E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > AKMotorwerk Tri-state area shop **NOW OPEN**

03-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #2333
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by O HELLA BMW View Post
so my 2008 bmw 335i covertible is prewired for the factory alarm, since i have the red clown nose on the rear view mirror. so i ordered the oem factory convertible alarm system from tischer bmw. i went to my local dealership and they said since i installed a LCI IDRIVE Controller(this is the idrive controller found on '11 bmw's) that my alarm cannont be coded to work. meaning no BEEP noise when unlocking or locking....... but when i lock my car my clown nose does blink but i just dont have no BEEP sound at all.....

they said i need to install the old IDRIVE controller in order for my oem alarm to work..is this true? or could i pay you guys at AK to code it to beep when locking and unlocking?????
That's the first i've heard of this... we can code (activate) the alarm for you. When you come on down, just bring the old idrive controller and if needed (which i don't think we do) we can plug the old controller in just to activate/code the alarm and then put the new style controller back in. shoot me an email alex@akmotorwerk.com or PM and let me know if you want to swing by.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #2334
O HELLA BMW
I <3 My E93
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12” 335is vert

Ok thanks Alex, I'll be coming down in a month or two

With a few goodies
      03-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #2335
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O HELLA BMW
Ok thanks Alex, I'll be coming down in a month or two

With a few goodies
Awesome... Can't wait!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #2336
djfrestyl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Sport

Hey guys,

Can I come by this Saturday? Late morning/early afternoon.

My dash is lit up like a Christmas tree, brake sensors aren't resetting, I'm getting a couple service reminders, etc.

...and maybe some coding
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #2337
AceBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

i've got an appointment with them this saturday at 10am & will probably run a few hrs so i can finally get the goodies on. so i'm not sure how much time that'll leave for yours. alex would know, just thought i'd chime in.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #2338
djfrestyl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait to hear from Alex. I'm free up until about 4:30 on Saturday in case that helps.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #2339
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower View Post
STOCK
and my car had a transplant! thanks buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon335iFL View Post

Someone go buy my E90 muffler delete! its just laying in Alex's shop!

Its full bolt on NO NEED TO WELD!. Alex says it one of the most cleanest muffler deletes he has seen!

$200 firm!

Free advertisement FTW
lol i was going to put it on man but alex told me it was a e90 and i was , we were worried about fitment on my xi coupe, but they look good to any potential buyers, the tips are really nice and big(insert joke here).

on another note, went over to see my old buddies Alex and Kev at AKM a few days ago. had my cdv modified and the helix fmic from craig's car (which i heard now might have 20 miles! lol, thanks again craig) installed and its amazing that people don't do these two mods first! Car feels so different now above 3-3.5k it just pulls and pulls and the best part is that it doesn't drop down in power or heatsoak like the oem unit. It was pretty funny actually when Alex asked me to pick up the oem and then the helix, the OEM is a featherweight. i've seen pics but you don't realize how small it really is until you see it off the car, it's pathetic. The Helix has a great stepped core design and its apparent that its made with quality and performance in mind. I haven't been on a dyno and my procede is not on autotune maps yet but i can DEF say it gave me a good ~20AWHP. It's a tremendous amount of power, if i ever feel like i need more ill prob throw the AFE DCI on but for now i'm not sure what i'm doing intake wise and im content with the HP levels im at. The CDV mod is great too, no more 1-2 jerky shifts and it's butter smooth. the shifter action is still a bit notchy but we all know thats another issue we all have! it took a little getting used to but once i got accustomed to the new clutch feel it was awesome, i can rev match downshift much easier and accurately now. The guys did an awesome job with the installs and it was a lot of work getting that IC in with all the trimming (LOL atleast it wasn't a rusted downpipe bolt from hell like on my last e92 if you guys remember that!) It took a few hours but they have a really chill lounge area where i got some work and emails done. Even though it took a few hours with all the trimming and such they did not charge me any more than the agreed price and Alex fixed my ground bolt on my steering wheel for no charge and i appreciated that. The pricing is extremely competitive and the work was done right. It's good to have a couple of guys that are down to earth, and don't mind if you watch them work while answering any questions you have. Alex& Kev, it was around a four hour drive for me but it was great seeing you guys again after so long. ill be back for more in the spring

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #2340
AceBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I had the pleasure of meeting Alex & Kevin at AKMotorwerks this past weekend to do some work on my car. I had been coordinating with Alex for over a month to set up the appointment & throughout the whole time, he's always provided the best input. These guys are top notch with their customer service, their work, and their overall personalities. I got my downpipes & new headlights installed & along with a little coding. Everything went smoothly. I also met some other BMW owners & got to chat, so its definitely a relaxed environment. So once again, thanks guys for the amazing work. I highly recommend making the trip out to AKMotorwerks for any of your needs. Bring donuts, they love it

Last edited by AceBMW; 03-12-2012 at 11:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #2341
AcExSpades
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: 11 MW E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 Subaru WRX STi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceBMW View Post
I had the pleasure of meeting Alex & Kevin at AKMoterwerks this past weekend to do some work on my car. I had been coordinating with Alex for over a month to set up the appointment & throughout the whole time, he's always provided the best input. These guys are top notch with their customer service, their work, and their overall personalities. I got my downpipes & new headlights installed & along with a little coding. Everything went smoothly. I also met some other BMW owners & got to chat, so its definitely a relaxed environment. So once again, thanks guys for the amazing work. I highly recommend making the trip out to AKMoterwerks for any of your needs. Bring donuts, they love it
Nice meeting you dude! I'm sure those headlights look nice .

