E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > JOB OPENINGS: Dinan

01-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

JOB OPENINGS: Dinan

While a great many folks are transplanting from California to our new home in Opelika, Alabama next month there are also some that will not be coming along for the ride. Those positions need to be recruited and filled ASAP to make the transition as seamless as possible.

So, over the next few days you will begin seeing a variety of job postings on http://www.dpbrands.com/job-openings/.

If you are in the area and have an immense passion for European vehicles I would encourage you to apply and potentially be part of the combined Dinan/APR team. For a car enthusiast you couldn't ask for a more rewarding job surrounded by the best people and technology the industry has to offer.
Appreciate 1
CRCE902.00
      02-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Joining with APR, huh? Congrats and good luck! I've always enjoyed the APR BBQ's (since they were in a shack) and felt like it was a pretty dang cool place.

I just clicked your link and see that you are now both part of DP Brands. Is the entirety of Dinan moving to Opelika? Will y'all share a facility? If so, are you growing the footprint of the APR facility (they certainly have the room)?

If I was closer, I'd apply. But 2 hours is too long a commute for this guy. I highly recommend reaching out to Auburn University (both the Auburn Career Center as well as the Business School's OPCD - Office of Professional Career Development) as there are always intelligent, driven students there looking for work, both for while they're in school as well as post-graduation. That said, I'm sure APR already knows this. ;-)

Welcome to Alabama and WAR EAGLE!!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Joining with APR, huh? Congrats and good luck! I've always enjoyed the APR BBQ's (since they were in a shack) and felt like it was a pretty dang cool place.

I just clicked your link and see that you are now both part of DP Brands. Is the entirety of Dinan moving to Opelika? Will y'all share a facility? If so, are you growing the footprint of the APR facility (they certainly have the room)?

If I was closer, I'd apply. But 2 hours is too long a commute for this guy. I highly recommend reaching out to Auburn University (both the Auburn Career Center as well as the Business School's OPCD - Office of Professional Career Development) as there are always intelligent, driven students there looking for work, both for while they're in school as well as post-graduation. That said, I'm sure APR already knows this. ;-)

Welcome to Alabama and WAR EAGLE!!
All of Dinan is moving to Alabama and will be in the same building as APR. We will be run as 2 different companies within the same building (separate dedicated sales, engineering, production, etc). There will undoubtedly be some collaboration but the companies will remain completely distinct from one another. For the near term the building will remain the same although we already know it will get cramped pretty quickly with how both brands are growing. Plans are already underway to grow the campus as a result.

Well aware of the benefits Auburn will provide but we wanted to reach out to the forum community as well in particular for the tech support positions as we have had good success in the past finding "diamonds in the rough" in this sphere. While its not common there are occasionally people on the boards who ACTUALLY know what they are talking about. =)
Appreciate 0