Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Question about VMR V710s

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
juss20
Point Forward
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 X5

Question about VMR V710s

I have stock wheels on my E90, Year 2007. Was looking into changing it all up and wanted some help and advice. Found this setup when I came across this post:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...v710+m3&page=5

Where should I pick these up from?
What kind of tires do I need to pick up/what sizes for front and rear?
The OP said that he experienced some rubbing, so I just wanted to be clear of that. Am pretty new at all of this so any help would be appreciated.
I am looking to buy off JLevi's site: http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/Whee...duct_info.html

What would I choose off that site for no rubing?

THanks.

Last edited by juss20; 05-05-2009 at 11:19 PM.. Reason: Add to post
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
CV335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 MCS

The main reason the setup longtran posted was rubbing is because those wheels had an M3 offset which is more aggressive than a normal e90/92. If you go with the regular offsets 35 front and 33 rear you should not have any problems. I believe this offset is the same for the 18" and 19" 710 wheels. Most people go with 8.5" wide wheels for the front and 9.5" for the rear wheels. You can chose to have all for wheels with 8.5" with no problem.

Regarding tires, it is a matter of preference. The most popular choices (and more expensive) tires are the Michelin PS2 and Goodyear Asymmetric. However, many people seem to like the General Exclaim, Falken 452 and the Nitto Invos, among others.

Where to buy...most vendors in this forum have the VMR wheels available. If you are interested in getting the wheels powdercoated to a specific color send a PM to Bobby@Bavarianx or Hubert@supremepower. Either vendor will be able to offer you a tire/wheel package with TMPS and already balanced so all you need to do is installed them at home.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

As cv335 said pm bobby@bavarianx has some great service!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Wow! Carlos basically just summed everything up in a nutshell. It looks like your ready to work here as a VMR rep.

Everything Carlos has said is right. The custmer is running M3 offset wheels which are very aggressive for a non-M body. If you are looking for a direct bolt-on fitment, then a 8.5 +35 with a 235 and a 9.5 +33 with a 265/275 tire is a perfect setup. No rubbing issues what so ever at stock/sport height.

OEM hardware may be used and no spacers required.

Feel free to take a look under the Vendors Wheel/Tire section. We do have a large abundance of authorized dealers that you can safely place an order with.

-Charles@VMRWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV335 View Post
The main reason the setup longtran posted was rubbing is because those wheels had an M3 offset which is more aggressive than a normal e90/92. If you go with the regular offsets 35 front and 33 rear you should not have any problems. I believe this offset is the same for the 18" and 19" 710 wheels. Most people go with 8.5" wide wheels for the front and 9.5" for the rear wheels. You can chose to have all for wheels with 8.5" with no problem.

Regarding tires, it is a matter of preference. The most popular choices (and more expensive) tires are the Michelin PS2 and Goodyear Asymmetric. However, many people seem to like the General Exclaim, Falken 452 and the Nitto Invos, among others.

Where to buy...most vendors in this forum have the VMR wheels available. If you are interested in getting the wheels powdercoated to a specific color send a PM to Bobby@Bavarianx or Hubert@supremepower. Either vendor will be able to offer you a tire/wheel package with TMPS and already balanced so all you need to do is installed them at home.
      05-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
juss20
Point Forward
Canada
Rep

One last thing

That was pretty damn quick. Thanks for all the info.
Um the only thing is, I don't know if I am repeating myself, but is there NO way to have M3 offsets on but have no rubbing at the same time?

In other words, what is the closest set up to the car in my OP without having any problems later on? I like the look of how it sticks out a bit but I don't know if that is the basic problem at hand. Thanks guys.

And after all is said and done - what color rims do you guys think goes well with my montego blue?

Can't keep looking at that tiag e90...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
CV335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Wow! Carlos basically just summed everything up in a nutshell. It looks like your ready to work here as a VMR rep.
Charles, are you guys hiring???
Quote:
Originally Posted by juss20 View Post
Um the only thing is, I don't know if I am repeating myself, but is there NO way to have M3 offsets on but have no rubbing at the same time?

In other words, what is the closest set up to the car in my OP without having any problems later on? I like the look of how it sticks out a bit but I don't know if that is the basic problem at hand. Thanks guys.

And after all is said and done - what color rims do you guys think goes well with my montego blue?

The thing about the M3 offsets (like the thread you are obssesed about ) is that if you later decide to buy coilovers and drop/lower the car you will have clearance issues and will need to roll the fenders and do some other modifications. As you have clearly stated that you don't want to deal with modifications, the safest setup would be to buy the regular 35/33 offsets. If after you put in the wheels you think they look tucked-in and want them to stick out a little more, you can always put spacers. Just make sure the spacers you get come with extended lug bolts and you are good to go.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
VMRWheels
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:

Like Carlos said, there would be no possible way to run M3 offsets without rolling fenders. This is a very aggressive fitment.

I would stick with the +35/33 fitments and call it a day.

Here's a shot of the Hyper Black's I think would look great on the car.

-Charles@VMRWheels
www.vmrwheels.com

05-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

You'll be fine with m3 offsets! 1) Rounded Tires ie Toyo T1R's 2) Roll those rear fenders 3) may or may not need camber adjustment

I'm on lowered H&R sport springs running m3 offset Linea corse, exact same offsets with V710 m3 offsets except more agressive with the 10" in the rear and with T1R tires, havent rubbed once even with people in the back! Now i'll be getting m3 offsets same one as LWL's V710's on my car and i'm confident it'll be fine!

235 and 265 is the tires used 8.5 and 10 i believe. I have spacers in the front just to match up to those V710 m3 offset styles and everythings fine!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
juss20
Point Forward
Canada
Rep

More Pics with Hyperblack or Gunmetal?

If any of you guys have the time, could you guys find some pictures exactly like the one Charles@VMRWheels put up?

I am not convinced on the black or gunmetal yet? Don't know if it goes that well with the montego blue.

Thanks in advance. And thanks for the input. Will be getting these soon.
      05-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Here is another shot of hyperblack:

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
Bimmerbaby
Midget General
Rep
Drives: Montego blue...car

Quote:

To me the silver finish looks great on a MB. Yes i need a drop. This is on non-sport setup, so yours would be a little lower. I believe my setup is 18x9.5 +35 all around, with 15 spacers in the back. Long would know more if you have questions.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259569
      05-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #12
VMRWheels
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerbaby View Post
To me the silver finish looks great on a MB. Yes i need a drop. This is on non-sport setup, so yours would be a little lower. I believe my setup is 18x9.5 +35 all around, with 15 spacers in the back. Long would know more if you have questions.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259569
Your car looks great! Silver does suit it well, its very classy IMO. After a drop, the car would look perfect.

-Charles@VMRWheels
www.vmrwheels.com