E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 Software update

06-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
wbbb
Private
Rep
Drives: VW

E90 Software update

Picked up car this evening from dealer, and was told my car only had the original software settings on it from 2005 and so they have had to update with the latest one.

Can anyone tell me what benefits I'll get from this?

The person I spoke with at the dealer said that some engine settings may be changed (???) and that the bluetooth settings would be better (I don't have it though!!).

I have drive away locking now, but will there be anything else from the upgrade that I can use?

Cheers

Last edited by wbbb; 06-17-2010 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: cut out the chaff
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 05:16 AM   #2
wbbb
Private
Rep
Drives: VW

anyone know about what the changes in software means?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
tujos38
Registered
Finland
Rep
Drives: 330 xDA MSport, Sat Nav Pro'07

Hi,

I have '07 330xdA that was produced in 2006 and I think it still has the original software. I'd be very interested to know what the latest software is as well as I have connect / disconnect Bluetooth problem pretty much with all Nokia phones.

I tried searching the forums but haven't found a 2010 software version list so far.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
If you have i-drive then the changes should be noticeable, the menu colour changed and I think there were several improvements.

Problem is you have not said what car your drive and what spec, so it is difficult really to think of an answer for you!

If you have no i-drive and no bluetooth, then I doubt you will really see a great deal of difference?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #5
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
A full software update is £200+VAT so I'd want some decent functionality upgrades if I had to pay that kind of cash!
      07-04-2010, 03:06 AM   #6
tmarshall57
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530d M Sport, E87 118d M

Garage List
As previous poster stated - if you have iDrive you will notice more differences.

I successfully obtained a SW upgrade under warranty by complaining about specfic issues I knew would be fixed by the upgrade e.g.:

1) Using a programmable steering wheel button to cycle through entertainment channels would miss the Aux option

2) Navigation Pro failed to pop up direction changes in the small RH screen if the main screen was showing a non Nav display e.g. Entertainment settings.

3) Radio occasionally did not recall the station last used.

My car was made in Feb 07, I bought in May 08. The car still had the original SW.

You can tell if you have later, non original software if the iDrive main screen has a brownish colour rather than a silver colour. As previous poster says you will not notice major differences if you don't - other than maybe smoother auto changes or bluetooth reliability.

There is no way of knowing the exact version/date of the SW without dealer assistance.
F10 530d M Sport, September 2012 Individual Amazonite Silver, Oyster Dakota Leather, Auto, Nav Pro, Bluetooth + USB Devices, Expanded BMW Online, Comfort Seats, Sunroof, Sun Protection Glass Individual Satin Walnut Honey Brown Trim Interior Inside/Outside Mirror with folding and autodip, M Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 0