E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > e90 bi xenon - xenon swapping internals ??

05-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
wormus
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d m sport

e90 bi xenon - xenon swapping internals ??

hi I have a e90 330d m sport i bought it with light front damage I have been waiting for a bi - xenon left headlight to turn up - 2 months no joy !! bmw want £720+VAT which of course i want to try to avoid paying !!

Anyways have been thinking I have the old headlamp with broken halo and a smashed casing but i took the headlamp apart and the bi-xenon dipped/main beam unit is fine along with solonoid etc came out easy with three torx screws , was thinking would i be able to buy a normal halo xenon and put my bi xenon part inside and maybe the loom too ?

any help greatly appreciated !!

thanks in advance !!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
shane55
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M-Sport Auto

As far as I know all E90's are Bi-Xenon...(dipped and full beam are same xenon unit with a shutter lifting for full beam)
      05-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
wormus
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d m sport

o ok , I have been told that the part numbers have to be exact ? as all the ones I have found have been different to mine the part no is 631171616739 , maybe something to do with coding ? there is a circuit board attached to the solonoid for the shutter so maybe if i changed it that would be ok ?

thank you !!
Appreciate 0