E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Dinan with Bilstein

01-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Dinan with Bilstein

Will the Dinan supplemental ride quality kit work with bilstein sport shocks in the rear?
Part# DIN-D1939001
I'm looking for more control in there rear. Anything else I'll need when doing the rear shocks.
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
thakid22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw M340i M-Sport w/ VDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
Will the Dinan supplemental ride quality kit work with bilstein sport shocks in the rear?
Part# DIN-D1939001
I'm looking for more control in there rear. Anything else I'll need when doing the rear shocks.
Are you lowered?
You mention Sport Bilsteins, so I guess so.

I added Bilstein HD shocks to my stock 330i with Sport Package.
Combined with the Dinan Rear Upper strut mounts, the Rear of the car was PERFECT.
No bounce, no hop, no float under any conditions.

The key here is the Rear Upper Strut mounts. They transform the solidity of the rear. So much so that I then noticed a bit of vertical motion in the front suspension over some surfaces and bumps.

In any event, it looks like the kit you are referring to includes the revised upper rear strut mounts. If so, you will be pleased, no doubt.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 05:46 PM   #3
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakid22 View Post
Are you lowered?
You mention Sport Bilsteins, so I guess so.

I added Bilstein HD shocks to my stock 330i with Sport Package.
Combined with the Dinan Rear Upper strut mounts, the Rear of the car was PERFECT.
No bounce, no hop, no float under any conditions.

The key here is the Rear Upper Strut mounts. They transform the solidity of the rear. So much so that I then noticed a bit of vertical motion in the front suspension over some surfaces and bumps.

In any event, it looks like the kit you are referring to includes the revised upper rear strut mounts. If so, you will be pleased, no doubt.
Okay thank you. I have Eibach pro-kit so maybe half an inch or so lower than the sport package. I liked the HD's a lot, like you said no bounce, hop or float.
I was thinking about getting the rears with sports version with European valving since those are my front struts. Replaced them because of bad strut mounts and already had some miles on them.

Though they do have a bit of bounce over small bumps or maybe it's the strong rebound rate. Maybe it's the old hard worn out tires (PSS) they barely passed inspection. It's bearable but it is stiffish. I'm putting on my winter tires tomorrow which are super soft so I'll see how the car rides then.

I really don't know what to do in the rear come spring time. I'll see how the front acts with new PSS tires and a little wider from 225 to 235.
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0