E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Charity Go Kart Race for those in NYC & Northern NJ 6-26-11

06-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
DaveD08
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Charity Go Kart Race for those in NYC & Northern NJ 6-26-11

One of my neighbors is putting on this show and it would be great to have a bunch of local guys come out. He has an RS6 and is a real car enthusiast who is trying to help his friend who's son his this debilitating disease, any support would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Fellow Car Enthusiats,

Few of us car enthusiats are hosting a Charity Go Kart Race to raise awareness and funds to Fight against Leukodystrophy. A friend of ours' son is diagnosed with this very devastating and extremely rare genetic disorder. Most people coming out to the venue are pure car enthusiats. We held our very first event last year and had a blast racing amongst pure enthusiats in a well organized racing format. Thanks guys.

Help Fight Leukodystrophy by Going Super Fast at One of the Premier Indoor Race Tracks in the World!

Date: Sunday, June 26, 2011
Time: 12:00 PM FREE-BBQ Outing at Liberty State Park (3 minutes from Pole Position)
02:00 PM Opening Ceremony at Pole Position Raceway (Attendance Mandatory!)
Cost: $120 per person ($90 for race fee, and $30 donation to ULF.org)
Format: 3 qualifiers plus mains. Each person will race total 4 times.
Deadline: All entries must be submitted NO LATER than June 19th to JK_Racing@MSN.com

200 Morris Pesin Dr.
Jersey City, NJ 07305

Pole Position Raceway
99 Caven Point Road
Jersey City, NJ 07305

Help Fight Against Leukodystrophy! Leukodystrophy are a group of very devastating and rare genetic disorders that affect the central nervous system. The disorders are progressive, in that they get worse throughout the life of the patient, which are mostly children.

Event will commence with a Meet & Greet at Liberty State park, where there will be free BBQ Burgers and Hotdogs. Please bring your family and friends. (Attached is Map of the park) The second part of the venue will be at Pole Position Raceway, just 3 minutes from Liberty State Park. There will be a short opening ceremony to a. welcome everyone b. briefly explain how we can fight Leukodystrophy, and c. go over the racing rules. Oh, and there will be free prizes raffled off. The attendance to Opening Ceremony is mandatory, with no exceptions.

The format of the race will be 3 Qualifiers (average of 15 laps), and Single Mains. After the qualifiers, the drivers will transfer into single Mains, shuffled by the order of the fastest lap time. The Mains will be a grid start with a head-to-head finish. Pole Position is one of the Premier Indoor Go Kart Tracks in the country, with first class equipment and staff. All the karts are meticulously maintained by the Pole Position crew, and are very equal. The outcome of the Race will be strictly up to your racing skills!

Bring your entire family and enjoy Good Food, Competitive Racing, and Great Camaraderie amongst fellow racers. Come out and go Super Fast to Defeat Leukodystrophy!

The entries must be submitted by NO LATER than June 19th. If interested or have questions, please contact Jones at JK_Racing@MSN.com / Cell 718-930-3293.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

i wish i could but i've got work. bump for a great cause....
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
DaveD08
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

We are one week away from this event. And I desperately ask you guys to come out. There will be good food, cool cars (yours), great people, and great racing; all for a worthy cause (fight against leukodystrophy).

Here's a link to Story of Judson, a victim of Leukodystorphy. It's less than 4 minutes long. You'll get the gist of how devastating this disorder is.

If you are even remotely interested in coming out, please email the organizers. JK_Racing@msn.com
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
335xiRN
That's RACIST!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Garage List
wow that video broke my heart. it's amazing how fast he deteriorated. can't make the meet today, but my prayers go out to his family.

bump for a good cause.
      06-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
Mi2Wilson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

=( Wish i could make it also, but i'll be flying out that day. Not sure if you know the family personally, but please send my best to the family
E36 M3-----
Acura Integra GS-R turbo (she was my first)
Appreciate 0