E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > WTB: 335i Coupe, Auto

04-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #45
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCorky View Post
I'm sorry but you've just officially invalidated your opinion by quoting that gang of scammers!
I was just going to say that. Big Motoring World are a set of absolute thieving bastards. Never listen to them. If anyone ever negotiates with me based on anything they suggested, I would probably negotiate more strongly in the other direction.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #46
joeyt
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Well proof is in what theyve sold matey. There cars sold. The over priced toot hasnt. Proof isnin the pudding.

anyway went out today and bought myself a 57 reg 335i m sport today, logic 7, professional nav. Mv4 alloys, pe exhaust 30k on the clock with extended warranty........

12,500. A properly priced car imo.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 02:29 AM   #47
Turk88
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCorky View Post
I'm sorry but you've just officially invalidated your opinion by quoting that gang of scammers!
He invalidated his opinion long ago in my book. Im not sure why i, or anyone else is bothering to respond.

You're moaning about the current price of a car you have bought and sold 3 times already! These cars have been in production for what, 7-8 years? You are now on your 4th. Why, if you are so concerned about money, have you seemingly spent thousands on performance parts, and thousands in depreciation? How about holding onto a car instead of buying the same model 4 times over.

Market builder? You sure you're not a car builder the rate you're going through them?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 05:40 AM   #48
joeyt
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk88 View Post
He invalidated his opinion long ago in my book. Im not sure why i, or anyone else is bothering to respond.

You're moaning about the current price of a car you have bought and sold 3 times already! These cars have been in production for what, 7-8 years? You are now on your 4th. Why, if you are so concerned about money, have you seemingly spent thousands on performance parts, and thousands in depreciation? How about holding onto a car instead of buying the same model 4 times over.

Market builder? You sure you're not a car builder the rate you're going through them?

Invalidated my point. Ok matey. Hahahaha. Just sit on the usual car site and watch nothing sell. Its not hard. And like me youll watch nothing sell unless its priced properly.

I just bought a car perfect spec for the right money did I not.

iv had three because I bought one and sold it for a cosworth impreza hatch.
my second one was a vert and I sold it in 2 weeks as it handled like a boat and was much slower then a coupe.
so went through a few little cars and bought another 335i. Sold it to expand my business even though I really didnt want to. And now I'm back where I was.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 06:10 AM   #49
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
I actually wrote a little tracker script when I was buying mine that still checks auto trader, I have the trends and price history going back a fair bit now and it is not hard to see when a car is over priced.

Some ferrari/maserati garage had a 57 plate vert up for £22k a little while back! It was in great condition and Le Mans blue, but still insane money. Also only had MV3's so not top spec really. They knocked a few grand off that in the ad price after a couple of months of dreaming and probably sold it for 4-5k less than their initial price.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #50
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyt View Post
Well proof is in what theyve sold matey. There cars sold. The over priced toot hasnt. Proof isnin the pudding.

anyway went out today and bought myself a 57 reg 335i m sport today, logic 7, professional nav. Mv4 alloys, pe exhaust 30k on the clock with extended warranty........

12,500. A properly priced car imo.
The reason Big Motoring World cars are cheap (and therefore sell) is likely to be because they are all unregistered flood/theft/fire damaged shite repaired to a barely acceptable condition.

I couldn't give a fuck how much volume they shift, if a buyer compared my car to one of theirs I would suggest that the buyer might be looking at the wrong criteria - IE - he is looking for the cheapest price, and not neccessarily the best value for money. Two things which are very different.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #51
joeyt
Banned
Rep

Big motoring world sell some good cars. I worked in a bmw garage in cambridge and wee used to sell them out approaved used cars when they were outdated for the forecourt.
They are a huge business. They cant sell shit or else they would be closed down. But either way I hot a good price on mine. So im all hood.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:44 AM   #52
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Big motoring world sell some good cars. I worked in a bmw garage in cambridge and wee used to sell them out approaved used cars when they were outdated for the forecourt.
They are a huge business. They cant sell shit or else they would be closed down. But either way I hot a good price on mine. So im all hood.
Trust me on this, they are thieves who sell shite. Glad you got a good deal, hope you didn't buy from them!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:56 AM   #53
norman1979
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: V8 M3

Sounds like your the timewaster tbh. It doesn't matter what you think about the prices of cars. If you do not want to pay the market rate. Then dont pay it - simple. Keep your money, buy something else and stop complaining about them
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #54
Eazy
Rep
Drives: none

this guy is a dreamer.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #55
joeyt
Banned
Rep

Haha. A dreamer. I just bought one you numpty. 30k miles, 57 reg, full spec, 1 owner 12,500.

