E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My E92 dead after 1900 miles

06-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 320i MSport > Merc C220CDI

My E92 dead after 1900 miles

Hey guys,
Has anyone else in the UK had problems with their E92??
I've seen some topics from the states but thought they may have sorted the problem before selling in the UK!!
I've got a 320i MSport that felt jerky from day one but I put this down to the engine not being run in yet.
after 1900 miles (3 weeks after I bought it) I ended up being towed home from the M6 after my fuel pump decided to malfunction.
The cars been in for 3 weeks, and BMW say it's going to be another 2-3 weeks for the part to come
Anyone else suffering??
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLSEN View Post
Hey guys,
Has anyone else in the UK had problems with their E92??
I've seen some topics from the states but thought they may have sorted the problem before selling in the UK!!
I've got a 320i MSport that felt jerky from day one but I put this down to the engine not being run in yet.
after 1900 miles (3 weeks after I bought it) I ended up being towed home from the M6 after my fuel pump decided to malfunction.
The cars been in for 3 weeks, and BMW say it's going to be another 2-3 weeks for the part to come
Anyone else suffering??
Thats shite,keep us posted on happenings.No probs with mine yet
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 320i MSport > Merc C220CDI

Got a call from beema today to say it's a known prob on Petrol models.... doh!! Should have gone for a diesel!!
They've given me a 4door to drive in the mean time but they have said they'll pay me some compo!! It'll be interesting to see how much!!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
keithIOW
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 325 SE

Hi Colsen,

welcome to the forum.

I've just got my E93 back from the dealer after 4 weeks with the fuel pump problem. So far as regards compensation BMW agreed to cover my loan payment for the month I was without the car and I'm currently negotiating to get something else from my dealer (namely the front lip from the aero kit)

I managed to get a Boxster as a loan car after they originally gave me a Ford Mondeo estate!!!

My advice to you is keep hastling you dealer and especially hastle BMW customer services. I phoned them every day or so and was constantly told that they could not give me a date when the part would be available, then hey presto , out of the blue the part arrived.

you have my sympathy as I know exactly how you feel. I hope you get your car back soon. Good luck and give 'em hell

E93 325 SE, Sparkling Graphite, Black Dakota, hi-gloss black trim, 230's, Folding Mirrors, C/A, Sat Nav, Sport Seats, Front Seat Heating, prof Hi-Fi
Appreciate 0