E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Heads Up Display (HUD) phone apps

09-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
TripleBlack
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Heads Up Display (HUD) phone apps

Just wondering if any of you have noticed the HUD apps available on iPhone an android phones. There isn't any mention of them on here; positive or negative opinions, so I'm assuming no ones seen them.

The first two below pics are from a colleagues Samsung Galaxy S3 and the last two are screen shots of iPhone ones.

I gave the Samsung app a very quick test run and it was extremely delayed when I did a burst from 5mph to 60mph. Not very good, obviously a hard-wired kit will be miles better than one using gps information. I was just excited by the whole HUD in my car dream I once had.
For many years I've wanted a HUD kit in my car but always backed down from it because it seemed like a lot of work was involved in getting them fitted + plus my knowledge in cars was just beginning with my first Honda Civic many years back.
Back then I think 'defi-link' was a name associated with kits I don't know if they're still operating.

I heard some of the other series BMWs have some form of HUD on them.
Anyone experienced them?

(Sorry for the large photo sizes, I'm not aware how to resize them using this site)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0