E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > M sport lci front bumper damaged

12-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
badgerbrock72
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i M-Sport

M sport lci front bumper damaged

Ok so I am a total muppet....after some advice please (and not too much piŁ& taking...!)

Out in the car today, parked up, didn't notice a wooden plank edging to a flower bed in the carpark. Stuck the nose in quite tight as it was a tight car park.

Back out to the car, reversed away and it felt like the handbrake was on, initially... Then a gut wrenching sound and realised what I'd done lol...!

Shot out to take a look (will add a pic in the morning) but I've pulled the underside of the bumper, the plastic engine undertray is detached and now sits below the bumper itself, bumper doesn't seem to be split (lucky) but its a bit distorted on the lower edge. Think I've bust most of the clips too.

So I think I just need to have a good look in daylight, and maybe get it to a decent bodyshop (any recommendations in the NE birmingham area)

I'm hoping it doesn't need a new bumper. If it goes to a stealer no doubt it will be a whole new engine lol...

Cheers

Garry
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
sives
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saving to get a e46 m3 ;)

mate i know how you feel, ripped one of my tires today, only got it like 3 weeks ago(brand new falken), ripped at the inner sidewall, due to me reversing over a uneven kerb near my house . arrggh
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
badgerbrock72
Captain
Rep

One of the falken winters hs 439? I've just put those on quite impressed so far
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
EXSKIN
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D M-SPORT E92

Garage List
Feel for you, did the same it's not the bumper but the bumper bar that's expensive. Looked at a grand to fix . All for pulling a bit of the front under side off
a curb.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
if its like my old car when i parked up at work i had to tuck the undertray back up quite often.
if not too bad drill a couple of holes when undertray back in place and use some cableties to pull back in line or some self tappers.
      12-23-2012, 02:29 AM   #6
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Dear BadgerBrock72,

I am writing to you in regards to an incident which took place on the 22nd December 2012. If you recall you drove me into a car park and parked up very close to something you shouldn't have. The result of this inconsiderate attitude of yours has cost me my jaw. Which is now quite clearly deformed.
To top it off not only did you show the damage to my face to your family and friends, you thought it would be wise to share this mistake of yours with other random people online whom I do not even know.
I find this whole situation highly embarrassing. not to mention extremely degrading. I will wait to hear back from you in regards to compensation. Not that I am suggesting but Some new KW coilovers and a Eisemann exhaust wouldn't go a miss. If you know what I am saying.

Yours faithfully
BMW 330d M sport
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 02:35 AM   #7
badgerbrock72
Captain
Rep

Lol...! I will have to see if I've any Pennies left after your jaw operation

Love

Garry
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 03:27 AM   #8
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

I've done this twice now cos I'm a t**t. You need some thick gloves as it will trap your fingers. Lie on the deck and pull the middle of the bumper down whilst tucking the under tray back in, it gets tricky towards the outer edges, that's where you need to watch your fingers.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #9
badgerbrock72
Captain
Rep

Cheers guys for all replies, been out to look i think its just a case of getting some help, prob a body shop, to clip it all back together. I've taken some pics which i will put up later.

Bumper isn't cracked, slight crack in the undertray plastic but id say max 2 inches. I can live with a 2 inch crack lol

How would i tell if the bumper bar is damaged though, a mentioned that might be expensive. Is it visible or well hidden under all the trim pieces?

Cheers

Garry
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 04:14 AM   #10
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbrock72 View Post
Cheers guys for all replies, been out to look i think its just a case of getting some help, prob a body shop, to clip it all back together. I've taken some pics which i will put up later.

Bumper isn't cracked, slight crack in the undertray plastic but id say max 2 inches. I can live with a 2 inch crack lol

How would i tell if the bumper bar is damaged though, a mentioned that might be expensive. Is it visible or well hidden under all the trim pieces?

Cheers

Garry
your bumper bar will not be damaged bud
      12-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
Dragon88
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320i M-Sport

Done this on a few occasions, bloody high curbs!
Appreciate 0