

Oh yeah, I'm in business banking.

"If you're not 1st, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #33
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatdane84 View Post

Depending on your age and hobbies I think that should factor in to where you search. If you like amusement parks and tourism go to ORLANDO and get lost at Universal or Disney . If you like a younger crowd with unlimited nightlife choices, more modded cars and traffic, larger waves and Hurricanes then go to East Coast. If you want a WIDE range of age groups, fishing, smaller waves, Old people driving, less traffic and hurricanes West coast.

I've lived on both coasts and prefer to be able to just strike up a conversation with someone without them thinking there is a catch to it or completely ignoring you.

Rule of Thumb:
NJ/NY = SE Florida

I'd also venture to say that there are a ton more illegitimate jobs/companies on the east coast than SW Florida. Yes, the jobs probably triple if not quadruple what's on the West coast but AVOID Craigslist for the Fort Laudy-Miami area.

Overall you can't go wrong and there are so many different styles of people and living throughout this state. After the winters that people experienced this past year up north there is going to be a huge move of people down to Florida over the next year so the sooner you get here the better.

There is plenty of traffic in the St Pete / Tampa area!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 09:53 AM   #34
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Check out Franklin Templeton. It's one of the largest mutual fund companies in the world and they're always hiring. It was recently voted the 11th best place to work in all of FL
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #35
Greatdane84
Leeeroy Jankins
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang
Quote:

Rule of Thumb:
NJ/NY = SE Florida

There is plenty of traffic in the St Pete / Tampa area!
Traffic compared to I-95 doesn't even compare !

"If you're not 1st, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #36
.fLip.
no more coupe :(
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:

Rule of Thumb:
NJ/NY = SE Florida

bold is the truth.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #37
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Healthcare is a large, viable industry down here. I work in pharmaceuticals and biomed and can say that it is only growing, especially in the past year or so.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #38
Andrew5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostryder View Post
I live in VA currently and have been looking into this for years now its just time i pull the trigger. Used to live in Cape coral when i was super young and loved it and am down there for bike week on and off since 2002. I love the weather and the general attitude people have compared to up north. One problem im having is not sure if i can swing it alone and whats the best area for younger people. Any info from you guys that live down there currently would be great. thanks
I would definitely say the east coast, ft laudy or miami. I don't know how old you are but if you're looking for a good party/club scene, you're going to want to come down here. You're going to see some bad ass cars too.
H&R Sport Springs, Depot Headlights and Tail lights
LCI Front Bumper and Hood
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #39
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Originally from NY>> to Boca>> much better work wise and overall quality of life. Less stressful too (at times)..

Some work pays very well, not many other jobs do. What do you want to do?
Appreciate 0