E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > e93 leather care

01-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
cialz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i 07

e93 leather care

Hi Guys

I know the e93 have a special treated seat for uv protection etc.

just wondering if there are any special products I should stay away from to treat and clean the leather seats so I wont ruin this layer of protection.

Thanks,

Lz
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

The main thing is to not "over-clean" the leather and apply any oily conditioners, etc. You want to wipe it down with a damp cloth and make sure the dirt, dust and oils are removed on a regular basis. Aside from wiping it down like that, Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil followed by Leatherique Prestine Clean work really well to clean and protect the leather while also leaving a clean, matte surface.

There are two very good articles on the DI Ask-A-Pro Blog that highlight Leatherique treatments... One is the general Leatherique Leather Care How-To and the other a more specific Leatherique Prestine Clean Product Review.

For more info on maintaining leather and the interior, we have a good Interior Detailing Guide on our website. Keep in mind though, even with something mild and safe like Leatherique, you don't wan to do it unless necessary. I normally try to wipe down the leather every few washes and then do a Leatherique treatment once a year or so.

Hope that helps!

Ivan @ DI
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
cialz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i 07

thanks for that
Appreciate 0