E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I Wanted It To Be a Surprise But...

10-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #23
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rismo123 View Post
Hi Greg (I believe)

Another thing I was thinking about, isn't it that the ECU is managing temps quite sophisticated as in; while running under normal load the engine head is kept on normal temp but while on heavy load the temp is higher, which is besided of the combustion also manipulated by the ecu?

In short, the engine increases the temp of the engine head under heavy load. I believe Shiv stated such a thing some days / weeks ago....

Would adding a radiator not affect this? The reason I ask is that I get a lot of mixed oppinions about what temp the N54 should operate on....

What is your opinion about this?
Yes, what you are saying is correct, but some have had issues with seeing very high temps at the track. Berk Technologies had some seriously high temps and they needed something to help with the temps.

There's a point where no matter how hard the pump pumps, the radiator can only cool by so much. If another cooler is added then now the secondary cooler will cool the already cooled air that the primary cooler cooled.
This secondary cooler is great insurance if tracking or demanding a lot out of the engine.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #24
neilvosko
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92 FBO

wow, great post.

i wonder if for all of us that have upgraded to the dual oil kit we can use the OEM oil cooler as the extra radiator. that was my idea all along and thats why i kept my extra oil cooler. just buy the associated parts. just not sure where to mount it since have dual oil coolers allready.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #25
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Shame I'm coming to the partly late for all this stuff. I'll be ordering those parts and trying the same retrofit.

The question then becomes what can be done (if anything) about the intake?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #26
Javi335cc
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
I got into my little accident so now I can't install it.

I picked up all the parts needed to add the additional radiator. It took a while to get the parts because they had to come from Germany. Then I got into the accident 2 days before I received the parts.
Also, my Intake sort of prevents the install as well.

The main reason why I am posting here is because there were quite a few of use that were solely interested in these parts for the cooling instead of purchasing the entire BMW Perf Package but we couldn't find the part numbers..
If anyone is running a DCI or stock air box and wants extra cooling then this is definitely the mod for you.
You don't have to purchase the entire performance kit.

The parts that I picked up include:

-Radiator (17117602241)
-New hose to the pump (that Ts off to the additional radiator) (17127602294)
-New hose from the heater core to the main radiator (that Ts off to the additional radiator) (64219222129)
-Bracket for radiator (51647154545)
-Mounting hardware
Hi,are this references are right for a 2007 335i N54 ?thank you
Appreciate 0