E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread (#4)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #1497
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
24
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
my ears!!!!!!

flying in overnight, won't be able to make it
would you make it if it was sunday?
i apologize for your ears!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #1498
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
69
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
would you make it if it was sunday?
i apologize for your ears!
lol. font was so huge i just imagined it as a really loud announcement

this weekend is generally bad for me - wife has a fashion show in the evening of saturday and then i have to run around sunday, sigh. you guys go ahead, i'll join the next one!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #1499
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
97
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Ring times are not too representative, because the Ring is biased towards high HP cars where those cars can attain very high speed in the straights.

For the tracks that we know, there will likely be less than 10 seconds difference a lap, but the pleasure of an exige vs a high hp car (e.g. vette) cannot be compared IMO!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #1500
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
90
Rep
5,014
Posts

Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (2)

too far. But I will still do the trek. Now go learn how to create a MEET in the BMW Meets section... Or don't since last I remember, Tim Hortons don't take reservations.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #1501
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
69
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Ring times are not too representative, because the Ring is biased towards high HP cars where those cars can attain very high speed in the straights.

For the tracks that we know, there will likely be less than 10 seconds difference a lap, but the pleasure of an exige vs a high hp car (e.g. vette) cannot be compared IMO!
I.e. nuclear launcher wins or scalpel wins? I confuse!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #1502
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
90
Rep
5,014
Posts

Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (2)

Having driven the GT-R on a track... Meeh. not for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #1503
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
24
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
too far. But I will still do the trek. Now go learn how to create a MEET in the BMW Meets section... Or don't since last I remember, Tim Hortons don't take reservations.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/calend...day=2013-05-04

There
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #1504
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
90
Rep
5,014
Posts

Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
Quick learner.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #1505
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
24
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Quick learner.
There's a starbucks in front if you are not satisfy with timmies
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #1506
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
97
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
I.e. nuclear launcher wins or scalpel wins? I confuse!
Scalpel duh!

GT_R is also among the nuclear launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
Have fun and take pics for those who can't make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Quick learner.
The young ones will shame us when it comes to technology.....Oh and stop faking the grumpiness
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #1507
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
69
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

GT-R is definitely a nuclear launcher, haha.

I was looking at Exiges recently, which is why I ask. To be honest, I was looking at Esprits, but the collectibility factor artifically inflates the price - although at 291 hp/ton it blows my 335 out of the water (and the Exige, too). But oh, the sound of that V8...

Maybe when I get sick of the R...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #1508
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
97
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
GT-R is definitely a nuclear launcher, haha.

I was looking at Exiges recently, which is why I ask. To be honest, I was looking at Esprits, but the collectibility factor artifically inflates the price - although at 291 hp/ton it blows my 335 out of the water (and the Exige, too). But oh, the sound of that V8...

Maybe when I get sick of the R...
I've been there, but sadly, the exige/elise is not for me. Just imagine if you damage anything (say a fender or bumper), it will cost you a fortune to repair, including an eternity to get the parts to fix it. Not a practical track solution...... unless you buy 2 of them, one as a spare....
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #1509
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
69
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
I've been there, but sadly, the exige/elise is not for me. Just imagine if you damage anything (say a fender or bumper), it will cost you a fortune to repair, including an eternity to get the parts to fix it. Not a practical track solution...... unless you buy 2 of them, one as a spare....
They are available in Canada, though, aren't they? Or are all the Exiges on the road US imports? That would blow hard.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #1510
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
97
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
They are available in Canada, though, aren't they? Or are all the Exiges on the road US imports? That would blow hard.
They are available in Canada, Weissach (Vancouver) and John Scotti (montreal) imports them from the UK, you will surely pay over 70k for exiges and over 60k for elises. Referring to supercharged models, regular non-blowed versions are cheaper. You cannot import US models into Canada, at least by yourself. and possibly even through specialty dealers.

If you go on CBA site, these cars are not on the list of cars importable from the USA.

