E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > RPM dependant squeak under throttle when releasing clutch

09-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
citizen_insane
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

RPM dependant squeak under throttle when releasing clutch

I just noticed this morning that when getting started from a stop, there is a periodic squeak coming from what I assume is the clutch. As the car starts moving forward, I hear the squeak and it increase in frequency with engine RPM (sounds like ~1 squeak per engine revolution). Once I'm over ~1500rpm the sound goes away from what I can tell. I checked and this only occurs when the engine is under load (no sound revving motor with the clutch in), which means it's not a belt. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
citizen_insane
Rep

I did a bit more testing over lunch and it appears the sound is while engine is lightly loaded and the clutch is engaged. If I stomp on it, there's no sound. Maybe it's the dual mass flywheel? Is this indicative of a problem or just more normal weird BMW sounds?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
citizen_insane
Rep

I managed to take a video of the problem today. It only does this at low load with the clutch engaged. After I give it more gas, the problem goes away. I know it sounds a bit like the suspension on my bumpy "driveway" but it's not.

Appreciate 0