E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > **********s.com

12-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Thumbs down **********s.com

On June 23 of this year, I ordered some KWv2's from James at **********s... he gave me a great deal and was very professional about it.

I received the KWv2's in a timely manner, but it did not come with spanner wrenches! I immediately contacted James and he said he would get on it... I waited, and waited and waited... one month went by, and James (and other mod bargains employees) politely said they were working on it, etc. but after over a dozen phonecalls and PM's, NOTHING got done.

After nearly 2 months of waiting, I finally ended up calling KW myself and obtained a set of spanner wrenches.

Recently I had some problems with my UUC sway bar (also purchased from **********s) flipping up, and I had heard that there was a revision in the bar since I had purchased it... I contacted Ron************ who was very nice and said he would call UUC for me and see if he could get me a replacement... that was one month ago, and not ONE WORD from him... once again, NOTHING got done.

I ended up calling UUC myself, and it turns out that there was no revision in the actual shape of the bar... they just took off the softest setting on the bar as it was causing the bar to flip up (I won't go into detail on that in this thread). Anyways, I got some tips on how to fix the problem directly from UUC and all is well now.

On June 23, I also ordered some CF roundel overlays... on the website, they advertise that the overlays should last 3-4 years... but it's been 5 months and the rear overlay is already 1/2 worn out. I contacted Tara at **********s this time and the last I heard, she contacted the vendor and is waiting to hear back. Although I am hoping she follows up on it, I'm not betting on it and am already assuming it's $30 down the drain.

The **********s employees are VERY friendly and really sound like they are going to help you, but they really don't. I feel like they're almost pretending to have customer support because it seems like nothing ever gets done.

Bottom Line: **********s is a decent place to purchase items, but don't count on the customer service... If something is broken or missing, you're on your own to fix it... they are very flaky and seem incapable of providing any reasonable amount of support.

Update: Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ron************ sent me a very sincere PM apologizing for not following up with me on the UUC sway bar problem and told me that **********s is working on a new system to prevent customers slipping through the cracks to improve their customer service. Here's the PM:

Quote:
I thank you for your response, as to the follow- up I understand the situation, it is something that we're already implementing a new system so that there is a continued follow-up and no one slips through the cracks. We've been building it with a team of programmers for months now and are continuing to work on the new system.

I believe it is our fault for not continuing to get you an update, I should have had some type of reminder on UUC as I had been waiting for their response back which they didn't provide to me because as they said they were moving.

Let me know there is any thing you may need in the future as I will try to earn your business which I understand we may have lost. We are investing heavily into some great new systems and a revamped website to better serve our customers into the future to avoid problems like this and many other things to improve the experience with our company. If I didn't care about our customers, I wouldn't be putting in 14hour days 5-6 days a week. I do care, and I am passionate about what we do and are doing for the community - this is obviously hard to convey via an email or when you haven't seen us here at work.

Let me know if you have any further questions for me or ideas or opinions, I am very open to suggestions and such. Also you are welcome to give me a call here at ************** at any time.

Best regards,

Ron
www.**********s.com
Seems to me like Ron really does care about his customers... I guess I was one of those customers who fell through the cracks and had a bad experience... twice (once for the KW's and once for the UUC sways). If what Ron is saying is indeed true, then hopefully nobody else will fall through the cracks and when that happens, **********s will be a great place to do business with.

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife

Last edited by skim7x; 12-24-2008 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
ouch... customer service is a lost art these days.

sorry to hear of your troubles... good thing going directly to the manufacturer seemed to work everything out on your end.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

bummer
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
335JB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E92

a problem with **********s? NEVER!

so many threads that pertain to them taking ur money. sending the item out and never wanting to deal with the buyer again when any problems arise. also its kind of ur fault for continuing to buy from them after so many problems. once is enough for me from any vendor. ill continue my streak of never buying from **********s thanks to this thread and the countless others in here as well as the ones that they requested be deleted

OEM Front Lip | Seibon CF Trunk | CF Kidney Grills | Painted Reflectors | GP Thunder Angels | ACS Roof Spoiler | Rear Fogs
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335JB View Post

so many threads that pertain to them taking ur money. sending the item out and never wanting to deal with the buyer again when any problems arise. also its kind of ur fault for continuing to buy from them after so many problems. once is enough for me from any vendor. ill continue my streak of never buying from **********s thanks to this thread and the countless others in here as well as the ones that they requested be deleted
+2
      12-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335JB View Post

Well, actually... I ordered all that stuff on the same day (June 23) and it was my first and last time I'll ever buy from them

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Theres problems with all the vendors as they are just business people trying to make a few bucks.

Heres my vendor woes. (not modbargins)
I ordered an m3 spoiler one week ago. Told it would be shipped in three days after painting. However four days later I have to give my paint code for the third time and it still hasnt shipped. So either it was painted 4 days late, or painted the wrong color and another had to be painted. The vendor wont really say, besides that it will be here next week. Minimum of a week and a half to send out a m3 spoiler. Who knows if it will take longer.