All I was saying is that cars dont go up in value. Bme trade price is 9k for a typical 2006 car.

So essentially what will happen is one of you two above will buy a car private for 13k then decide to trade it 6 months later and wonder why your only getting 8k trade in.

If the private market overprices. Dealers follow suit.yet when buying from you the dealers give you trade. Leaving you at a loss of 5k.

You call.me a dreamer for having cash to buy a 3rd car. A toy if you will instead of drivng my touareg or my 911 as my touareg is a 5ltr v10 and drinks fuel and is no fun. And my porsche is a 997 gt spec with only 15k and I will keep it low mileage till I pass it on to someone else that can do the same.

Anyway. Iv got a car now. So you guys are welcome to over spend on a car all you like now.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:59 AM   #56
littlejohno
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 130I M Sport

Any pics of the cars
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #57
joeyt
Banned
Rep

Its in being wrapped already. Ill get pics up monday or tuesday when its finished.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #58
littlejohno
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 130I M Sport

Cool what finish you having
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #59
joeyt
Banned
Rep

Matt met blue. Had my previous 335i in it. I had to sell when I didnt want to so im going to recreate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #60
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
God no. They want 15k for cars that book at 9k. Its worse than the private ads iv seen recently. Lol thats the main reason people think their cars are worth more than they are because dealers hike thier prices up so far.

If not im going to buy an m5 or an rs4 as its just easier. I just fancied another 335i.
Dealers do hike their prices up, but I don't see many dealers with cars that high. Certainly not that premium over a £9k car. If you are looking to buy a £9k 335i, an M5 isn't in the budget.

Quote:
Looked at a nice 335i earlier. But the stereo was base and sounded awful. The car was well priced. 56 reg, 54k, full history, sunroof, 19" alloys, I drive etc etc. 9,750. Unfortunately the car had sold on the way to view it. It had been for sale for 6 hours. A correctly priced car sells fast. The rest that are sat on autotrader will be there till time stops at this rate.
A car that is cheap sell fast.

Quote:
Ill pay any acceptable price for a car. I still think its laughable that 90% of the 335i's for sale private or trade have all been up for sale well over 3 weeks with no sale. Allot of listing are up now for the second time so over 4 weeks. No sale and no movement on price. Cars dont go up in price. I think any seller with an over priced car clearly wants to keep it so they may aswell take them down from sale and save themselves the add fees as they wont be going anywhere.
3 weeks isn't that much to sell a car. Very few people have 10,000 notes sitting in the bank in this finance driven world.

Quote:
No nav in the top one. I just dont understsnd a bmw with no I-drive. A yaris comes with a screen standard. Who didnt spec it I dont know. Lol

Yeah they have gotten higher. People are asking close to those 09/59 reg prices with as you said and "outdated" 06/56/07/57 reg.

Oh and convertables have dropped. I can get 57 reg, fully loaded 335i's for 12k from dealer atm. But the back end is not for me, id never use it and they are far slower than a coupe 335i.
Loads of BMWs don't have idrive. What Yaris' had similar 8 years ago?

What puts you in a position to criticise people who didn't spec idrive? They possibly couldn't justify the cost on a £40k car. You have to buy it after all the the car has depreciated.

After all your talk about £9k 335is you have paid nearly 40% more. Obviously the cars you desired and spent this thread fighting about don't really exist.

I'm not sure if you set out to sound like a as you did, but you come across very badly.

Glad you've got a car. Hopefully your homework paid off.

Last edited by Kerr; 04-26-2014 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0