If you go on John Scotti site they have a track only Exige Cup selling for over 100k, you will need to trailer the car though. Go get it cos I want a ride in it
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #1511
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
184
Rep
12,131
Posts

Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Wow. sadly no BMWs. Your Porsche has been befriending some other major cars right there.
you should have come along to represent BMW...owner of the black zr1 had an M roadster before. i can imagine the response you'd give me if i told you to show up at julep... lol... at least we have one of the best julep meets i've seen in a long long time. not all julep meets are full of ricers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanosracing View Post
The GT-R looks like a whale when parked next to your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
It is a whale!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
ok I have to step in its defense: it's a whale that laps 10s faster on the 'ring!
yes the GTR is definitely a whale... but that one makes about 500 WHP... so i think this whale can eat my little frog alive.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #1512
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
184
Rep
12,131
Posts

Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
I've been there, but sadly, the exige/elise is not for me. Just imagine if you damage anything (say a fender or bumper), it will cost you a fortune to repair, including an eternity to get the parts to fix it. Not a practical track solution...... unless you buy 2 of them, one as a spare....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
They are available in Canada, though, aren't they? Or are all the Exiges on the road US imports? That would blow hard.
exige/elise is a very cool car but super super impractical... cant even take a small tool kit. the 'trunk' is a huge joke... and if your wife has a large hand bag, she probably wont even be able to fit it in the cabin .... i think if you own one of those, you need to invest in a trailer and truck to take your tools and clothes to the track day.

also i've taken rides in exiges before.. probably the most difficult car to get in and out of.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #1513
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
97
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
you should have come along to represent BMW...owner of the black zr1 had an M roadster before. i can imagine the response you'd give me if i told you to show up at julep... lol... at least we have one of the best julep meets i've seen in a long long time. not all julep meets are full of ricers.
Lol, guilty by association


Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
yes the GTR is definitely a whale... but that one makes about 500 WHP... so i think this whale can eat my little frog alive.
Ok, I didn't need to hear this, too much info.....
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #1514
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
97
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
exige/elise is a very cool car but super super impractical... cant even take a small tool kit. the 'trunk' is a huge joke... and if your wife has a large hand bag, she probably wont even be able to fit it in the cabin .... i think if you own one of those, you need to invest in a trailer and truck to take your tools and clothes to the track day.

also i've taken rides in exiges before.. probably the most difficult car to get in and out of.
Now, just picture how difficult it would be to get out of a crumpled one
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #1515
M3 Montreal
Colonel
43
Rep
2,194
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam
Hello everyone!
I am calling a meet this saturday at 10:30 AM.
Location:
Tim Hortons
3838 Boulevard de la Cte-Vertu, St-Laurent, QC H4R 1P8
(514) 334-5222

For those of you who wish to have breakfast, there is a Chez Cora in front of the tim hortons

Please reply to this thread if you are in attendance. Everyone is invited! Bring your friends. The more the merrier!
So far, our guestlist includes
montreal red
ms372
catherinelam


HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!

I'm in.

Maybe come alone since the Gf doesn't like car talk much...

I'm getting my S4 rims put in tomorrow powdercoated satin. Now the car is all black including the rear lights that I did last year.
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #1516
M3 Montreal
Colonel
43
Rep
2,194
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest
Having driven the GT-R on a track... Meeh. not for me.
I wonder if its the GTR or just the fact that AWD is just not as exciting.

With the M3 I really have to have a good confident day and feel the tires are nice and warm before talking M dynamic off on the track whereas all nannies off right away with the S4.

AWD to RWD is a world of difference.
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #1517
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
24
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
I'm in.

Maybe come alone since the Gf doesn't like car talk much...

I'm getting my S4 rims put in tomorrow powdercoated satin. Now the car is all black including the rear lights that I did last year.
Great see you Saturday !
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #1518
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
46
Rep
3,843
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
I wonder if its the GTR or just the fact that AWD is just not as exciting.

With the M3 I really have to have a good confident day and feel the tires are nice and warm before talking M dynamic off on the track whereas all nannies off right away with the S4.

AWD to RWD is a world of difference.
You bet. A big difference coming from AWD going to RWD without traction/stability control. I payed to learn that. With AWD you can mess up your turn in or braking and get back on the throttle and steer yourself back on track with little issues. No such grace RWD even with stability management. But boy, once you have your car zeroed in, it's a rush.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST