E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Advice: Freshly repainted front end--proper care prior to clearbra application

02-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
E92mech
E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 Le Mans M-Sport

Advice: Freshly repainted front end--proper care prior to clearbra application

Hi all,

Last month I had an unfortunate incident where a dump truck on the interstate dumped heavy gravel on the road in front of me at highway speed. I sustained damage to my front bumper cover, hood, windshield, etc... Insurance is taking care of the whole thing and I am about to get my car back from the certified BMW independent shop where they have essentially repainted my whole front end. (Glasurit water-based paint, etc...)

My question: What is the best detailing regimen for me to use in the next 2 weeks while I await the end of the paint drying period? My intention is to wrap the car in Xpel Ultimate ASAP in order to try to avoid a similar situation in the future.

2010 LeMans Blue E92 M-Sport

Much obliged-
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
ddas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Daytona Violet M3

No wax.
Keep it clean with p21s total auto wash when there is anything a wash doesn't clean up.
Soft/clean wash media and dry with forced air.
Appreciate 0