E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CPO or non-CPO and buy EVP?

07-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
Elaborate Ruse
Rep
Drives: Two Foot Express

Question CPO or non-CPO and buy EVP?

Hi all,
I am looking at pre-owned '09 or '10 335i MT coupes for purchase within the next few weeks. My search started out on only CPO's, but as I have read on this forum, Extended Vehicle Protection is available for cars still in their factory warranty period.

After seeing the available CPO and non-CPO inventory and pricing (and working briefly with my local dealer), I am beginning to think that buying non-CPO from a private party and getting the EVP would be cheaper for similar/same coverage. So my questions are these:
  1. Can a subsequent owner of a car in the New Vehicle warranty period buy the EVP?
  2. Am I missing something with this potential plan that would make it an unviable option?

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
Fun w/N54
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335is AW/CR/DCT

When still under the 4/50, the owner can purchase any of the BMW EVPs from ANY BMW dealer so shop around. Power train, Gold (similar to CPO) and Platinum are available. After the 4/50 only the Power train plan is available. Note Platinum is ONLY one that covers the Navi. Down the road can be transferred to next owner or refunded (pro-rated of course).
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Elaborate Ruse
Rep
Drives: Two Foot Express

Thanks Fun. I would definitely shop around in that case, as another thread I read shows the wildly differing quotes from different dealers.

This is a pretty positive development since it opens up a larger number of vehicles for me. If anyone else has any thoughts on the matter, I'm happy to hear them as well.
Appreciate 0