E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Niner football!!!

01-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #419
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

I'd agree that someone in his position "could" represent himself in a way that the general population would prefer. But my philosophy in life is "who cares what other people think about me as long as I'm not doing anything wrong or hurting anyone in the process", so I can see Kaep's perspective too.

For me personally, it doesn't bother me. Just as it doesn't bother me the way Rex Ryan acts in the media. I think just because someone in a leadership position doesn't act according to the "norm" or how most of the general public would "excpect" that person to act, doesn't mean it's right or wrong. I think there are more important things in life than to worry about how someone portrays him or herself in the media.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #420
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

..or represents the team as it's leader? Guess I'm getting old.

Fair enough.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #421
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

You know, I get you and your point. I think your view on Kaep probably represents most of the general population. I'm not even saying I agree or disagree with you. All I'm saying is I get you.

I think my view is more in the minority, and my view on life leans more towards how Kaep presents himself to the public. I really don't care what others think of me so long as I'm not doing anything wrong. Kaep isn't, so I'm cool with his public persona. At the end of the day, Kaep, myself, and anyone else who chooses to present themselves this way is the person who has to deal with the consequences of their actions. I know I'm comfortable with it, and it seems Kaep is as well.

To me, it's more important to me what the people close to me (family and friends) think about me, rather than the public who knows nothing about me. Maybe Kaep is the same, cuz the locker room sure has his back and he is close with his family.

But you know, everyone's view and philosophy on life is hugely influenced by the way they were raised and the surroundings they grew up in . I was born and raised in SF, then went onto college in Berkeley, both cities being very liberal and open to many different philosophies on life.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #422
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Well I was born in SF as well and it's not like we are bastion for the GOP up here () but I hear ya.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #423
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

oh nice. I know we are passionate about our football, but at the end of the day, it's just f'ing football so who the hell cares how a football player presents himself to the public. #BigPicture
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #424
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Agreed with everything you two just said. He doesn't take on the stereotypical attire or style of an nfl quarterback. He's completely different. And I don't mind it. Kap is uptight with the media and dresses like a highschooler. Wilson on the other hand is different. He talks with the media with comfort and he dressed well after games. I like Wilson a lot I'll give you that as a 49er fan it's hard to not like him. But with that being said you guys can hate kap and that's fine. Part of a rivalry will have hate and some mutual respect.

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #425
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I like Wilson too. Great QB, very polished.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #426
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

High schooler, yes, that's right on the mark. Wilson is polished for being so young but with the recent play he's going to have to pull a rabbit (or run like one) to get a win this week. At this point Id take a little less media polish for a little high school if he played better.

Nobody has explained the Beats commercial yet....
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #427
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

There's nothing to address about the commercial. Idea comes from the marketing agency, not kaep or any other actor in it. Again, it's fantasy. It's entertainment. No big deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #428
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
There's nothing to address about the commercial. Idea comes from the marketing agency, not kaep or any other actor in it. Again, it's fantasy. It's entertainment. No big deal.
SO essentially the marketing Dept doesn't actually follow sports. That the Zen moment he experiences wearing beats 'phones doesn't actually translate into a win in Seattle. Now if he wins this weekend, then I could see them running that sucker 24/7!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #429
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Not sure I'm following what point you're trying to make. I thought earlier you said that Kaep still hasn't won in seattle, so basically why the commerical. Regardless of your point, my point is "who the eff cares?". It's just entertainment. Again, I don't see the need to expend so much energy on "hating" kaep or harbaugh or any other football player. At the end of the day, it's just sports. It's entertainment.

After the commerical first aired, I read articles of seattle fans banning beats headphones. crazy if you ask me. way more important things in life to spend one's energy on. And if they really want to ban beats in seattle, they should tell wilson to stop wearing them too

Hate is a strong word. I understand the passion for one's team, but when people start saying they hate certain players or coaches, it boggles my mind. Football is not worth stroking out for.

Here's an example of why I think it's more important to judge someone by how they are as a person, rather than how they dress or present themselves in public to people who don't them. Look up Camp Taylor and how kaep supports it. The story behind it is he was adopted by his parents because they had lost their own kids due to heart disease. Kaepernick is appreciative of the life given to him and thus giving back in a way that touches his parents' hearts and of course those kids in the camp. So at the end of the day, does it really matter how he dresses or that he doesn't talk to the media? Belichick doesn't talk to the media either. But behind closed doors, he's supposed to be a funny dude, probably to those people close to him

Last edited by tbone28; 01-13-2014 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #430
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Whoa, whoa...., I didn't mean all that. I was just saying they should hold off with the "Overcoming the odds/drown out the haters with Beats Audio" commercial until they actually win in Seattle. The whole point of it is that he's getting off the bus in Seattle with rabid knuckle dragging violent fans. He puts on the phones and he's in his Zen place and all is well. Only he then proceeds to lose the game (so far). If it were my commercial I'd have done a bit more research but I guess no one else cares.

My feelings about him and Harbaugh is completely relative to sports in that they are the most visual aspect of "the enemy". Again, "Hate" relative to Sports rivalry, that is all.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #431
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Oh gotcha. Must've misinterpreted you cuz some of your posts are written with a lot of passion.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #432
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

guys. shut up.

i want percy harvin to play, so bad........
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #433
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

you'll need percy. you guys need as much offense as you can get. your offensive rut reminds me of the niners offensive rut earlier in the season. But, even w/o percy, if the niners can't tackle #Beast, we won't win.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #434
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

muddafukin Sherman

01-14-2014, 05:29 AM   #435
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

i still never knew why he socked sherman, he was giving rg3 compliments and then all of a sudden he jus blew up...maybe something earlier in the game.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #436
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
guys. shut up.

i want percy harvin to play, so bad........

LOL

SO Trevor, what do you think our chances are?

Last edited by Wraith.; 01-15-2014 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #437
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post

Here's an example of why I think it's more important to judge someone by how they are as a person, rather than how they dress or present themselves in public to people who don't them. Look up Camp Taylor and how kaep supports it. The story behind it is he was adopted by his parents because they had lost their own kids due to heart disease. Kaepernick is appreciative of the life given to him and thus giving back in a way that touches his parents' hearts and of course those kids in the camp. So at the end of the day, does it really matter how he dresses or that he doesn't talk to the media? Belichick doesn't talk to the media either. But behind closed doors, he's supposed to be a funny dude, probably to those people close to him
Never judge a book by its cover...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...l?sf21623955=1
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #438
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

..of course there's another side. What you won't find is Russell posing with his shoe collection or anything of the like.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #439
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

and what does posing with shoes show about him as a person? what do our flashy car mods show about us? How do people who aren't into modding their cars think we are? Are we show offs because we have fancy rims? It means nothing

To play devil's advocate, those who post pics of their charity events have sometimes been called insincere. If one wants to do charitable work, just do it. No need to advertise it via social media/media.

Point: Hard to judge one's soul or intentions via what one chooses to pose with or not pose with.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #440
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
LOL

SO Trevor, what do you think are chances are?

I don't know. because wes welker got a concussion and missed 3 weeks... so i'm leaning towards him being a no-go. we won't know till thurs fri probably.
Appreciate 0