E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > HELP PLEASE: Performance Driving School in a Convertible (E93)

04-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
Stinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 335i E93  [7.00]
1993 318is  [0.00]
1996 Z3 1.9  [0.00]
HELP PLEASE: Performance Driving School in a Convertible (E93)

Has anyone tried to track an E93 yet? I am looking into doing it for an upcoming event here in Michigan and was told I need the following 3 things:

1.) Roll Hoop

2.) 5 or 6 point harness for both driver and passenger

3.) Arm restraints for both driver and passenger

So what do I need here? Do I have to install a roll hoop or are my roll bars that came with the car the same thing and satisfies this requirement?

Regarding the harness. Is this something that requires me to replace my seat belts or is this something that attaches to my existing seatbelt system? Any recommendations product wise.

Arm restraints I did find and these are fairly cheap and easy to install so I did figure that one out. I'm just not sure about the other 2 items.

So, there you have it. That's what I am required to have according to the BMW CCA op manual for a high speed driving event.

Anyone do this yet with an E93? Costs? And any other insight would be great.

Thanks!

Last edited by Stinger; 04-17-2008 at 05:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
deve
Rep
Drives: 335i / M3 E36

I track my E93. Some clubs (and BMW CCA is one of them) have crazy requirements to convertibles, just do not drive with them I think it's shame to install roll-cage to our cars. Fortunately most clubs are not that paranoid about convertibles and satisfied with our factory installed pop-up roll bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Has anyone tried to track an E93 yet? I am looking into doing it for an upcoming event here in Michigan and was told I need the following 3 things:

1.) Roll Hoop

2.) 5 or 6 point harness for both driver and passenger

3.) Arm restraints for both driver and passenger

So what do I need here? Do I have to install a roll hoop or are my roll bars that came with the car the same thing and satisfies this requirement?

Regarding the harness. Is this something that requires me to replace my seat belts or is this something that attaches to my existing seatbelt system? Any recommendations product wise.

Arm restraints I did find and these are fairly cheap and easy to install so I did figure that one out. I'm just not sure about the other 2 items.

So, there you have it. That's what I am required to have according to the BMW CCA op manual for a high speed driving event.

Anyone do this yet with an E93? Costs? And any other insight would be great.

Thanks!

Last edited by deve; 04-22-2008 at 12:39 AM..
Appreciate 0