E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Driver's door unlocking when ejecting key fob, how to set this?

01-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '05 E90 330i Manual

Garage List
Driver's door unlocking when ejecting key fob, how to set this?

Just got my car back from its service this afternoon and they replaced both front door locking mechanisms as well as the driver's door window mechanism. All great, but now when I remove the key fob it doesn't unlock the driver's door like it did before. Is there a way to change this setting or something only the agents can do?

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
azeemtn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 m5, Space Gray

Garage List
2015 m5  [0.00]
i think you need to get it coded, like grant @detailaddict does...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Thanks! Going to ask the dealership tomorrow and see what they say. Was very convenient and sensible the way it was before!

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

coding
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Update: So car had to go back to the dealers - apparently because it's an '05 model they cannot activate the selective locking with the newer software. They tried this with the coding, not sure if they are indeed not able to set this or just being dumb, like below:

They had incorrectly adjusted the hand brake and while I was driving along a freeway on Monday morning there was a soft rumble which got louder and became a quite a nasty vibration - stopped a few times to see what I could find to be the cause. After stopping the second time there was a "chirp-chirp-chirp" sound so indicated something to do with the brakes. But all rotors were at a comfortable "normal" temperature. Limped a few kilometres to the nearest Dealership (not the same one that serviced my car) and it of course was the hand brake that was binding. They adjusted and suggested I take it up with the agents that serviced the car which I did.

I insisted that they replace both rear brake disks and the hand brake shoes - brake pads were newly fitted so still perfect. Also insisted they replace my engine cover which all of a sudden had some minor scratches.

Point is, my car is not maybe in perfect condition and all that current, but I take care of it and have kept it in the condition that it is since I bought it, so I would expect my car to come back from a service no different - I actually said to the SA, how can my car be returned in worse physical and mechanical condition than when I brought it in!

Service plan (motorplan) took care of all of this, so hopefully she is back to being her normal self and behaving! Still disappointed about the door lock issue!

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Another update, and sort of a solution... Found that if I leave the doors unlocked when driving off so that they automatically lock, when removing the key fob it does unlock the driver's door - just doesn't do this if I lock the doors from the inside.

Appreciate 0