E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Ethernet not working on retrofitted CIC, E91

09-03-2015, 04:25 AM   #1
_TB_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 325d Touring

Ethernet not working on retrofitted CIC, E91

I have retrofitted a CIC from a 2009 BMW 1-series into my E91. (Iu sed to have CCC professionel with HiFi) I have changed the VO with the new options, and I have changed the builddate. Everything works - apart from the navigation and voice control - since I'm not using an emulator. I was planning on script activating it, that means getting the Ethernet to work on it.

I was planning on wiring the ethernet to the OBD port from the plug on the CIC. That means connecting the ethernet cable to pins 31,32,37, and 38 - and the connect +12V to pin 29 through a ~500 Ohm resistor. However, there is a wire to pin 29 on my CIC allready. What is this for? The rest are available.

I tried to remove the plug and connect directly to the CIC - but I could not get an active ethernet connection at all. So I bought a Dlink adapter rev. B1 - and connected it to the USB in the glovebox. Nothing - I simply cannot get it to work at all.

I tried to fire up tool32 to get som status - and this is what I get.

CICMR.prg -> Status_ethernet_connection_state:

STAT_FLASH_ETHERNET_CONNECTION_STATE = 0
STAT_FLASH_ETHERNET_CONNECTION_STATE_TEXT = Deaktiviert
STAT_RSE_ETHERNET_CONNECTION_STATE = 1
STAT_RSE_ETHERNET_CONNECTION_STATE_TEXT = Aktiviert

IIRC that menas the ethernet from the glovebox USb should be possible?

The I went on to get the IP address from it using status_get_ipconfig. I get the following IP address: 10.250.89.2, subnet: 255.0.0.0. - but still no link at all. Then I tried to get USB status using: status_usb_test - and not I get the following:

STAT_USB_TEST = 2
STAT_USB_TEST_TEXT = Gerät erkannt aber falsche ID.
STAT_VENDORID_INT = 0000
STAT_PRODUCTID_INT = 0000
STAT_VENDORID_REC = 2001
STAT_PRODUCTID_REC _ 3C05

I have verified that my Dlink has vendorID: 2001 and productID: 3C05 - but the CIC will not recognize it. Should the CIC be updated first? I think it's running the original software.. (status_softwarename gives: L2H.E_G08496A)

If I remove the Dlink from the USB - the CIC still gets an IP after rebooting. :/

Now how do I manage to connect ethernet to it? What is the wire already connected to pin 29?

if I just connect the ethernet cable to pins: 31, (TX+) 32, (TX-) 37, (RX+) and 38 (RX-) - will I be able to activate the ethernet by tool32? (I cannot remember the jobname, but I'm able to activate both RSE and FLASH ethernets using the right paramaters (0x00;0x01 to activate FLASH, and 0x01;0x01 for RSE).

I'd really like to avoid using an emulator - and just have it script activated.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #2
ssshake
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe 2009

I just bought this module, used. And I'm trying to do the same thing but haven't started yet.

I'd be interested to know if you made any progress and any info you might have to share.

You might have better luck on ************** as there's a few lengthily threads about this. http://www.**************/showthread...-server/page44

Apparently I'm not allowed mention the Bmw site for Coding, with a top level domain of Com on this site for some reason. Strange.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 02:41 AM   #3
_TB_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 325d Touring

I ended with buying an emulator. I donot have ICom, so cannot update the CIC myself. The people I have been talking to wanted 400 USD just to update the CIC.
Appreciate 0