E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Just installed ARM Motorsports Downpipes and Charge pipe. - Review

09-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #1
ufokinwot
Private
Rep
Drives: 335is

Just installed ARM Motorsports Downpipes and Charge pipe. - Review

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my honest review and experience of some ARM Motorsports products since I've seen quite a few people giving them some flak on the forums.

I recently purchased some downpipes and a charge pipe for my 2011 335is from ARM Motorsports based on the cost alone. They seemed to be one of the websites selling them for the most reasonable prices and since I am a poor college student, I had to factor that when buying after market parts.

I installed the charge pipe myself which was really easy to do. Fitment and quality was great no complaints there. Pipe is a nice material and fits snug. I did have to buy a TIAL Q blow off valve to use with their charge pipe but I didn't mind since it sounds pretty cool and I've never had a blow off valve before. I only bought the charge pipe since mine was still stock and at 85k miles, I didn't want to risk it exploding on me when I went stage 2.

The downpipe install I had a shop do it for me since I didn't feel like doing it myself after reading some downpipe install stories. I found a shop that my buddies friend owns who does it for $150 which I thought was a steal compared to some shops wanting to charge the 8 hour book time.

Installation was a breeze they maybe took 1 to 2 hours to install them (I delayed them because I wanted to take pics ) . I asked the guy installing the downpipes how the fitment was and he said it was "perfect" so hearing that made me incredibly happy.

Only thing that was a hiccup was that they didn't mark the o2 sensors and installed the o2 sensors in the wrong spots so the car started to miss fire when first driving but they corrected that issue quickly! NOTE: ** So if you had just freshly installed downpipes and your car started to misfire immediately after, its because the o2 sensors got mixed up, oops. **

After starting the car up I noticed a huge huge difference in sound. My friend said my car sounding like a baby GTR/Huracan since I have the MHD tune burble options set to aggressive which makes the car pop! Car has a deeper rumbling sound when idling and its pretty loud when wide open throttle. Even when just cruising at low speeds I can hear the turbo whistle and some deep burbling when I let off the throttle which sounds really nice. It was loud enough that a cop yelled at me on his PA system when I was testing the car out.

I flashed MHD Stage 2 in the parking lot after getting them installed and WOW what a difference the tune and downpipes make. Also note, I don't drive my care like a grandma, I drive it how you expect a 21 year old kid to drive it. I have put 800 hard and I mean HARD miles on the car since installing them and everything has been great so far. The power delivery is amazing and the car just pulls and pulls with no signs of slowing down. The car is much quicker compared to before and feels way faster than my Tuned 2017 Mustang GT. Overall I am very happy with the downpipes and charge pipe from them and I will definitely be buying their FMIC when I can afford it.

This is my honest review of their products and not a paid endorsement/product placement or whatever. As a small business owner I just hate to see smaller companies get hate especially from bigger companies because people seem to think the smaller companies aren't capable of making quality products. ARM Motorsports from my experience has had amazing customer service and from what I have seen makes some great quality products. I would definitely recommend them to friends, I wouldn't recommend them if I wasn't satisfied and happy with their products.

Here are some photos!

Appreciate 3
      09-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
mweisdorfer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
If they made a charge pipe with the traditional DV's, I'd probably buy it.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
Squirt
Rep
Drives: N/A

Same. I'm not a big BOV fan.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 12:37 AM   #4
TemjinX2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

thanks for the review...its always good to hear real life testing and input.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #5
ufokinwot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Yeah I bought it not knowing it needed a blow off valve and was very confused why there was a big hole in the pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
Same. I'm not a big BOV fan.
I usually don't like blow off valves but the Tial Q one I have is pretty nice. I like it because it is not obnoxious at all. Perfect volume I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
thanks for the review...its always good to hear real life testing and input.
No problem! Car is still going strong !
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #6
McLovin335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Bought a Burger Motor Sport charge pipe in stock configuration for Forge diverter valves. Works good for me. Also had my downpipes ceramic coated to help keep heat down. My ARM pipes fit great.
      09-29-2017, 12:15 PM   #7
lmvzuniga
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Buy my chargepipe lol havent taken it off to see what brand but its a upgraded cp from previous owner but it uses factory DV's and i hate that. Just ordered arm cp and tial bov
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #8
335e92tx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Was 07-335e92 - Now '13 335IS

and now your selling it??

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1426341

hmm..

g/l

Apr 14 2017 - '13 335IS replaced the '07 E92
13IS mods BQ Tuned/MHD flashed - MFactory LSD - ATM IC - next KoniFSDs and M*arms.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #9
ufokinwot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
and now your selling it??

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1426341

hmm..

g/l
Has nothing to do with the products I just get bored of cars easily. Had my 2017 Mustang Gt for 5 months before selling and same with my previous m3. Longest I have owned a car for is 1 year haha.
Appreciate 0