I just gotta wait a couple more days hopefully so I can get my car back!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #2342
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post

lol i was going to put it on man but alex told me it was a e90 and i was , we were worried about fitment on my xi coupe, but they look good to any potential buyers, the tips are really nice and big(insert joke here).

on another note, went over to see my old buddies Alex and Kev at AKM a few days ago. had my cdv modified and the helix fmic from craig's car (which i heard now might have 20 miles! lol, thanks again craig) installed and its amazing that people don't do these two mods first! Car feels so different now above 3-3.5k it just pulls and pulls and the best part is that it doesn't drop down in power or heatsoak like the oem unit. It was pretty funny actually when Alex asked me to pick up the oem and then the helix, the OEM is a featherweight. i've seen pics but you don't realize how small it really is until you see it off the car, it's pathetic. The Helix has a great stepped core design and its apparent that its made with quality and performance in mind. I haven't been on a dyno and my procede is not on autotune maps yet but i can DEF say it gave me a good ~20AWHP. It's a tremendous amount of power, if i ever feel like i need more ill prob throw the AFE DCI on but for now i'm not sure what i'm doing intake wise and im content with the HP levels im at. The CDV mod is great too, no more 1-2 jerky shifts and it's butter smooth. the shifter action is still a bit notchy but we all know thats another issue we all have! it took a little getting used to but once i got accustomed to the new clutch feel it was awesome, i can rev match downshift much easier and accurately now. The guys did an awesome job with the installs and it was a lot of work getting that IC in with all the trimming (LOL atleast it wasn't a rusted downpipe bolt from hell like on my last e92 if you guys remember that!) It took a few hours but they have a really chill lounge area where i got some work and emails done. Even though it took a few hours with all the trimming and such they did not charge me any more than the agreed price and Alex fixed my ground bolt on my steering wheel for no charge and i appreciated that. The pricing is extremely competitive and the work was done right. It's good to have a couple of guys that are down to earth, and don't mind if you watch them work while answering any questions you have. Alex& Kev, it was around a four hour drive for me but it was great seeing you guys again after so long. ill be back for more in the spring

hey rev, great seeing you again, and thanks for taking the time to write up the review!!!

i will NEVER forget those dp's on your car i still have nightmares of that day lol

Quote:
I had the pleasure of meeting Alex & Kevin at AKMotorwerks this past weekend to do some work on my car. I had been coordinating with Alex for over a month to set up the appointment & throughout the whole time, he's always provided the best input. These guys are top notch with their customer service, their work, and their overall personalities. I got my downpipes & new headlights installed & along with a little coding. Everything went smoothly. I also met some other BMW owners & got to chat, so its definitely a relaxed environment. So once again, thanks guys for the amazing work. I highly recommend making the trip out to AKMotorwerks for any of your needs. Bring donuts, they love it
thanks for the review! it was great meeting you, and a pleasure transforming your car! glad you are enjoying everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcExSpades View Post

you will have your baby back very soon and happier then ever everyone that comes thru drools over it
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #2343
AceBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcExSpades View Post

Same here! I'm pleased with how everything turned out for the DPs & headlights. I'll have a photoshoot at some point when I get things together. I know you're itching to drive your car again, that things going to be beast.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #2344
djfrestyl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Nice meeting you guys.

Now I just have 1-2 more errors left till my dash is no longer lit up like Rockafeller Center during the holidays.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #2345
mave198
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Sup guys, think it's time for me to get those rusty calipers painted and maybe some new angel eyes installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #2346
AceBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

haha. i hate the errors man. i got an adaptive headlight error now because of the new headlights, but i'll deal with it since the front looks much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfrestyl View Post
Nice meeting you guys.

Now I just have 1-2 more errors left till my dash is no longer lit up like Rockafeller Center during the holidays.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #2347
Jonny550
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Xdrive

Quote:

:

No biggie,i guess iall post up a thread about it now....

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #2348
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Rev... always a pleasure. Good seeing you again. Car is coming along nicely!!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #2349
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good meeting you Ace... thanks for the kind words!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #2350
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave198 View Post
Sup guys, think it's time for me to get those rusty calipers painted and maybe some new angel eyes installed.
Let me know when you want to come on by... weather has been nice and warm!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #2351
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon335iFL View Post
No biggie,i guess iall post up a thread about it now....
Jon, shooting you a PM regarding the muffler delete in a few mins.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #2352
Force[FED]
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

OEM Clutch Replacement

Hey Alex and Kevin. I emailed you guys recently asking about a clutch replacement for my 335xi (63k miles), it's starting to slip. Do you all do clutch jobs? I am getting estimates from the dealerships too, but imagine I will get fleeced going that route.

I don't even mind going with OEM parts, since my car is not making much more power than stock.

If you guys do it, can you give me some ballparks on price? Thanks!

Kev
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #2353
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force[FED
]Hey Alex and Kevin. I emailed you guys recently asking about a clutch replacement for my 335xi (63k miles), it's starting to slip. Do you all do clutch jobs? I am getting estimates from the dealerships too, but imagine I will get fleeced going that route.

I don't even mind going with OEM parts, since my car is not making much more power than stock.

If you guys do it, can you give me some ballparks on price? Thanks!

Kev
Just sent you a PM
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #2354
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

my baby's being parted out... most parts are spoken for already, but there are a few left.

- OSS headlights w/ full reverse blackout, amber LED corners and white LED cornering lights (e92)

- 19" Veneto LC wheels w/ General tires (19x9.5/235 front..... 19x10/275 rear) (need to trade for a set of OEM wheels/tires)

- BMS DCI

- Renn-Art catless/resonated full exhaust

- few others i'm sure i'm missing

email me with any questions
Attached Images

Last edited by Alex@AKMotorwerk; 03-27-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0