E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > JBL MS8 issues and interference

06-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
Minisi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i

JBL MS8 issues and interference

hi all recently purchased a 335i with the following sound system

- Morel Integra Ovation Rear
- Morel Integra Ovation Center
- JBL MS8 Audio Processor
- SWS 8, underseat subs
- Morel 12" Sub in a custom corner enclosure
- Audison LRX 6.9 Amp
- Audison LRX 4.1 Amp

when i got the car, the system wasn't working as the remote signals had been disconnected from both amps as the owner said the mechanics had disconnected them when they removed the birds suspension to put suspension back to standard.

any way connected the remotes up and the speakers are buzzing really loud even with stereo off ( standard head unit) i can fade the buzzing out by turning head unit up but the buzzing is constantly there. it sound awful.

re-grounded both amps and ms8 to same spot but hasn't changed a thing.

with power to the amps and processor if i remove any of the Rca's the speakers and sub pop and bang very loud.

i was assured that the system was in perfect order before the suspension was removed but just don't know where to start with this???

do i have to have the mic and display unit for the JBL ms8 to calibarate it as i haven't got these??

Also another very annoying thing is that any warning bongs and the parking sensors are amplified and very very loud which scares the crap out of me every time i need to fill up fuel or parking car

any help greatly appreciated. at the moment i have pulled the fuse on the ms8 as it is that bad. at least i have bmwp exhaust to listen to
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 07:14 AM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minisi View Post
hi all recently purchased a 335i with the following sound system

- Morel Integra Ovation Rear
- Morel Integra Ovation Center
- JBL MS8 Audio Processor
- SWS 8, underseat subs
- Morel 12" Sub in a custom corner enclosure
- Audison LRX 6.9 Amp
- Audison LRX 4.1 Amp

when i got the car, the system wasn't working as the remote signals had been disconnected from both amps as the owner said the mechanics had disconnected them when they removed the birds suspension to put suspension back to standard.

any way connected the remotes up and the speakers are buzzing really loud even with stereo off ( standard head unit) i can fade the buzzing out by turning head unit up but the buzzing is constantly there. it sound awful.

re-grounded both amps and ms8 to same spot but hasn't changed a thing.

with power to the amps and processor if i remove any of the Rca's the speakers and sub pop and bang very loud.

i was assured that the system was in perfect order before the suspension was removed but just don't know where to start with this???

do i have to have the mic and display unit for the JBL ms8 to calibarate it as i haven't got these??

Also another very annoying thing is that any warning bongs and the parking sensors are amplified and very very loud which scares the crap out of me every time i need to fill up fuel or parking car

any help greatly appreciated. at the moment i have pulled the fuse on the ms8 as it is that bad. at least i have bmwp exhaust to listen to
You do need the display and headphone to calibrate.
By the sounds of it, your gains are adjusted very high
      06-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #3
Minisi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
You do need the display and headphone to calibrate.
By the sounds of it, your gains are adjusted very high
you were spot on mate. gains were high put them all to just above minimum and all was good for about 5 minutes and then the sound went all together. nothing at all now. I'm away from home this weekend aswell so can't check anything.
Appreciate 0