All vendors should know that if someone buys one thing, they are likely to buy more. So good customer service is needed for repeat customers but they dont seem to realize that.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
^ let me guess... Mforce designs?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #9
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
^ let me guess... Mforce designs?
lol, nope. They had a great price, but I actually found one from a vendor for 5 bucks cheaper. He is a vendor on the site, but not modbargins or mforce.

There might not be any problems at all. I dont actually know how long it takes to paint and ship a spoiler but a week seems like a long time.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #10
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
You know who I HAVEN'T had a problem with... JLeviSW. Nick@JLevi actually tried to help me with my problems with **********s!! Amazing... helping others who aren't even their customers... and I've purchased a few items from them in the past (including my vorsteiner bootlid) and all came quickly with NO issues whatsoever... I'm almost exclusively buying everything from them if they have it in stock...

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
335JB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Well, actually... I ordered all that stuff on the same day (June 23) and it was my first and last time I'll ever buy from them
sorry. thought u ordered the kws and emblems on june 23 followed by the sway bar at another date. still sucks that **********s has yet to change anything in the way they handle their business after so many repeated complaints all stemming around their [lack of/poor] customer service. i agree on the excellent srvice of jlevi as well. ive purchased quite a few things from them with no complaints. no company runs efficiently at 100% but **********s appears as if they dont even try

OEM Front Lip | Seibon CF Trunk | CF Kidney Grills | Painted Reflectors | GP Thunder Angels | ACS Roof Spoiler | Rear Fogs
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 09:48 PM   #12
Tara_Bell
Pink!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW E90 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
The only issue here that I can post about is the one about the roundels. We spoke on the phone Dec. 2nd and immediately after receiving the pictures of the roundels I asked you email, I contacted our supplier. Here is the email I wrote:

Customer emailed saying that he would like a refund for these CF roundels. He has already had them replaced once and would like to have his money back to purchase from a different source. Please let me know if you can refund this order.

Thank you,
Tara

Picture attached

One day later I received a reply stating:

Hi Tara,

I am sorry but we can not refund this customers order. He can return them un-used for site credit. You will have to fill out an RMA for his order.

Thanks,

I knew this was not an answer that would make you a happy customer, so instead of taking this answer to you I responded immediately with the following:

on your website it states - All roundels are backed with a 1-year warranty against fading, peeling, or any other defect. These made to withstand all weather conditions and are removed with ease if you're required to do so.

His roundels are peeling. This means he used them. How can he return something unused when he used it?

I am still waiting for a final reply. When a situation like this comes up, I do my best to get the customer exactly what they ask for. Sometimes, it takes a few days. I am pretty confident that I will be able to get your refund for you. I only ask that you give me a little time to work on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 12:11 AM   #13
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Thank you for your response, Tara... I have not discounted you yet... I was mostly commenting on the problems I had with the KWv2's and the UUC sway bars. I realize that the roundel situation is currently in process and I noted in my first post that I have yet to see where it leads. I am only skeptical because James and Ron were both as friendly and as eager to help me as you were... yet there were no results. I am still hoping you can follow up on this, but your colleagues have failed to do so in the past. Maybe you're the spark that will keep **********s running...

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #14
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Update: Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ron************ sent me a very sincere PM apologizing for not following up with me on the UUC sway bar problem and told me that **********s is working on a new system to prevent customers slipping through the cracks to improve their customer service. Here's the PM:

Quote:
I thank you for your response, as to the follow- up I understand the situation, it is something that we're already implementing a new system so that there is a continued follow-up and no one slips through the cracks. We've been building it with a team of programmers for months now and are continuing to work on the new system.

I believe it is our fault for not continuing to get you an update, I should have had some type of reminder on UUC as I had been waiting for their response back which they didn't provide to me because as they said they were moving.

Let me know there is any thing you may need in the future as I will try to earn your business which I understand we may have lost. We are investing heavily into some great new systems and a revamped website to better serve our customers into the future to avoid problems like this and many other things to improve the experience with our company. If I didn't care about our customers, I wouldn't be putting in 14hour days 5-6 days a week. I do care, and I am passionate about what we do and are doing for the community - this is obviously hard to convey via an email or when you haven't seen us here at work.

Let me know if you have any further questions for me or ideas or opinions, I am very open to suggestions and such. Also you are welcome to give me a call here at ************** at any time.

Best regards,

Ron
www.**********s.com
Seems to me like Ron really does care about his customers... I guess I was one of those customers who fell through the cracks and had a bad experience... twice (once for the KW's and once for the UUC sways). If what Ron is saying is indeed true, then hopefully nobody else will fall through the cracks and when that happens, **********s will be a great place to do business with.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #15
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

+1 for companies who realize customer satisfaction and support is a top priority and must always be improved.

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 0