E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Dumbest M3 owner?

08-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Thumbs down Dumbest M3 owner?

Twas the second day yesterday that I have seen this E92 owner at Hellfrauds...

Day 1. I went to get some WD40 Silicone and there he was saying: "My gongs have gone. My PDC doesn't work anymore." So they re-wired it somehow... no idea how they installled it.

Day 2... I went past the Hellfrauds to the Wickes to get some building supplies and there he was again... "I've got buzzing in my speakers now. I can hear a low hummmmmmm.." So he was having his bass-tube disconnected by them.

Why oh why you dumb ass would you take such a beautiful M3 and give it to the incompetent hands that know nothing about the cars audio.

It gets better... after the uninstall he took it to the £3 European Jet-Wash across the car park... I watched on as they dropped the wash mit on the gritty ground... and rubbed it in to clean his car...

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
TAM11M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i SE E90

Ahh what a waste...

I did work at hellfrauds for a little while and I think I was the best employee they had. My manors people kept thanking me for. My knowledge of all aspects of a car people found really helpful and the management loved that I knew how to sell and people kept buying. Especially car cleaning.

Got the job from walking in. Manager met me. Asked if I knew how to work on cars so I gave him a taste of my knowledge. He was so impressed. Hired me on the spot and said come in Sunday and just fill in the application form for the paperwork. What a laugh! Brilliant way to get a job!

Most I had a guy spend was when had already picked up a bucket. Wash sponge and some car washing soap and wax. I asked if he's ok. Got talking to see he wants to have his young son start earning his pocket money by washing his car. I ask what car. Ferrari cali.. To my shock I told him to put it all down bar the bucket. explained everything to him. And our he went spending £150.. but he was so happy to and kept saying thanks.

Another guy wanted to have his car freshened up. He saw I knew about the polishing. So he arranged he drop the car off my house for a day and have me clay, Polish, wax the car. Best money I had in ages for one day and it was a lovely 330i e92 Black.

Then the company tried being idiots to me so I quit.

Funny stories of my life haha
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Cool

That was actually quite funny and entertaining. Cheers for that.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
TAM11M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Fox View Post
That was actually quite funny and entertaining. Cheers for that.
Glad you liked it mate, honestly did enjoy working there, pay wasnt great or anything, I knew I could get a better job easily, infact I was already working at Waitrose I just wanted something different to do with my time, I just enjoyed the serve I could give to customers, and how nice it was to work at a shop with car stuff. Shame that they tried to be right dicks to me at the end.

New manager, I asked for EID off, (last year) Got a guy to cover, arranged it with another manager, on the day get a phone call from Branch manager saying 'its a shame you didnt turn up and didnt arrange cover, shame you decided to leave like this'

I straight away rang back after hearing it, explained the other guy was meant to cover and that the other section manager knew, and agree'd to it, he says come in on your next shift to talk about it.

Next shift im ready to work, pansy manager comes over, takes me to the back to have a chat, says for me to decide option one or two, to either quit or get fired.

I kicked off, knowing my rights, my sister is a lawyer and my brothers best mates work as retail managers, stated my rights, wrote a letter of complaint, stating everyones names and times of phone calls and everything, talked about unfair dismissal. How I have worked and others havent come in, why werent they told to leave, why was I? was this racial discrimination?

They crapped themselves, branch manager comes over saying sorry to me and really pleaded me not to go and to reconsider, I said straight thats why letter and look forward to speaking to head of hellfrauds.

I didnt follow it up, wasn't worth it, wouldn't be worth the time and effort but was such a funny story so I thought might as well share it here.

I am normally a quiet guy, very kind and polite, but do me wrong then expect me to stand up for myself. Not someone to be walked over!

Also sorry for the thread jacking :P
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Nice story and thanks, I know a lot of people slate Galfords but I have met a couple of decent knowledgable chaps who work there.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
I agree that there are a couple of decent, knowledgable guys there. Problem is that there are 100's employed across the country so that makes a very small % who are any good.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
Boz335i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

I was in Halfords in MK last weekend and I was gobsmacked at the conversation a girl working in there had with her colleague.

Fella (who I assume must have been the manager) walks over to a young girl assistant (prob 16-18 years old) and tells her to go around and see if any customers need any help, then he points to a bloke (not me) and says "go and help him, he looks like he's looking for something."

She goes and helps, then strides over to the manager and at the top of her voice for all and sundry to hear. "THANKS A LOT".
Manager says "what for"
She says "FOR MAKING ME SERVE AN UGLY BLOKE"
Manager "ha ha don't be stupid"
Girl "IN FUTURE I ONLY WANT TO SERVE YOUNG FIT BLOKES"
Manager then laughs it off as all of the customers are looking over, including the 'ugly bloke'
If I was him I would have kicked off, but he carried on without a word.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
richk84
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

I never understand why people go to them cheap car washes, especially if they have a high end/expensive car.

For most people your car is the second largest purchase you will make after your home, why let a stranger ruin it!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
TAM11M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz335i View Post
I was in Halfords in MK last weekend and I was gobsmacked at the conversation a girl working in there had with her colleague.

Fella (who I assume must have been the manager) walks over to a young girl assistant (prob 16-18 years old) and tells her to go around and see if any customers need any help, then he points to a bloke (not me) and says "go and help him, he looks like he's looking for something."

She goes and helps, then strides over to the manager and at the top of her voice for all and sundry to hear. "THANKS A LOT".
Manager says "what for"
Manager then laughs it off as all of the customers are looking over, including the 'ugly bloke'
Wow... no offence but where was the guys pride and honor for taking something like that... so rude.

But yeah even where I worked some people knew there stuff others just.. well they are just there really thats it.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by richk84 View Post
I never understand why people go to them cheap car washes, especially if they have a high end/expensive car.

For most people your car is the second largest purchase you will make after your home, why let a stranger ruin it!
Because many see it as a tool, at best a toy, it is just a piece of metal, many can't be arsed to stroke a car.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #11
detachngo
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport Business Edit

What if you buy a high end car but you've never washed a car before?

Do you trust the local car wash or do you trust yourself to do something you've never done before?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz335i View Post

Manager says "what for"
She would have got a slap on her face...

with my cock.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #13
impys
Impys
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
She would have got a slap on her face...

with my cock.
LMAO
Appreciate 0