E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Ticking after fuel injector replacement

02-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
wrrush
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Ticking after fuel injector replacement

So after reading through the forum for a while I can not see anyone having this same issue. I have a 2007 335xi and only a JB4, I know I am way behind on my mods.
In the last two months I have replaced the coil packs, spark plugs, valve cover gasket, walnut blasted, oil change, and just last weekend replaced my index 3 fuel injectors with index 12s.
Now when I drive the car the engine is fine, when I sit at idle at a stop light I get this loud ticking sound, not the normal lifter noises we are all used to, if I give the car more gas, or put the car in park, the noise goes away.
I even left the car in drive, put on the ebrake, chocked the front wheels, and lifted the hood. It sounds like it is coming from fuel injector 5 or 6 but these are brand new injectors. Anyone else have this problem?
I will make a video soon but it is 32 degrees out and 9pm at night lol. Injectors went in last saturday and the noise has been in the last 24 hours.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I think a large majority of us noticed that same thing when we swapped in the index 12 injectors, so I'd say you're fine.. Do you still have the engine cover off..? That made mine even more loud, but with the cover on and hood closed i learned to get used to it..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #3
Gohan335i7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 335i  [10.00]
Hmmm... Did you replace all of em at the same time?! If they are brand new it may be normal, however what beast☝️said is also relevant. Engine cover off or on?! Mine is on & I do not notice any excessive ticking.. Maybe check your JB4 settings also. I don't know much about JB4 as I run with Cobb, but maybe there is something in the JB4 to lower your injector ticking!? Make a video so we can hear. P.S more helpful advice coming from e90post users🤗
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #4
wrrush
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

engine cover on, and i know the regular lifter noise, this is louder than normal and intermittent. It did not happen today on my ride to work only yesterday, so maybe something clicked into place and I got lucky. My cowl is off and I have the BMS filters but this is something different

if it was the lifter noise i was worried about i would put in some heavier oil and put on the dynamat hood kit to lower the noise, but its not it, just thought someone else might have come into this issue after replacing the fuel injectors.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Google "E90 evap purge valve ticking" and see if your noise is similar.
Appreciate 0